Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Sep 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3930948)   #1076
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Any change has to be for the better as things can hardly get worse.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3930953)   #1077
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams' title sponsor Rokit, recently extended its deal to back the team until the 2023 season but I don't see Rokit being happy with the deal, if Williams current performance continues, well into next season.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3930956)   #1078
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I guess it doesn’t feel right to have a team like Williams so far down. But then again it also happened to teams like Lotus, Tyrrell and Brabham
Tyrrell is leading the championship right now
Old 29 Sep 2019, 20:23 (Ref:3930957)   #1079
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Another bad day for Williams, not sure what they can do about it but they must bounce back soon.
oh dear

Quote:
Senior Race Engineer Dave Robson: "We opted to retire Robert [#Kubica] soon afterwards in order to conserve parts ahead of the intense flyaway races which end the season."
seems Williams are really strapped for cash
Old 29 Sep 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3930962)   #1080
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That really does sound very bad indeed......
Old 30 Sep 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3931008)   #1081
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It could either mean "are we even going to make 2021?" or "even we can't see any sense in Robert tugging around so far off the pace any more."

It's a shame to see them reduced to start money specials. Now that may sound harsh but someone who is not competitive, needs to "save parts" and hasn't improved their car all year could only be in it for the money. And if the money isn't there......

Let's hope that some Saudia-like white knight gallops in before it's too late.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Sep 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3931084)   #1082
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Williams' title sponsor Rokit, recently extended its deal to back the team until the 2023 season but I don't see Rokit being happy with the deal, if Williams current performance continues, well into next season.
Unless it’s performance related
Old 30 Sep 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3931123)   #1083
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A fiver for each point? Cheap as chips......
Old 30 Sep 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3931125)   #1084
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Unless it’s performance related
Ultimately it's going to be performance related. A sponsor hasn't shelled out all that money, to see the car running at the back of the grid or retiring.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3931132)   #1085
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Ultimately it's going to be performance related. A sponsor hasn't shelled out all that money, to see the car running at the back of the grid or retiring.
I think it depends upon what expectations have been set with the sponsor.

I can imagine that running at the back of the grid might be minimally acceptable. I expect retiring working cars might be pushing it? I guess only Williams and their sponsor(s) know what is acceptable.

Regardless, I can imagine for some sponsors that what they want is to show an F1 car with their logo on it in promotional material. And it would be a subset of the target audience that might actually understand the situation as to good or bad performance of the car. I am curious how much the situation of Williams in F1 rises up enough to break outside of the F1 bubble within the market the sponsor cares about.

Richard
Old 30 Sep 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3931158)   #1086
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

Regardless, I can imagine for some sponsors that what they want is to show an F1 car with their logo on it in promotional material. And it would be a subset of the target audience that might actually understand the situation as to good or bad performance of the car. I am curious how much the situation of Williams in F1 rises up enough to break outside of the F1 bubble within the market the sponsor cares about.

Richard
Well it works.. I'd never heard of "Rokit" until it appeared on a Williams. It's certainly getting some photos taken now!
No such thing as bad publicity..
Old 30 Sep 2019, 20:04 (Ref:3931163)   #1087
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Well it works.. I'd never heard of "Rokit" until it appeared on a Williams. It's certainly getting some photos taken now!
Exactly! Same thing for Rich Energy (but they might be pushing the envelope regarding any publicity is good publicity)!

Richard
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3931176)   #1088
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have it on good authority that Rokit were delighted with the TV coverage from Baku (specifically) as even though Russell's car was pretty well wrecked by the drain cover, and further damaged by the flatbed crane hitting the bridge, it meant their logos got a whole bunch of unexpected and basically free airtime across the entire world.

The best part is that the footage and the photos keeps being shown in highlight reels or opinion pieces.

A classic example of all publicity being good, and a classic example of our appreciation of a situation being very different to that of a sponsorship contract manager!
Old 30 Sep 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3931179)   #1089
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
I think the current Williams plan is to get the Latifi millions, sell Russell end of next year for an engine discount and then get the Mazepin billions.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 22:42 (Ref:3931196)   #1090
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I have it on good authority that Rokit were delighted with the TV coverage from Baku (specifically) as even though Russell's car was pretty well wrecked by the drain cover, and further damaged by the flatbed crane hitting the bridge, it meant their logos got a whole bunch of unexpected and basically free airtime across the entire world.

The best part is that the footage and the photos keeps being shown in highlight reels or opinion pieces.

A classic example of all publicity being good, and a classic example of our appreciation of a situation being very different to that of a sponsorship contract manager!
I just wonder how long that will last, with a car that is most of the time at the back of the grid.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 22:54 (Ref:3931199)   #1091
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Either way Rokit extended their deal with Williams this summer...well enough into the season to know the score.

Even at the back of the grid i suspect Williams has enough to offer ranging from exposure, access, hospitality, engineering...b2b baby!
Old 30 Sep 2019, 23:04 (Ref:3931201)   #1092
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Either way Rokit extended their deal with Williams this summer...well enough into the season to know the score.

Even at the back of the grid i suspect Williams has enough to offer ranging from exposure, access, hospitality, engineering...b2b baby!
Indeed Rokit did extend the deal. However, when Senior Race Engineer Dave Robson says: "We opted to retire Robert soon afterwards in order to conserve parts ahead of the intense flyaway races which end the season." it doesn't look good.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 23:27 (Ref:3931203)   #1093
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah he probably should have said that better.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3931257)   #1094
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
oh dear

seems Williams are really strapped for cash
Yes, to me it is clearly a financial shortage calling for retiring cars to save parts.... given their usual qualifying position, they are not saving engine parts and transmissions to save having to take grid penalties for replacements. They start rear of grid other than others that have taken penalties for new components.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3931263)   #1095
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Just because someone has a deal doesn’t mean they are up to date with their payments. Sometimes an extension is a way to reschedule payments.

Not saying that is the case here but who knows. Rokit products/revenues were certainly questioned here when the deal was announced after Rich Energy dropped them for Haas. And if you preferred Rich Energy in the first place...
Old 4 Oct 2019, 01:07 (Ref:3931818)   #1096
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Plus, you see a Williams car on screen as much if not more than any other midfield runner. They're there at the start, and are always getting screen time as the leaders go around them, which doesn't always happen to other midfield cars. And they are always first out in practice sessions and qualifying, often as the only car on track. That's more screen time for the rolling billboard.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3935224)   #1097
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say, this piece on italiaracing is a very uncomfortable read - https://www.italiaracing.net/Kubica-...ccusa/239742/1
Old 17 Oct 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3935227)   #1098
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Have to say, this piece on italiaracing is a very uncomfortable read - https://www.italiaracing.net/Kubica-...ccusa/239742/1
My Italian is not too hot, so can you give a synopsis of the article, it would be appreciated?
Old 17 Oct 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3935229)   #1099
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Essentially, and my italian isn't the best either, George Russell constantly complaining about his brakes during the Japanese GP and wanting to park it but being told to carry on despite how dangerous the situation was, then when he got out of the car at the end he clearly stated that this cannot go on. Add to that the non stop grumbling from Kubicas side of the garage and it doesn't paint a pretty picture.
Old 17 Oct 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3935230)   #1100
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Essentially, and my italian isn't the best either, George Russell constantly complaining about his brakes during the Japanese GP and wanting to park it but being told to carry on despite how dangerous the situation was, then when he got out of the car at the end he clearly stated that this cannot go on. Add to that the non stop grumbling from Kubicas side of the garage and it doesn't paint a pretty picture.
Thanks. It certainly does and sounds like a team in total disarray.