Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 1 Jan 2007, 09:02 (Ref:1802679)   #101
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cheapskate!
Old 1 Jan 2007, 10:10 (Ref:1802699)   #102
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everything you need to start competing IS INCLUDED IN THE STARTER PACK!
Old 1 Jan 2007, 10:20 (Ref:1802702)   #103
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which is a very reasonable £46.00.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 10:50 (Ref:1802719)   #104
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I could list here some other things the £46 could go on?

terence - not when you have the starter pack bar the form it's not
Old 1 Jan 2007, 11:18 (Ref:1802731)   #105
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
£46 ? It's £51 on the MSA website.

Also noted this..

Quote:
Any one who does not possess a Race Licence (apart from certain exceptions, see below) must first apply to the MSA for a "Go Racing" Pack. The pack contains – among other information – a "Competitors Yearbook", a VHS video and a novice application form.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 11:19 (Ref:1802732)   #106
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Suze, we've all had to pay out for the pack whether we feel we need it or not.
When I started racing I borrowed my mates starter pack for the video but I still had to buy my own for the application form.
It's one of those things in life you can't avoid it if you want to get your licence. Learn to live with it and if you are that hard up for £46 I would suggest you forget racing as this £46 is a drop in the ocean compared with what it is going to cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend

Also noted this..
It looks like waiting has cost you an extra £5

Last edited by Tim Falce; 1 Jan 2007 at 11:23.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 11:32 (Ref:1802741)   #107
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
um,

I didn't. I started too many years ago.

But as I understand it you can't just fill out the form you have to register anyway, which you do when you apply for the pack.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 11:40 (Ref:1802745)   #108
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
um,

I didn't. I started too many years ago.
Sorry, I meant all us youngsters that had to do the ARDS test
Old 1 Jan 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1802752)   #109
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Which is a very reasonable £51.00.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 11:57 (Ref:1802764)   #110
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tim - sure you can appreciate though if you can avoid paying it, you will, particularly with having the rest of the info anyway - it's not being hard up for it as have the money for it and to race etc, but I do know of others who have not paid for the form - if you don't ask if anyone has one, you don't get hence other thread in this forum. Having known of others who have "just got one" it was worth asking.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 11:59 (Ref:1802767)   #111
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Suze,
I have just been looking at the MSA website and if I am reading it correctly, providing you get your application in and pass your test before your next birthday you can save yourself a packet by not needing to have a medical.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 12:08 (Ref:1802774)   #112
Suze
Veteran

England
Thanks, been reading that too and need to re-read as wasn't sure whether I didn't need a medical or not but good to see I'm not the only one who read it that way...!
Old 1 Jan 2007, 15:50 (Ref:1802883)   #113
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Thanks, been reading that too and need to re-read as wasn't sure whether I didn't need a medical or not but good to see I'm not the only one who read it that way...!
Has it changed? I thought all first-time licence applicants had to take a one-off medical, then it's not needed again until over 45, or if you upgrade to International level?
Old 1 Jan 2007, 16:03 (Ref:1802889)   #114
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
David, according to the MSA site, you don't need the medical if you are under eighteen although Suze may need one at first renewal when she will then be eighteen.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 1 Jan 2007 at 16:12.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 18:06 (Ref:1802932)   #115
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
David, according to the MSA site, you don't need the medical if you are under eighteen although Suze may need one at first renewal when she will then be eighteen.
Gawd, how wonderful to be that young - thanks for clarification, hadn't seen that before.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 19:19 (Ref:1802955)   #116
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just to crash this on the subject of age.....

Suze don't forget that if you want to race before you are 18 you need a parent or legal guardian to countersign for you at sign on and to remain at the circuit during the event. If it's a legal guardian they will need to produce documentation that confirms this.

Alternatively, you can download (I think!) a parental authority form from the MSA which you need to get a parent to sign to give someone else authority to countersign for you at sign on.

I have lost count of the number of young drivers who have turned up with their mate, their brother or someone similar at sign on this year. It's not a fun situation!
Old 1 Jan 2007, 19:24 (Ref:1802957)   #117
Suze
Veteran

England
No turn 18 at very beginning of season but thanks...

Sometimes it's a hassle, being under 18 but not living at home, but still having to send forms eg BMMC membership application recently back to Mum to sign!
Old 3 Jan 2007, 12:04 (Ref:1805056)   #118
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I have been waiting for the Online licence renewal bit to work - is it a forlorn hope? If so I'l have to fill out the paper renewal... oh how autocomplete on web pages has made me lazy!
Old 3 Jan 2007, 12:10 (Ref:1805060)   #119
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Try calling the MSA to ask if it's a short term technical hitch.
Old 3 Jan 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1805070)   #120
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently being trialled this afternoon so could be up and running the morrow!
Old 3 Jan 2007, 20:57 (Ref:1805520)   #121
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Just checked the status of mine and it's still not done, recieved on the 4th and started processig on the 19th. 4 weeks isn't bad for a 15 day turn around.....NOT
Old 3 Jan 2007, 21:21 (Ref:1805542)   #122
cannardd
Racer

United Kingdom
London, England
cannardd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know this is rubbing it in, but the stats on mine are:

Competition Application Status: PRINTED
Competition Application Received: 14/11/2006 10:44:28
Competition Application being processed: 15/11/2006 14:58:03
Competition Application Returned:
Competition Licence Sent: 14/12/2006 17:14:19

However I had already received my licence by the 14th December, so the updates may be running slightly behind.
Old 4 Jan 2007, 12:27 (Ref:1806052)   #123
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've not even had my medical yet, don't need it until March so will wait for the panic to die down and the backlogue to clear !
Old 4 Jan 2007, 14:41 (Ref:1806238)   #124
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

After 6pm tonight allegedly!
Old 5 Jan 2007, 23:09 (Ref:1807838)   #125
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
will apply for mine next week as I had my medical last night - GP relieved me of £99 - yes, £99 - is this a new record?

and before somebody asks, no I don't know anyone else who 'earns' £297 per hour...