Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 29 Nov 2004, 09:57 (Ref:1166876)   #1
graham101
Rookie

graham101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CG-Lock

Has anyone used the CG-Lock?...I used one at the track the other day..it is the best add on I've ever bought which improved my control of the car...it simply attaches to the buckle of your existing seatbelt...took me 5 mins to attach,...and made my lap belt (note not the shoulder section) tight....for the first time I did a lap without holding on to the wheel and wedging my knee into the door!!...highly recommended
Old 30 Nov 2004, 12:24 (Ref:1167968)   #2
kruse
Rookie

kruse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
low cost safety belt lock

I agree the CD lock is great, but I find it to expensive. go to http://www.gracobaby.com/products/su...41+501&act=A20 look for the locking clip 4045 Sold in Baby R us or Toys R us. This lock will do nearly the same as the CG lock, but is more difficult to install, and the look is not as fancy. Install the safaty belt, make sure the hip belt is tight, really tight. Then install the locking clip just above the latch plate. First install it on the chest belt, ensure it is adjusted so the hip belt is tight, then add the hip belt into the lock. It is normally to lock belt for use with a baby car seat, but it works fine for grown up baby's playing with their toy on a track day
You can leave it there when you unlock the belt, and it is ready for next lab. Easy to remove after a track day.

To days no. 1 tip
Old 16 Jan 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1202588)   #3
graham101
Rookie

graham101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CG-Lock

...I have tried all sorts of ways to keep the lap belt tight during track days, but you know they all are fiddly and impossible to keep the settings exact...for 50 quid the CG-Lock is a no brainer...when you think about all the money spent on getting your car to go faster/better, this cheap add on cuts a second off lap times...and also doesnt interfere with the safety of the seatbelt...