Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 May 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3079775)   #1
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oldtimer GP Nurburgring query

We are doing this event later in the year and have a query about pitstops/re fuelling - in the past we have done the Eiffelrennen which uses the Ring and the GP circuit which allows for pitstops in the GP garages - the Oldtimer is just on the ring - so where do we refuel/ change drivers etc ?

Anyone else doing this race ?
Old 27 May 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3079862)   #2
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
hmmm according to this page
http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/events...rand-prix.html

it's on the GP circuit?
Old 27 May 2012, 19:38 (Ref:3080063)   #3
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
Thanks David for the reply but it is definitely just on the nordschleife alone as there are other events on the GP circuit at the same time
Old 28 May 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3080366)   #4
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just read the Regs, and I'm amazed to see that the Historic Marathon (which includes the Nurburgring Trophy I was expecting to run at again this year, after last year's debut!) do indeed run on the Nordschliefe ONLY, not the combined Nord + GP circuits. That is a disappointment to me, especially as I guess they'll put that car miles away from the FJ I plan to race in Lurani - and the Paddock marshals do do a 'special' job at OGP ...

Mind you that concern becomes irrelevant when I look at the timetable - the qualifying for the Marathon/Nurburgring Trophy and the Lurani Trophy CLASH! What are they thinking? It is impossible to do both events. Strongly inclined to do neither ... Although that means I'll miss my annual pilgrimage to the Pistenklaus ...

Miffed, James
Old 28 May 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3080391)   #5
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
I can only presume it is down to costs, as the Old Timer is now on one day and on the Nordschleife alone where as even 2 years ago the Eiffelrennen was on both circuits with practice the day before which gave an opportunity to fix things if they went wrong which with a nearly 50 year old British car they often do...
Old 28 May 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3080462)   #6
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check out the details by following liks from this one

http://www.avd.de/ogpracing/english/home.html

The Marathon is indeed onlt on the Nordschleife, and I have been informed by Carol Spagg the U2TC organiser that our proposed U2TC only race has now been cancelled & will become a sub-race within the Marathon event.

I agree with pevious comments ref re-fuelling ; there are 4 pumps in a very small 'pit' area just under the coca cola grandstand, but I don't see 150 + cars being able to use only this area !!!!!!! Maybe they will erect temporary pumps at the public entrance at Dottinger hole, but it IS going to be an interesting one to solve.

Maybe a BiG BIG tank in the car is the answer
Old 28 May 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3080585)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By all accounts a time limit of 1minute is allowed for each car?