Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Aug 2019, 17:29 (Ref:3923117)   #46
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best grid the series has got so far.

My last comment on the Bentley was proved wrong .

28 cars which is good.Speed difference between the 908s and the Aston GT4s was frightening.

Last round at Spa.Looking forward to that one.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3923120)   #47
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With some of the new names on the Spa 6 Hours list, fingers crossed for some additional entires.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3923248)   #48
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the current dismal world of bop and spec, and with the amazing array of machinery this period provided, this probably would be my favorite series in the world right now. If I could just watch all of it...

But I guess even one TV-covered event is better than nothing. Amazing cars with headlights blazing, no BS

Last edited by Chiana; 18 Aug 2019 at 16:04.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3923293)   #49
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I presume youíre not in a position to go to race meetings and watch live, then.

The ĎAston Martin Masters Endurance Legendsí series (as it is now called) is run by Masters Historic Racing, and as far as I know they donít have the wherewithal / funds / whatever to have their races recorded. If they are televised or put on YouTube, itís usually because the particular event organiser has arranged it, or has a deal with a TV company. In this instance ITV4 in the UK.

Masters also run an Endurance Legends series in N America, alongside their HF1 over there, so some of those events may get recorded. The last 2 weekends they have been racing at Laguna Seca during the Monterey Reunion, so worth searching for coverage of that.

The other European organiser running similar cars, Peter Auto with their ĎEndurance Racing Legendsí, have a YouTube channel, but I donít think complete races are on there. Seems to be highlights mostly. They will racing at Monza next month, so again, keep an eye out for coverage. Their recent meeting from the Hungaroring was completely televised by a Hungarian TV company, but the ĎLegendsí were not racing at that event.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 19:33 (Ref:3923300)   #50
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unfortunately no ability to fly off here from Finland, no, unless for holiday (for which I don't have the money anyway). Anyway yes upon the launch of this series, IIRC Graham Goodwin was saying somewhere he was going to inquiry Nick Minassian on whether or not there would be coverage along the way, but my memory might fail me on that one. It is understandable why there isn't any apart from these one-offs but it's a shame still, maybe some day. I'm still hoping them to get the LM Saturday support slot some day

Yes the Monterey historics have been live on IMSAtv this weekend, well hopefully eventually uploaded. Nice to see the old GT1 Corvette entered, both C5-R and C6.R
Old 21 Aug 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3923651)   #51
Aysedasi
Shy and Retiring.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'm still hoping them to get the LM Saturday support slot some day
You and me both.......

49/268
Old 21 Aug 2019, 17:55 (Ref:3923658)   #52
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
They could conceivably get a support race spot at Le Mans Classic. (Peter Auto version rather than Masters.) Keep next yearís dates open just in case.....

https://www.lemansclassic.com/language/en/home/
Old 22 Aug 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3923735)   #53
Chiana
Veteran

Yes it would be nice but LM Classic is only every two years, and like most historic-only events gets poor media coverage, so I would much prefer it to be at the LM proper. One can dream

Anyway, going back to Masters at Silverstone, watching the Lola AMR battling against 908 HDI FAP and Dyson Lola-AER almost brought tear to my eye, so good... why do the times have to change so quickly in this sport
Old 22 Aug 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3923744)   #54
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
I was more thinking of a physical visit, rather than watching on stream or whatever, so maybe not your thing.

Having been to LM24 and LMC a couple of times each, with added privilege of racing at the latter, either is worth saving up for, but at the Classic you get such an amazing variety of cars......
Old 23 Aug 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3923893)   #55
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The supposed Aston Martin Only race series for GT1, GT3, GTE, GT4 and one of specials such as the Vulcan have now instead of having there own race will now be running in the same race as the Endurance Legends at Spa for the historic 6 hours.

https://astonmartinheritageracing.com/festival-series/