Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jul 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3920347)   #646
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

Wonder if itís with a full pro lineup or some paying customers
Old 30 Jul 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3920411)   #647
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Frankly, I fail to see which accidents you are referring too, or who are supposed to be the idiots.

Sure, there were accidents, and cars were wrecked.
However, if you are referring to the am bronze/silver drivers (you mention idiots with money) then I don't think that's fair to them.
Have to agree with 'Gert'.

It was a 24 hour race, there were always going too be accidents with a large, very competitive field and in conditions that were probably as bad as they could have been.
Personally, to get 51 classified finishers out of a field of 72 with the rain coming and going, making tyre choice complete guesswork, I think every driver in the field should be congratulated! Before the event I actually thought that it would be a lot worse finishing rate.

If we didn't have the am/bronze/silver/paying drivers you wouldn't get such a spectacular field of drivers and teams who want to take on the challenge and throughout the weekend I reckon that most of them did a brilliant job in keeping it on the 'island' for most of the time - yes there were a couple of 'idiot' moments, there were also a number of car/tyre failures that caused crashes and there were also a few 'pro' drivers who could learn a lesson from some of them!

With regards to the commentary team, I thought that they did a fantastic job. Being able to follow the live stream at the circuit wherever you were was a huge improvement on what we had a few years ago. Yes JW bumbles on a bit but he does know what he is talking about. The only one that I cannot put up with is Dakota - has she any idea what she is supposed to do.
Overall, the streaming coverage is light years ahead of anything that Eurosport have done this year - SRO should take note and dump Eurosport and just plough any funds into other promotional stuff.
Old 30 Jul 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3920412)   #648
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Lambo Commits to IGTC for 2020

https://sportscar365.com/sro/igtc/la...igtc-for-2020/
Old 30 Jul 2019, 21:03 (Ref:3920461)   #649
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
It does not work anywhere. The Blancpain GT series really stinks now. I used to be to excited about the Spa 24 throughout the decade. This year, I barely followed it. Exactly as I predicted a safety car calamity. This is no endurance race its just a bunch of sprint races with a safety car pause and then you go again. Strangley though I have enjoyed the sprint series races more than the endurance so far this year despite the fact that the sprint series is lacking in manufacturer diversity. Its pretty much Lambo vs Mercedes vs Audi, with an occasional lone Ferrari or Aston Martin.

There really is not much real endurance racing anymore. I think Nurburgring is the best since they just go with slow zones. Daytona and Sebring have gotten better mainly because of their field sizes which are in the 40's now. Perfectly fine in this day and age of great reliability. Quite content to keep those grids under 50 cars. Bathurst has too many safety cars. Actually I am looking forward to the Suzuka 10 hours. That went off well in 2018 (broadcasting aside). The Indy 8 hours has a ton of potential I think. On the Creventic side, I've become a big fan of the COTA 24.
Spa and Bathurst have too many safety cars but Sebring and Daytona don't? Please. At least in Bathurst and Spa unlapping isn't mandatory... All of them are great races though. Just enjoy it man, we are in a golden era of endurance racing.
Old 31 Jul 2019, 00:27 (Ref:3920469)   #650
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
Spa and Bathurst have too many safety cars but Sebring and Daytona don't? Please. At least in Bathurst and Spa unlapping isn't mandatory... All of them are great races though. Just enjoy it man, we are in a golden era of endurance racing.
Yeah that is exactly what I'm saying sir. I have no problem owning that claim and stand by it. But yes agree that they are all great events for sure. Just preaching how the endurance nature of these races needs to be preserved.
Old 31 Jul 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3920541)   #651
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the first hour of the Eurosport 'coverage' from the weekend.

What a complete load of rubbish! Did they have any idea what was going on?

Mark Cole I can sort of put up with but, Tom Gaynor? So far out of his depth and I was not even sure that he was there!

The first question that he was asked by a viewer, was, 'which cars were likely to benefit more from running in the wet conditions' - a fairly sensibly question from a casual viewer - to which his answer was 'probably the Porsche but unlikely to be the front wheel drive Nissan!' PLEASE!

If Eurosport cannot be bothered to cover the event with people who at least have some idea about what they are taking about and cover at least the daylight hours of the race then just don't bother at all!
Old 2 Aug 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3920826)   #652
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Full race replay is now on the GT World Youtube channnel, for anyone else like me who couldn't watch live - https://www.youtube.com/user/gt1world/videos
Old 6 Aug 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3921715)   #653
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi friends, here are my (our) pics from the Spa 24h: https://gt.report/cDH6B

Hope there are some in there that you find half-decent.

MORE: https://gt.report/cDH6B
Old 23 Aug 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3923913)   #654
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bernd Schneider is believed to retire at the Kyalami 9 Hours.
Old 28 Aug 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3924532)   #655
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better late than never, here#s two large albums from the Spa 24:

Start to dusk: https://bit.ly/2NDCIAq
Night to finish: https://bit.ly/2NDcNck

The rain and gloom made photography a little trying, to say the least! However, rain does make for spectacular night pictures as the lights reflect off the track. The first half of the second album thus has what I reckon are the most interesting pictures here.

Enjoy!