Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Sep 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3925777)   #1051
Turbodcc
Rookie

Turbodcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good honest assessment,

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...-fuji/4529366/
Old 4 Sep 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3925855)   #1052
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it was good to see them race at silverstone and i wish them luck in the next race
Old 4 Sep 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3925859)   #1053
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodcc View Post
I guess I would have thought that they would hire a crew with experience to help run their cars but it sounds like they used their actual staff who aren't used to being in the garage for this type of event.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 01:49 (Ref:3925906)   #1054
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That’s kind of cool. I’m not going to criticise them for that.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 04:09 (Ref:3925913)   #1055
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Their top speed will be one to look for at Fuji. They definitely have that in hand. Hope they challenge.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 08:34 (Ref:3925945)   #1056
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They certainly seem more competitive than last season, so the signs are encouraging for the season ahead
Old 5 Sep 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3925960)   #1057
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Toyota wil win easy on all tracks, they sandbagged qualifying and weren't they even faster in raceconditions?
Old 5 Sep 2019, 15:15 (Ref:3926004)   #1058
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Toyota wil win easy on all tracks, they sandbagged qualifying and weren't they even faster in raceconditions?
No, they were slower on slicks in the rain than Rebellion was on wets in the rain
Old 7 Sep 2019, 00:28 (Ref:3926281)   #1059
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
I don't know what you mean but Toyota did a 1:35.9** in qualifying. In the race they set a 1:37.289 on lap 8. I don't think they sandbagged when they were a second faster than last year even though they were 40 some kg heavier. I was surprised that the Ginetta was able to get a 1:37 in qualifying because they are bringing a new car basically and have no experience with it on the tracks they are to run.
Old 8 Sep 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3926727)   #1060
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A Ginetta LMP1 car was delivered to a customer yesterday. I will not get to try it at the slot car club until next week😊
Old 9 Sep 2019, 14:29 (Ref:3926926)   #1061
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
A Ginetta LMP1 car was delivered to a customer yesterday. I will not get to try it at the slot car club until next week😊
Well what livery did it have, the silverstone one or something different
Old 9 Sep 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3926934)   #1062
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Take your pick:

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/cat...ult/?q=ginetta
Old 9 Sep 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3926935)   #1063
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The shiny blue one 😊 It does look good shame I will have to wait a while for a suitable class to face in
Old 21 Jul 2020, 12:43 (Ref:3989959)   #1064
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ginetta officially does not care any longer

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...paign=widget-1

Ginetta boss Lawrence Tomlinson told Motorsport.com that he no longer has an appetite to run the LMP1 cars in the WEC next year.

"In terms of racing the cars ourselves in the WEC, that ship has sailed," he said. "I do things that make me money or make me happy, and racing in the WEC does neither."
Old 21 Jul 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3989988)   #1065
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When you think that FIA and ACO are at the deepest level - they just crash another bottom and sink further into the place where sun doesn't shine.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3989993)   #1066
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes but running neutered, butchered P1 cars in 2021 was always just about as bad idea as was the theoretical possibility of running neutered GT1 cars in 2011 GTE-AM

I guess if you are Chris Dyson with cash it might make sense to enter Le Mans next year even with horribly slowed down Ginetta, given it's possible the new out of shelf Toyotas and Glickenhaus might explode with gremlins and give the trophy for best of the rest, but you might just as well achieve the same with Oreca 07. AER's track record is still terrible despite SMP Dallara managing podium last year

Last edited by Deleted; 21 Jul 2020 at 14:49.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 14:59 (Ref:3989997)   #1067
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It all started in a very intriguing way, with a Mecachrome deal. It could be a real old school cross-classes cooperation and not only chassis but an engine development story. But...
I really feel so sorry for journalists who still try their best writing anything "technical" about racing.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 15:06 (Ref:3989998)   #1068
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
It all started in a very intriguing way, with a Mecachrome deal. It could be a real old school cross-classes cooperation and not only chassis but an engine development story. But...
I really feel so sorry for journalists who still try their best writing anything "technical" about racing.
Agree

With Mechachrome and the rest of the combinations in mind, in the end Le Mans 2018 was probably the final time there was a true, rich and pure constructors tech competition in sportscar racing... even though technically even that race was messed up with Toyota's forced-in stint advantage that resulted in penalties if not followed... Le Mans 2019 and to lesser extent 2020 now show the very last remnants of what there once was but essentially it is all over.

Racecar Engineering magazine, I'm unsure what the point of that publication is anymore, other than purely for discussing some aspects of Formula 1

Speaking of Chris Dyson, it's kind of interesting to have one man here who was there racing at the the final fall of LMP1 in America, and now showing up at the very end of worldwide LMP1 collapse too. In both cases making room for much more simplistic show cars, first for remnant dinosauric Grand-Am tube framers and their LMP2-based spec successors, and now for the panic-driven mess FIA and ACO have come up with in attempt to please everyone, yet in actuality pleasing very few

Last edited by Deleted; 21 Jul 2020 at 15:27.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 15:34 (Ref:3990003)   #1069
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

Speaking of Chris Dyson, it's kind of interesting to have one man here who was there racing at the the final fall of LMP1 in America, and now showing up at the very end of worldwide LMP1 collapse too. In both cases making room for much more simplistic show cars, first for remnant dinosauric Grand-Am tube framers and their LMP2-based spec successors, and now for the panic-driven mess FIA and ACO have come up with in attempt to please everyone, yet pleasing very few

His racing career recollections would be worth reading. I would definitely buy it. Not saying about Ginetta's vision of modern racing landscape falling into some sort of communism (everything is standard but shifty persons still manage to live way better than 90% of others, and journalists are scared to write about it openly).
Old 21 Jul 2020, 15:46 (Ref:3990005)   #1070
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
His racing career recollections would be worth reading. I would definitely buy it. Not saying about Ginetta's vision of modern racing landscape falling into some sort of communism (everything is standard but shifty persons still manage to live way better than 90% of others, and journalists are scared to write about it openly).
They would be... I wonder if he 'disappears' again once this is over

I guess it's understandable why the industry sportscar journalists don't want to talk about the shadiness of it all, because you know they want to be employed and invited to places in the future too. And as for the mainstream media, they and most of their readers don't care about sportscar racing in the first place, so there's no incentive to talk about the cartel business models of Hughes de Chaunac and alike, nor of political courtrooms where most things are decided today instead on race tracks
Old 21 Jul 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3990007)   #1071
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
All in all a sad situation. Maybe Ginetta will be able to turn to their "garagist" roots and supply more chassis for club racing or national level events. For example, I would have watched Italian Prototype championship if it wasn't a one make series. I have nothing against Wolf but some competition won't hamper them.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 17:13 (Ref:3990019)   #1072
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
All in all a sad situation. Maybe Ginetta will be able to turn to their "garagist" roots and supply more chassis for club racing or national level events. For example, I would have watched Italian Prototype championship if it wasn't a one make series. I have nothing against Wolf but some competition won't hamper them.
Yes, let's remember that when Ginetta joined ACO racing in 2015, they were open to construct their own independent chassis in P1, P2 and P3. In addition, they were allowed to insert whatever engine and tires they would have wished on P1 and P2 cars. There was a clear dynamic hierarchy in constructors prototype racing - LMP1 you could do whatever you wanted, in P2 quite a bit of what you wanted (relatively speaking even if they had frozen cost cap rules already), and then you had junior entry level class in P3 (which was fine at the time because the other two classes above still allowed freedom).

Yet mere half a decade later the only class they can continue to compete is a frozen spec class of P3 - And even that is because they've struck exclusivity circle deal with the ACO. That is unless they wish to build LMH bop wagon, which they won't, or insert aesthetic and bopped body parts on LMP2 car other people made and sticker rebrand it as Ginetta LMDH, which they don't.

I've probably told you this earlier already but I strongly urge you to follow Thunderhill 25 Hours this December (if it's run) because it's one of the only puristic sportscar races left on the planet without ludicrous bop and spec rules. The margins between winning cars are massive and you have all sorts of weird stuff there, plus exotics of yesteryear such as Lola LMP2 the last time around. Streaming coverage has also improved over the years

Last edited by Deleted; 21 Jul 2020 at 17:24.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 17:23 (Ref:3990022)   #1073
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Quote:
I've probably told you this earlier already but I strongly urge you to follow Thunderhill 25 Hours this December (if it's run) because it's one of the only puristic sportscar races left on the planet without ludicrous bop and spec rules. The margins between winning cars are massive and you have all sorts of weird stuff there, plus exotics of yesteryear such as Lola LMP2 the last time around. Streaming coverage has also improved over the years

It's on my watch list for sure. I just do not want to make any firm plans (even for online streaming) as it usually goes horribly wrong when I try to predict anything.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 17:27 (Ref:3990023)   #1074
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
It's on my watch list for sure. I just do not want to make any firm plans (even for online streaming) as it usually goes horribly wrong when I try to predict anything.
Know the feeling...
Old 29 Jul 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3991449)   #1075
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Yes but running neutered, butchered P1 cars in 2021 was always just about as bad idea as was the theoretical possibility of running neutered GT1 cars in 2011 GTE-AM

I guess if you are Chris Dyson with cash it might make sense to enter Le Mans next year even with horribly slowed down Ginetta, given it's possible the new out of shelf Toyotas and Glickenhaus might explode with gremlins and give the trophy for best of the rest, but you might just as well achieve the same with Oreca 07. AER's track record is still terrible despite SMP Dallara managing podium last year
We were looking a AER but in the end decided on Pipo.
Endurance test run on 4CYL development engine went very well.
Final 8CYL version will be testing soon.