Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 29 Jul 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3920223)   #241
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe in the future 2 Turkingtons on the BTCC grid ?
Old 29 Jul 2019, 21:17 (Ref:3920313)   #242
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth94 View Post
This may be a slightly controversial post, but I'm actually going to talk about the racing from the weekend (if that's actually allowed in this thread of course...)

2 decent races, interesting to see Lewis Kent struggle a little, and the parity between the TCR and NGTC cars seems to be creating some really interesting battles. Looking good for James Turkington now, a pair of second place finishes at Donington could secure him the title, depending on where they both qualify anyway. Could we see a Turkington claim both the BTCC and TCR UK titles in the same year?
There's a novelty. The word "racing" in a TCR thread. Not something I'd expected... might have to have a look at the footage...
Old 29 Jul 2019, 21:45 (Ref:3920319)   #243
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth94 View Post
This may be a slightly controversial post, but I'm actually going to talk about the racing from the weekend (if that's actually allowed in this thread of course...)

2 decent races, interesting to see Lewis Kent struggle a little, and the parity between the TCR and NGTC cars seems to be creating some really interesting battles. Looking good for James Turkington now, a pair of second place finishes at Donington could secure him the title, depending on where they both qualify anyway. Could we see a Turkington claim both the BTCC and TCR UK titles in the same year?
What races were you watching?

I was at Brands Hatch on Sunday and the TCR 'races' I saw were, predictably, awful. I'm sure anyone who was watching the livestream would agree with me.

Thankfully Formula Ford, Fiestas (senior) and Civic Cup saved the day.
Old 30 Jul 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3920407)   #244
Motormouth94
Rookie

Motormouth94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
What races were you watching?

I was at Brands Hatch on Sunday and the TCR 'races' I saw were, predictably, awful. I'm sure anyone who was watching the livestream would agree with me.

Thankfully Formula Ford, Fiestas (senior) and Civic Cup saved the day.
I was watching the races where, in race 1, 3 different drivers led at one points, the championship leader gained several positions from the back of the grid, only to fall back again in the closing stages, losing a position at the very last corner and also losing the championship lead.

Then, in the second of these "awful" races, I saw the very same driver put in a fantastic drive, pulling off some genuinely strong overtakes, and then engage in a great battle with Henry Neal for second place, with Neal putting in an equally strong defensive drive to hold on to the position. We now have a championship that is likely to go down to the final race of the season, which, regardless of how many cars are involved, will still be an intriguing showdown between two drivers trying to make a name for themselves in Touring Car racing

Were they the most exciting races I've ever witnessed? No. Were they the worst races I've seen? Far from it! In fact, they were far from the least entertaining races that day.

If you don't enjoy it, fair enough, but I no longer see the point in endlessly bad mouthing a series that you clearly don't want to watch anymore anyway. I am not a particularly big fan of formula one, but I don't feel the need to log into an online forum after every race to tell the world how crap it was!