Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 May 2019, 23:33 (Ref:3902524)   #201
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So as expected, this is not an improvement on the previous management. Less than half the TCR cars we had last year.
Old 8 May 2019, 07:51 (Ref:3902563)   #202
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So despite being repeatedly told each year that the BTCC is oversubscribed with plenty of teams/cars/drivers waiting in the wings, when the opportunity to race tin tops at a similar level appears, no-one's interested.
Old 8 May 2019, 07:56 (Ref:3902565)   #203
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
So despite being repeatedly told each year that the BTCC is oversubscribed with plenty of teams/cars/drivers waiting in the wings, when the opportunity to race tin tops at a similar level appears, no-one's interested.
Just because cars/teams/drivers are waiting to enter BTCC, that doesn't mean they are willing to fund an entry elsewhere.
I would imagine for a lot of those teams, it's BTCC or nothing.

TCR/TCT is not a similar level if you compare exposure and public awareness, which is what the backers of those potential entries may be interested in.
Old 8 May 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3902567)   #204
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think there's really an equivalent to the BTCC in the UK right now.
Old 8 May 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3902570)   #205
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Just because cars/teams/drivers are waiting to enter BTCC, that doesn't mean they are willing to fund an entry elsewhere.
I would imagine for a lot of those teams, it's BTCC or nothing.

TCR/TCT is not a similar level if you compare exposure and public awareness, which is what the backers of those potential entries may be interested in.

I was thinking more along the lines of the level of the car. If you're a driver dead set on driving a (full sized) touring car, then surely TCT is the perfect opportunity, or do drivers not really care about what they drive these days so long as it's on the telly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I don't think there's really an equivalent to the BTCC in the UK right now.
I feel like British GT seems to be getting closer now that they have the races streamed (still a way of a full day's live coverage though!)

You'd have thought that TCT must be seen as an opportunity for some, even if it's just a chance to run a season in similar machinery to prepare for a full year in the BTCC and isn't TCT's lack of exposure reflected in reduced running costs (especially for teams with an existing car)?
Old 8 May 2019, 08:18 (Ref:3902572)   #206
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
If you're a driver dead set on driving a (full sized) touring car, then surely TCT is the perfect opportunity, or do drivers not really care about what they drive these days so long as it's on the telly?
Most drivers care about what their backers are willing to fund them driving. The fact that BTCC is televised helps them gain backing.

There are very few (if any) drivers out there who are Touring Car or nothing.
Old 8 May 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3902612)   #207
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so this is further proof that obviously theres no demand in the uk for another series for touring cars. new or old ones.

the uk has got too many racing series already. they need to reduce the amount of them. not increase it.
Old 8 May 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3902627)   #208
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Agreed touring fan.

I am expecting this to disappear into oblivion. At least SL tried and he didn't take the Michael with pricing as per the TCR UK baboons.
Old 8 May 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3902673)   #209
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
This was originally planned to run alongside the VW Cup, as grid filler, then was spun out into it's own stand-alone series. Judging by the entry list, perhaps they should have stuck to the original plan.
Old 11 May 2019, 07:52 (Ref:3903106)   #210
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/robertoaustini/s...894127104?s=21

Sherman's livery. Interesting to note the TCR UK logos on the doors.
Old 11 May 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3903108)   #211
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Touring Car Trophy's Facebook page seems to be running a little more professionally of late, good to see

Noticed in their pics of all the entrants, the Colclaugh/Coates Cupra is in the paddock... late entry?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 11 May 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3903121)   #212
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Henry Neal on pole and top 5 within 2 seconds. Only 6 cars took part in quali with Lewis Kent out of the weekend and James Turkington only missing quali. The top 6 get reversed for race 2 and I reckon even with 7 starters we might not see 6 finishers.
Old 11 May 2019, 10:36 (Ref:3903123)   #213
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Noticed in their pics of all the entrants, the Colclaugh/Coates Cupra is in the paddock... late entry?
Looks that way. TSL Timing have it as a Cupra TCR but in the TCT class?

Lewis Kent is out with engine issues from Friday testing; Darrelle Wilson is nowhere to be seen; so one up and two down.
Old 11 May 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3903130)   #214
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
amusing that henry neal on pole position driving an old btcc car has to carry tcr uk stickers
Old 11 May 2019, 13:46 (Ref:3903145)   #215
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ollie Taylor and Henry Neal had a coming together on the last lap, the trackside comms I streamed from TSL intimated that Henry cleared the armco? Anybody trackside today to confirm?

-- edit. Nope just onto its side.
Old 11 May 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3903147)   #216
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damage to Neals car doesn't look that bad.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6SjukYWkAAlYe_.jpg
Old 11 May 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3903176)   #217
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably doing something wrong if you have the same amount of TCR spec cars as Britcar.
Old 11 May 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3903178)   #218
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Touring Car Trophy's Facebook page seems to be running a little more professionally of late, good to see

I dunno, did you hear the guy doing the grid walk? That was amateurish.
Old 11 May 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3903179)   #219
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the reversed grid plan for Race 2 was abandoned at short notice ahead of the race... Anyone know why?

Sounds hopeless!

Old 12 May 2019, 00:52 (Ref:3903238)   #220
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Ollie Taylor and Henry Neal had a coming together on the last lap, the trackside comms I streamed from TSL intimated that Henry cleared the armco? Anybody trackside today to confirm?

-- edit. Nope just onto its side.
Car didn't clear the armco but turned on it's side and in the process launched some recticell into the Marshalls stood behind the barrier. All ok though i believe.
Old 12 May 2019, 08:40 (Ref:3903268)   #221
redshoes
Veteran

Neal / Taylor crash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WApHh5eWnYQ
Old 12 May 2019, 09:32 (Ref:3903272)   #222
Umai Naa
Veteran

That was a bit ambitious from Mr Neal.
Old 12 May 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3903290)   #223
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The marshal who got whacked with the foam barrier! 😳
Old 12 May 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3903296)   #224
Umai Naa
Veteran

He's a lucky boy.
Old 12 May 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3903369)   #225
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neal was excluded from the race results and got four points on his license for that.

Not sure why he was fighting so hard with a car that is in a different class or are they counting overall results rather than TCT/TCR separately?