Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Mar 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3891374)   #101
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
4th should have been Leclerc's......

This is the question we will continue arguing about after every race for the rest of this season. Who should have been fourth? Very exciting. Will buy my tickets to the race ASAP.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3891375)   #102
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
An early switch onto the slower tyre to cover off Vettel and a large chunk of his floor missing
What caused a large chunk of his floor to go missing?
Old 17 Mar 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3891383)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Woodworm......
Old 17 Mar 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3891388)   #104
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Woodworm......
There's a species of Woodworm that infests carbon fiber?
Old 17 Mar 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3891391)   #105
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What caused a large chunk of his floor to go missing?
We’re still wanting to find out. According to LH, it wasn’t an off track excursion, and on the edited highlights there was no evidence that he went off track. There was a lot of debris from Dan Ric’s front wing incident on the first lap, but apart from that, I can’t remember seeing any more he could have hit.

Isn’t the wearing part of the floor wood, not carbon? In which case, as Ayse says, woodworm....
Old 17 Mar 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3891392)   #106
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
We’re still wanting to find out. According to LH, it wasn’t an off track excursion, and on the edited highlights there was no evidence that he went off track. There was a lot of debris from Dan Ric’s front wing incident on the first lap, but apart from that, I can’t remember seeing any more he could have hit.

Isn’t the wearing part of the floor wood, not carbon? In which case, as Ayse says, woodworm....
I asked because I watched the race live and I didn't see or here anything about floor damage, to Hamilton's car at the time.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3891397)   #107
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
think Ferrari made the right call myself and right call from the new boss. too early in the season to risk team stability. SV was already a tad aggressive/defensive at turn 1 of the race and think they should be happy with a double finish.

Leclerc will have other opportunities and with some extra life saved on this PU he might find a way to convert this into an advantage worth more than just 2 points.

live to fight another day...much like Renault shutting down DR rather than risk finishing on track behind a Williams. heads would have had to roll if they let that happen.

many jobs were saved today!
Old 17 Mar 2019, 19:27 (Ref:3891399)   #108
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I asked because I watched the race live and I didn't see or here anything about floor damage, to Hamilton's car at the time.
I only watched C4 highlights, and the damaged floor was mentioned on that. Probably only came out after the race, but it’s also reported on the BBC Sport website.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3891404)   #109
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I only watched C4 highlights, and the damaged floor was mentioned on that. Probably only came out after the race, but it’s also reported on the BBC Sport website.
I watched post race, up to and including the podium ceremony and interview with Mark Webber, so may have missed any mention of it. I haven's seen the C4 highlights but I should be able to watch them on All 4.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3891435)   #110
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Because the F1 paddock is like a field of sheep?....
Wishful thinking, Armco?
Old 17 Mar 2019, 22:35 (Ref:3891440)   #111
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Bad start by Dan Ricciardo, must be really angry with himself...
Could someone please enlighten me as to why in the NOG Dan moved to Renault?
He's too good to be faffing about mid-field, and quite feisty enough to deal with potential embarrassment at the hands of the Flying Dutchman.
Old 17 Mar 2019, 22:41 (Ref:3891443)   #112
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He’s still talented, but learning at this stage. He certainly has a lot of talent, but so does Max too, but both yet to prove themselves
Old 17 Mar 2019, 23:15 (Ref:3891451)   #113
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
He's too good to be faffing about mid-field, and quite feisty enough to deal with potential embarrassment at the hands of the Flying Dutchman.
NOG? What does that mean?

I think he left because he wasn’t enjoying himself at Red Bull.
Old 18 Mar 2019, 00:41 (Ref:3891463)   #114
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
NOG? What does that mean?

I think he left because he wasn’t enjoying himself at Red Bull.
Name of God?
Old 18 Mar 2019, 01:35 (Ref:3891468)   #115
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That’ll be it, thanks. Although I don’t believe he moved to Renault for any religious reasons.
Old 18 Mar 2019, 01:44 (Ref:3891471)   #116
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The look on the faces of Toto and the other people in the garage when Valteri had fastest time in first Q3 runs were as though Mercedes had just been disqualified from the meeting.
Saw it on the big screen at the track and later thought I must have had faulty eyesight so went back today to check on my recording and was right first time.Was it really so upsetting for them that Valteri was faster than Lewis?
Old 18 Mar 2019, 01:48 (Ref:3891472)   #117
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
The average Q3 gap in qualifying between him and Max last year was the same as the one between Hamilton and Bottas.That was doing no good for his self esteem I guess as well as how he was rated in the paddock.Another 2 years of that and the type of deal he got from Renault would never be on the table.It was time to cash in his chips.
Old 18 Mar 2019, 02:25 (Ref:3891477)   #118
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Max is still getting there though. Let’s see what the season has in store. Danny is in the right place, he just needs things to go right for him
Old 18 Mar 2019, 07:49 (Ref:3891518)   #119
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will just call HAM "Mr. .5s behind" now and assume everytime he says that, Mercedes is in fact .5s behind their own plans and .5s-1s ahead of everyone. Glad Bottas took it, maybe he will manage to take the fight to HAM this year and make this championship at least a challenge within one team.
Old 18 Mar 2019, 09:44 (Ref:3891529)   #120
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I see that GIO also had damage on his car that hampered his race in the Alfa, and Mercedes said that Hamilton had a damaged floor which makes me wonder if these very complex floor designs and all the other myrid of small carbon parts they keep adding are becoming so vulnerable to damage thereby negating the performance gain of having them?
Old 18 Mar 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3891530)   #121
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Leclerc made the right call by asking to have a go at Seb (you dont ask, you don't get right?) and was equally right in taking the team's instruction. It's a bit of a power statement from him though isn't it? The boys in red have confirmed that Seb is number one, but what if some poor misfortune for him results in Leclerc having more points after a few races? It could be interesting to watch the season unfold.
Old 18 Mar 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3891535)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

I think there is nothing stopping Leclerc having a go at Vettel under normal circumstances, but they obviously needed both cars to the finish. I think he's getting quicker and quicker. Vettel may be number 1, but Leclerc can still race him at times. I think we could see Ferrari out of the title fight this season under current form
Old 18 Mar 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3891539)   #123
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"What If" Time.

If Hamilton hadn't pitted early to cover Vettel, and hadn't had the floor damage, he would have been right up with Bottas. And the two Mercs would have been 20 seconds ahead of the competition.

If Vettel hadn't pitted early to try to get the undercut, he may have been able to resist Verstappen and finish third.

If Verstappen hadn't been able to use lots of "party mode" he wouldn't have shown the pace he did, would have probably finished fourth, and Red Bull wouldn't have had the opportunity to have yet another snide dig at Renault. (I'll admit to not being too sure if this one is entirely true, but if it is it might come back to haunt them if the engine doesn't have the longevity they need.)

If Ferrari weren't Ferrari, Leclerc would have easily got past Vettel and might even have threatened Verstappen. (But there would have been some big sulks at the back of the garage afterwards.)

If Ferrari had pitted Leclerc late for a new set of tyres, he could have easily taken the point for fastest lap. Mario Spaghetti said he didn't want to take the risk, but they could have done a nice leisurely safe pitstop and the risk would have been negligible.
Old 18 Mar 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3891542)   #124
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Maybe he meant the risk of Charles chucking it off. Like he did earlier in the race.
Old 18 Mar 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3891552)   #125
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Re floor damage..... Yes, we’re waiting for clarification, if it ever comes, on what the actual damage to LH’s Merc was. It was odd. Hope for a bit more detail when the print race reports come out.....