Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Dec 2022, 17:54 (Ref:4137507)   #1
cmcwilliam
Rookie

cmcwilliam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Licence requirement for LMC

Hi - apologies if this has been asked before, but I have rather lost track of what licence Le Mans Classic requires now? When I did it in 2018 I was on a National Race licence (with the usual automatic starting permissions bit) - but do I now need an International?

Many thanks!
Craig
Old 19 Dec 2022, 13:15 (Ref:4137568)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It appears from last year's entry form that you can enter with a Nat A, the same for the Spa 6hrs, although I realise they are different organisers.
Old 22 Dec 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4137843)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I always got an Int C when I did it. Thought that was the requirement

or Int histrionic super hero which is a new-ish license ��
Old 22 Dec 2022, 14:14 (Ref:4137850)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think most run an Int C, just in case McLaren calls. But there was a system whereby a Nat A would be good for events in Europe. As ever, our MSA UK doesn't appear to tell us whether things have changed.
Old 22 Dec 2022, 15:18 (Ref:4137868)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Dont you think a direct call to PA is worth?
Old 27 Jan 2023, 15:57 (Ref:4141424)   #6
cmcwilliam
Rookie

cmcwilliam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have confirmed a National A (or Race as I think its now called?) is all that's required as it has the necessary endorsement to race overseas.

I might upgrade to International Histrionic Super hero though...
Old 27 Jan 2023, 16:16 (Ref:4141427)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcwilliam View Post
Old 28 Jan 2023, 08:28 (Ref:4141501)   #8
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcwilliam View Post
They have confirmed a National A (or Race as I think its now called?) is all that's required as it has the necessary endorsement to race overseas.

Interesting...I always assumed, and got, an International C for LMC. Does the same apply for other Peter Auto events etc....
Old 28 Jan 2023, 13:35 (Ref:4141520)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hi ALEX. Regulations for the 2023 Sixties Endurance series are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zy5f11f2p...rojet.pdf?dl=0
You can read: "International Grade IT C-D minimum Drivers licence A national highest grade licence will be accepted for entrants racing in their own country providing the licence has been issued by the organising ASN."
Again its worth a phone call. Have fun!