Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Aug 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4068034)   #1
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
WEC 2022 Season

May as well make this now, given the provisional calendar has been announced.

Six races + prologue, running from March to September.

Sebring & Fuji are back on the schedule, the former running as a double-header with IMSA the same weekend.

Provisional 2022 FIA WEC Calendar

12/13 March – Prologue test – Sebring
18 March – 1000 Miles of Sebring
1 May – 6 Hours of Spa Francorchamps
11/12 June – Le Mans 24 Hours
10 July – 6 Hours of Monza
11 September – 6 Hours of Fuji
11 November – 8 Hours of Bahrain

As expected, Portimao gets the boot in place of Sebring.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4068043)   #2
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I’m guessing Brexit has many unintended consequences that we didn’t know about.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 10:57 (Ref:4068051)   #3
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen complaints about no Silverstone, but just guessing, maybe they don't want and/or can afford a round? The WEC is hardly F1 or MotoGP, and doesn't bring in anywhere near the same crowds - if it did, they'd be all over it.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 11:05 (Ref:4068052)   #4
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
I've seen complaints about no Silverstone, but just guessing, maybe they don't want and/or can afford a round? The WEC is hardly F1 or MotoGP, and doesn't bring in anywhere near the same crowds - if it did, they'd be all over it.
I think this is true on both sides - Silverstone and the WEC aren't important enough to each other to overcome whatever obstacles (money, scheduling, logistics, etc.) there were to keeping it on the calendar.

Brexit will have been a factor, but even before then there were persistent rumblings about Silverstone being removed.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4068063)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like the schedule, the Sebring round is a great re-addition and I hope they can finally have a race at Fuji. With Covid cancellations and rain the years prior, I just want some smooth sailing over there!

Any mention of a Le mans test day?
Old 20 Aug 2021, 12:49 (Ref:4068071)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me, it is supremely disappointing that Silverstone isn't on the schedule. Aside from Le Mans, it was always the highlight of my racing year. Still, getting back to LM next year remains the absolute priority....
Old 20 Aug 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4068073)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How very French, the WEC will be powered by wine. Total set to provide 100% renewable fuels for all entries from 2022.

"The new fuel, named “Excellium Racing 100,” is produced from bioethanol made from wine residues from the French agricultural industry and ETBE (Ethyl Tertio Butyl Ether) produced at a refinery near Lyon, France."

https://racer.com/2021/08/20/wec-to-...class-delayed/
Old 20 Aug 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4068085)   #8
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Any mention of a Le mans test day?
No, but assuming we are back in normal times, I would assume June 5th (or possibly May 29th) would be set aside for Test Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well it's settled - save the planet, support the sport, down that French plonk!

Seeing as I don't drink, I'm sure a few others will be willing to do their bit for me
Old 20 Aug 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4068096)   #9
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wonder when Peugeot will join the fray? That’s the big question.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4068142)   #10
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
About what I expected for a schedule. I’m not surprised that Silverstone isn’t included given Brexit.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 21:42 (Ref:4068145)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wooo, Sebring. I have tickets already.
Old 21 Aug 2021, 00:23 (Ref:4068160)   #12
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
How very French, the WEC will be powered by wine. Total set to provide 100% renewable fuels for all entries from 2022.

"The new fuel, named “Excellium Racing 100,” is produced from bioethanol made from wine residues from the French agricultural industry and ETBE (Ethyl Tertio Butyl Ether) produced at a refinery near Lyon, France."

https://racer.com/2021/08/20/wec-to-...class-delayed/
I wonder if the racetrack will smell a certain way

Also, will the top-3 have to drink Excellium Racing 100 on the podium too?

On a serious note, I think this is awesome on just about every level. If green fuels can buy us some more years of vroom-vroom, they're a gift from god (Bacchus in this particular case).
Old 22 Aug 2021, 22:09 (Ref:4069878)   #13
jonny142
Rookie

jonny142 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The WEC site have Spa down for the 7th May ,not the 1st .
lucky i looked as booking days off work .
https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/2022-...-revealed/7132
Old 23 Aug 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4070028)   #14
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
For me, it is supremely disappointing that Silverstone isn't on the schedule.
Hearty recommendation: go to Spa.

Flight from Heathrow to Luxembourg no more than £80 return. Car hire at Luxembourg airport no more than £60 a day. Easy 90min drive from there to circuit. Endless good quality B&Bs nearby. Live on Frites and cheap beer. Watch the world's best cars at the world's most awesome circuit.

Once you've seen WEC at Spa you'll wonder why you ever bothered with Silverstone.
Old 24 Aug 2021, 23:39 (Ref:4070242)   #15
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many Hypercars will we have in 2022?
We know that 2023 is going to be a paradise but nevertheless 2022 is all mystery.
Only the 2 Toyota are confirmed for the full 2022 WEC.
We still do not know in which race the Peugeot will debut.
Glickenhaus has said that he will not be in the Asian rounds this year and may not go to Asia next year either.
The Alpine A480 Gibson, which previously ran as a Rebellion R13, is currently only grandfathered for one season per WEC regulations, which leaves questions over whether an extension will be granted by the FIA and ACO for it to race in the top Hypercar category for an additional year.
Signatech team principal Philippe Sinault has suggested that the team could be forced to revert to a LMP2 program if WEC does not grant them an extension.
Old 25 Aug 2021, 00:17 (Ref:4070245)   #16
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we have to be hopeful of holding station for a year and Toyota getting out in front of everyone.

Maybe Glickenhaus will find a buyer who wants to run a full season with a car hoping for some scraps for race history investment.

Honestly hope Alpine is told no, but betting we'll see them with the R13 again.

ByKolles could show up and...... Sorry I couldn't finish that without laughing, some humor and some sadness that all the work they've done hasn't resulted in much
Old 25 Aug 2021, 12:39 (Ref:4070312)   #17
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
How many Hypercars will we have in 2022?
We know that 2023 is going to be a paradise but nevertheless 2022 is all mystery.
Only the 2 Toyota are confirmed for the full 2022 WEC.
We still do not know in which race the Peugeot will debut.
Glickenhaus has said that he will not be in the Asian rounds this year and may not go to Asia next year either.
The Alpine A480 Gibson, which previously ran as a Rebellion R13, is currently only grandfathered for one season per WEC regulations, which leaves questions over whether an extension will be granted by the FIA and ACO for it to race in the top Hypercar category for an additional year.
Signatech team principal Philippe Sinault has suggested that the team could be forced to revert to a LMP2 program if WEC does not grant them an extension.
Hopefully, Glicks will be there in the non-Asian rounds. That means there'll be some racing at least. While later on Peugeot should pick up the mantle.

To me it looks like Alpine R13 being given an extension to run next year is entirely dependent on the brand committing to LMH/LMDh for 2023.

Based on the above, I expect 2022 to be at least as exciting as this season.
Old 26 Aug 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4070478)   #18
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...e-returns.html

It sure feels UA is gearing up to mount a LMDh campaign starting 2023.
Old 26 Aug 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4070482)   #19
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

I hope all best lmp2 like UA, jota and wrt will make the big step in lmdh soon or later
Old 26 Aug 2021, 20:01 (Ref:4070541)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

Who do you think they could partner with? At least to start with Audi will probably go with WRT, and Penske is doing Porsche. Ferrari and Peugeot are spoken for as well. Could UA be in line for a second Audi team in the future, or possible somebody not committed at this point? Honda, BMW?
Old 26 Aug 2021, 21:37 (Ref:4070556)   #21
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gutted that Britain isn't on the calendar again. The twin homes of sportscars are Le Mans and Britain. Sure, it doesn't get F1 levels of crowds but I believe 40k over the weekend was normal. Very sad. Sort it out, someone.
Old 26 Aug 2021, 21:52 (Ref:4070558)   #22
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Hearty recommendation: go to Spa.

Flight from Heathrow to Luxembourg no more than £80 return. Car hire at Luxembourg airport no more than £60 a day. Easy 90min drive from there to circuit. Endless good quality B&Bs nearby. Live on Frites and cheap beer. Watch the world's best cars at the world's most awesome circuit.

Once you've seen WEC at Spa you'll wonder why you ever bothered with Silverstone.
Well yes, don't get me wrong Francorchamps is fantastic - I've been quite a few times, but selfishly I can get to Silverstone in 25 minutes from home. Next year I've got plans for 2 trips to Le Mans (24hrs and Classic) so a further trip to Francorchamps may well be one trip too many.

Too many races and too much 'work' that gets in the way.
Old 27 Aug 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4070644)   #23
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Who do you think they could partner with? At least to start with Audi will probably go with WRT, and Penske is doing Porsche. Ferrari and Peugeot are spoken for as well. Could UA be in line for a second Audi team in the future, or possible somebody not committed at this point? Honda, BMW?
Would love to see them take on a WEC programme for BMW from their European base. Would be really cool.
Old 27 Aug 2021, 16:20 (Ref:4070674)   #24
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
UA seem to be in a strange place - as much as they are clearly angling for an LMDh/Hypercar slot, their continued expansion suggests they're okay going without for a while.

Let me state the obvious (and probably incorrect) - I wonder if there were some musings about running with McLaren that were shelved pretty early on when it was clear McLaren weren't looking at the moment.
Old 29 Aug 2021, 07:55 (Ref:4070858)   #25
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Maybe its a hint of a future McLaren programme.....with the obvious ties between the two