Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Feb 2001, 09:21 (Ref:61875)   #1
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I was here lamenting the fact I can't get to the BSBs, I figured I might as well bring some cheer to my life and ask who else is going to the first round of the Konica series (yes, I know some of who are going but thought it should be official )?
Old 2 Feb 2001, 16:20 (Ref:61945)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
umm..when is this on then ???

sorry havent kept up to dat with the konica series..to much info to read about the shell series ??
Old 3 Feb 2001, 00:50 (Ref:62087)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's on the 25th of Feb, which is also the real start of many of the State Championships up here in Qld...so they've got no chance of me coming south of the border
Old 3 Feb 2001, 11:55 (Ref:62150)   #4
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Phew...for a moment I thought i had to cancel the event if you were coming
Old 3 Feb 2001, 12:29 (Ref:62167)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ouch

I'd much rather be at QR than be in your company any day hehehe
Old 5 Feb 2001, 11:23 (Ref:62561)   #6
elephino
Veteran

Touche.

When will you be down here for an event?
Old 5 Feb 2001, 11:51 (Ref:62566)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Buggered if i know...have to play it by ear once more...I hope to make Bathurst though.

But heck, I came down to Oran Park and you were too busy watching the grass grow that day to come out to the track...I'm sure if you just told the man at the gate who you work for, they'd let you straight in
Old 5 Feb 2001, 12:30 (Ref:62575)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
bank manager says "NO" to Wakefiled park for me

in fact it seems as if I may have to miss the Oz GP in Melbourneas well....allthough if I give up eating I may be able to make it
Old 5 Feb 2001, 12:46 (Ref:62577)   #9
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what supports are on? I'll try to make it. I always try and support the real race tracks if I can.

I know how you feel Marcus, I'm busy saving for my trip to the UK in Mar/Apr. I'm going to see "JC" kick in F3. I can handle the not eating, it's the not drinking I'm having trouble with.
Old 5 Feb 2001, 13:15 (Ref:62582)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I know at least one support class will be the new-to-national-level Saloon Cars- V6 VN Commdores and EB Falcons etc...a great class.

And i think some of the minor GTP classes might be having a run..
Old 6 Feb 2001, 11:22 (Ref:62838)   #11
elephino
Veteran

I'm not sure what the supports are but if you ring up Wakefield, they should know by now.
Old 6 Feb 2001, 23:30 (Ref:62970)   #12
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, finding out what support races on is very difficult. If one of you guys do ring them up (cos it'll be cheaper than me doing it) then I would like to know the outcome so I can add it to the website. I have found, in England, anyway that the circuit websites are more likely to have the support races info. If you guys have full addresses for the the circuits then i will be happy to write to them.
Old 9 Feb 2001, 11:47 (Ref:63592)   #13
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Won't be going to Wakefield, but I can't wait to the V8 Lites come to Lakeside!
Old 9 Feb 2001, 12:22 (Ref:63596)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Wakefield Supports- Porsche Cup, Saloon Cars, Improved Production, Sport Sedans, Production Sports Cars.

DNQ- Lakeside will rock!

Old 12 Feb 2001, 16:10 (Ref:64380)   #15
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I'll be heading down there - I only live 2 hours away.

Anyone know what time the races start ?

I'm guessing around 10ish ?
Old 13 Feb 2001, 10:06 (Ref:64512)   #16
elephino
Veteran

The racing should start at about 10. I'm aiming to be there by 9 to hopefully find out qualifying positions of any races I might be covering for <plug>Motorsport News</plug>.
Old 13 Feb 2001, 10:51 (Ref:64523)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I went to about 14 race meetings last year and V8 Lites at Lakeside was one of the best.
Old 14 Feb 2001, 01:07 (Ref:64639)   #18
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lakeside seems to really lend itself to close fast action. There were some Commodore Cup races on Speedweek a month or so ago that were just amazing to watch.

The V8 Lites were awesome last year at Lakeside also because of Besnard just absolutely exploding onto the scene.

I hear Wakefield is an excellent spectator track. Anyone been there yet ?
Old 14 Feb 2001, 07:39 (Ref:64662)   #19
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buckshot, you're right, the Lakeside V8 Lites were awesome in 2000 with Besnard and Wakefield battling. This year will be mega! Lakeside is a great track.
Old 14 Feb 2001, 11:31 (Ref:64700)   #20
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Im going to Wakefield.

Buckshot,
It is a great spectator circuit. At the back of the circuit there is a big grssy hill and no matter where you sit you can see the whole circuit. If it is going to be warm bring a tarp or umbrella to sit under. I got crispy fried (ask elephino) at the 2lt round on Australia day weekend.

We will have to organise for everyone to meet somewhere on the day. On the spectator hill there is a couple of new buildings being built, you cant miss them. That is probably a good place to meet. Once we find out the timetable(elephino can you find out through your contacts????? we can organise a time to meet if that sounds good to everyone else.
Old 15 Feb 2001, 10:17 (Ref:64851)   #21
elephino
Veteran

I'm still peeling from the sunburn actually...

I'm still trying to organise an AVESCO pass, so I might end up ringing Wakefield anyway to cover all bases (and they were meant to have sent me a pass already anyway).

The hill is probably a good place to meet up, despite the fact I haven't actually been up there yet. I've always been at either end of the straight which is also quite good. Really every spectator area is good as you can see the whole circuit.
Old 20 Feb 2001, 02:34 (Ref:65664)   #22
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Wakefeild meeting time

I've got a copy of the timetable for the day.
There is a 1/2 hour break before the first v8 race at 11.00am - 11.30am. It is just after the sports sedan race.

If this is a good time and everyone wants to meet let us all know and we will organise an exact time and place

Old 20 Feb 2001, 02:38 (Ref:65665)   #23
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
11:30am sounds great but I've never been there so you guys suggest a meeting point and I'll find it.
Old 21 Feb 2001, 02:55 (Ref:65828)   #24
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Hi guys

There are two new buildings built on the spectator hill near the road that you drive up to the carpark on top of the hill. How about we meet in front of those at about 11.30am.
mtpanorama
Old 21 Feb 2001, 11:15 (Ref:65869)   #25
elephino
Veteran

Sorry guys, I can't make the hill. I'm going to be flat out all day.

V8s for my website (conrod.com.au, can't hurt to advertise ) and the supports for Motorsport News. So if you want to meet me it will have to be either in the paddock area or either of the spectator areas along the straight.

I'll be in a black Mark Webber hat if you see me around anywhere.