Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 20 May 2007, 05:27 (Ref:1917005)   #1
ninoxxx
Rookie

United Kingdom
ninoxxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elva 1957 MK.II 100/40

I'm trying to trace the history of my car and hope that someone out there will be able to fill in some gaps. Info known so far: -

I bought 100/40 in March 2007

Dec 2004 Richard Meyer bought car from the estate of Richard Miller in a fully restored (virtually) state. After having it extensively overhauled competed in severall VSCCA events throughout 2005/6

April 1981 Richard Miller acquired car from Ed Dewell as a restoration project. Fully restored 100/40 - no paint, bare alloy without head fairing

Dec '77 Ed Dewell acquired car from John Stanger with a blown engine

???? John Stanger acquired car from Robert Rubel

Aug '70 Robert Rubel acquired car from Daniel Werner

Aug '66 Daniel Werner aquired car from William Stelcher

1964/5 William Stelcher acquired car from Pat Tomah and competed in severall races in '65/6 - was BRG in colour and ran with a head fairing which it is believed was as it left the factory

So far I have communicated with Ed Dewell and Bill Stelcher. Both of whom claim (independently) that 100/40 was an ex-works car and one of three that ran at Le Mans and Sebring. So far, I have been unable to find any record confirming that any Elva MK.II ran at Le Mans although there was an entry in 1957 (Brow Crim / Tony Palmer-Morewood) but no record of it having competed.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Anthony
Old 21 May 2007, 15:50 (Ref:1918110)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since this request is also on the Elva archive thread, I've moved this to the main forum.