Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Jan 2024, 12:21 (Ref:4193407)   #2526
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Here are he answers to my simple puzzle.

1 Lotus, only rear engine.
2 Morgan, three wheels.
3 Aston Marin, only car with 2 word name.*
4 Talbot, French only non UK make.
5 ERA only one with super-charger. (under the bonnet)
6 Jaguar, named after an animal.*

* I told you only look at the names.

Well played 356, Champion.

Hang on a minute - I'd like to register a complaint! Our neighbour has a cat called Morgan, so surely that's two of them named after an animal?
Old 26 Jan 2024, 12:31 (Ref:4193408)   #2527
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is either a very simple puzzle if you know your F1 history, or a nightmare for members of the Stupido club.
Put these drivers in order.

Note; I only have one answer in mind, but knowing you lot ...
Attached Thumbnails
Brit GP 007.JPG   IMG_0129.JPG   IMG_6630.JPG  

IMG_2581.JPG   Sebastian_Vettel111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.jpeg  
Attached Images

Old 26 Jan 2024, 12:36 (Ref:4193409)   #2528
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Hang on a minute - I'd like to register a complaint! Our neighbour has a cat called Morgan, so surely that's two of them named after an animal?
Your complaint has been entered into the 'Register of Complaints' page 1392.
Please be patient, we are dealing with complaints in the order we receive them, we are on page 12 at the moment.

Management.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 17:08 (Ref:4193440)   #2529
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
In order of what? Where is the beer in my order?
Old 26 Jan 2024, 21:17 (Ref:4193470)   #2530
bauble
Veteran

England
Having lured a few Lurkers out of the woodwork with a nice easy question, now we bring them down to Earth.

What, where, when.
Attached Thumbnails
Derby Msaerati.jpg   img20231217_14450641.jpg  
Old 27 Jan 2024, 08:09 (Ref:4193504)   #2531
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
This is either a very simple puzzle if you know your F1 history, or a nightmare for members of the Stupido club.

I can't make a connection, let alone put them in order. I think you've stumped quite a few with recent ones.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 10:52 (Ref:4193518)   #2532
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can't make a connection, let alone put them in order. I think you've stumped quite a few with recent ones.
Grif, that puzzle has had the most correct answers of anything I have posted recently, and all in very short order (pardon the pun). to help you out let me say;

0 to 5. what?*

*No jokes about "in 30 seconds". Pease Viv
Old 27 Jan 2024, 20:55 (Ref:4193684)   #2533
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Having lured a few Lurkers out of the woodwork with a nice easy question, now we bring them down to Earth.

What, where, when.
Motorsport has certainly come a long way in the last few decades.
Old 27 Jan 2024, 23:00 (Ref:4193716)   #2534
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yay! I got one right!

First & last time however, I suspect, as I haven't got a clue on the latest one.
Old 28 Jan 2024, 08:10 (Ref:4193819)   #2535
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

In what order . I’m at Hong Kong airport got 5 hours spare
Old 28 Jan 2024, 08:14 (Ref:4193820)   #2536
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

What, where, when.
Cristal Palace ?
Old 28 Jan 2024, 08:54 (Ref:4193823)   #2537
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Cristal Palace ?

I would hazard a guess that it was at Snetterton, when they were constructing the bridge to the infield. I can't recollect a bridge at Crystal Palace, although I'm probably wrong; I usually am.
Old 28 Jan 2024, 09:06 (Ref:4193827)   #2538
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Cristal Palace ?
Delta strikes again. More points.

What order? Achievements. One has none.

Our pal Delta, gets around, who knows where he can be found.
Here and there but not for long, from South Island to Hong Kong,
Across the globe round and round, spending money pound by pound,
Now, please don't get me wrong, but we miss him when he's gone.
Why this urge to race and roam, shift yer RRRRs and get on home
Attached Thumbnails
Ducks 112.JPG  
Old 28 Jan 2024, 09:21 (Ref:4193830)   #2539
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Jeepers Bob . Flattered to have a poem . Any chance up updated points table and another quiz. I’ve walked around the airport shops three times now . Getting bored .
Old 28 Jan 2024, 10:41 (Ref:4193839)   #2540
bauble
Veteran

England
Flore Mlistah, dita in Hlomg Klong, ah kwizzzz.

What, where, and when (roughly)

Pictures from various sources/
Attached Thumbnails
02 Gerry Marshall.JPG   08 Crashed MGB in paddock.JPG   01 Warm up lap.JPG  

John Lindsay leads the race.jpeg   Mary's memories 8 Morgan in front. 1980..jpg   Willhire_24_Hour,_1980_1 - Copy.jpg  

Old 28 Jan 2024, 10:55 (Ref:4193841)   #2541
bauble
Veteran

England
Having to work fast to keep Delta occupied, not my best efforts, but must keep him awake.
Tell us what you can about this lot;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0507.JPG   IMG_1919.JPG   Used (3).png  

Used as well (5).png   Used as well (6).png   _MG_0489.jpg  

Old 28 Jan 2024, 10:57 (Ref:4193842)   #2542
bauble
Veteran

England
What are they?
Attached Thumbnails
026.JPG   046.JPG   080.JPG  

125.JPG   IMG_3248.JPG   086.JPG  

Old 28 Jan 2024, 11:27 (Ref:4193848)   #2543
bauble
Veteran

England
Who are they, and who is the Odd-One-Out?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3365.JPG   IMG_3397.JPG   001.jpg  

IMG_3572.JPG   IMG_4677.JPG   IMG_3373.JPG  

Old 28 Jan 2024, 11:44 (Ref:4193851)   #2544
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Me , MG Dave . Percy , Peter Mallet . Well we are all very odd.?
Old 28 Jan 2024, 11:59 (Ref:4193853)   #2545
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Me , MG Dave . Percy , Peter Mallet . Well we are all very odd.?
You missed the famous radio reporter, and the odd one.

The smiley bloke is well known on here.

Hope all of this is helping pass the Chinese time away.

Plenty more for you to be working on.

The dustmen called at a Chinaman's house and asked "Where's your bin"

"I bin Hong Kong"

"No, where's your Wheelie bin?"

"Oh, I weelie bin Hong Kong"

The old ones etc.........
Old 28 Jan 2024, 19:11 (Ref:4194051)   #2546
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Flaming heck - one I think that even I could get right.

It does help when the race event & year are printed on the car numbers and that the event was always held at my local circuit
Old 28 Jan 2024, 20:12 (Ref:4194067)   #2547
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I would hazard a guess that it was at Snetterton, when they were constructing the bridge to the infield. I can't recollect a bridge at Crystal Palace, although I'm probably wrong; I usually am.
As you say 'As usual'
Crystal Palace it is, long time ago, probably early seventies, some from a VSCC meeting, two ERAs and the Derby Maserati. RBS knew all about it (as usual).

Mike. "Endeavour to persevere'

Its the taking part that counts, and there are more puzzles to solve.

Bob.
Old 28 Jan 2024, 20:55 (Ref:4194073)   #2548
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm glad that you said that it was probably in the 70s because I last went to the circuit in the 60s and I could recollect a bridge.
Old 28 Jan 2024, 21:36 (Ref:4194078)   #2549
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The 60s seemed more probable. Definitely the heyday for the circuit
Old 29 Jan 2024, 07:51 (Ref:4194102)   #2550
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Some nice pictures there Baub!
I will PM you my answer...