Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 May 2021, 12:17 (Ref:4048959)   #601
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
They expect now to open with 30 to 50 thousands people. Of course it will depend of the situation!!
Well i am still keeping my fingers crossed at i will be among those 30,000/50,000
Old 1 May 2021, 19:07 (Ref:4049075)   #602
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, I wonder how many of those will be from outside France........?
Old 1 May 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4049077)   #603
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hmmm, I wonder how many of those will be from outside France........?
Has >France managed to vaccinate that many yet?
boy you are a pessimist andrew, have faith we will be there
Old 2 May 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4049137)   #604
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would ACO consider an all-French audience for simplicity do we think?
Old 2 May 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4049140)   #605
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think that would cause even more problems, ACO members only is far more likely
Old 2 May 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4049141)   #606
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
if it is 50k people that might give the ACO a right headache in trying to keep the various stakeholders happy - all the ticket agencies, sponsors and team guests etc, let alone long time members who (quite understandably) would expect to be near the front of the queue.

Hopefully they don't take the opportunity to temper demand by bumping the prices right up.
Old 2 May 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4049151)   #607
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Would ACO consider an all-French audience for simplicity do we think?
If the numbers are as low as 50k, I think that's entirely possible.
Old 2 May 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4049168)   #608
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
How would they do that? passport? french address? letter from mr Marcon confirming you are a french tax payer? too difficult. Easier to limit it to ACO members and guest and less likely to result in ACO being taken to court or forced to pay compensation.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:59 (Ref:4049239)   #609
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I still hold 3 tickets bought end of 2019 for the 2020 edition. I kept them, did not go for refund....hopefully this loyalty will be rewarded...even if we have no ACO membership.
Old 2 May 2021, 17:35 (Ref:4049250)   #610
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I suspect you will get a refund anyway. I think whatever they do, the ACO will start with a clean sheet of paper....
Old 2 May 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4049259)   #611
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If they can have 5,000 fans in a tennis court in June for the latter stages of the French Open, they can have more than 30,000 in a far larger area over two months later.

Just my wishful thinking for the day.
Old 3 May 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4049352)   #612
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can't help but think of that famous quote from Dumb and Dumber. "So you're telling me there's a chance?"
Old 3 May 2021, 13:03 (Ref:4049394)   #613
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...droidApp_Other
Old 3 May 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4049489)   #614
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
seems feasible....
Old 4 May 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4049685)   #615
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
The only announcement the ACO could make for certain until the respective governments confirm events / travel can happen would be to announce there would be no spectators - so the longer they hold out the more chance there is that spectators will be allowed in line with whatever rules the French government impose and for us Brits the UK & French govt allows for travel to France
Old 4 May 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4049696)   #616
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
ATM french gov' will allow foreigners coming from selected countries end of June. All depending on the local situation and virus evolution of course. GPAO at Dijon 4/6 June is confirmed but behind closed doors. By the end of Aug many things can change in either way. Hope you can come and enjoy safely.
Old 5 May 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4049771)   #617
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
With respect to my French friends, with things as they are, my concern is not taking anything to France, but acquiring something while I'm there and bringing it back....
Old 5 May 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4049777)   #618
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Understandable concern… Not all the souvenirs are worth to acquire and bring back. Better stay safe at home.
Old 5 May 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4049783)   #619
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Understandable concern… Not all the souvenirs are worth to acquire and bring back. Better stay safe at home.
Trouble is Gerard, on that basis, I'd never leave my house at all..... It's difficult with only three months to go.... I really want to be there, but I want to have a good LM experience and I wonder just how restrictive any restrictions are likely to be....
Old 5 May 2021, 09:19 (Ref:4049785)   #620
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I was really despondent about the thought of those spectator pens last year. Now I think I'd just be happy to be there regardless.
Old 5 May 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4049787)   #621
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I almost dont leave my flat since Jan 2020 and I'll go racing not before July or better August, when I'm supposed to have had my second jab plus some weeks.
The restrictions are supposed to be less restrictive from June but I feel we are like over 60 M of dummies here!
The situation is improving and the restrictions are soften accordingly, but everything is subject to change or TBC.

If you meet someone saying for sure that the race will be safe for all the spectators, you're listening to a fool or a stupid person imo.
Better stay in your tun and watch Vitré beyond the limen for a while…
Old 10 May 2021, 19:33 (Ref:4050927)   #622
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
for all those that are missing seeing le mans, the track that is, the motogp this Sunday will be covered live by itv4.
Old 11 May 2021, 10:56 (Ref:4051012)   #623
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Bugatti Circuit, not the big one.
Also on Eurosport.
Old 11 May 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4051066)   #624
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes but you can see our campsite as the bikes cut back and leave the main circuit
Old 11 May 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4051078)   #625
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On a similar note, the 2020 highlights were on tv recently and I had to stop watching as the sight of empty stands and banking was too depressing.