Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 Jan 2002, 04:57 (Ref:206119)   #51
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

Budmakesmewiser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey timmy whats going on,i have'nt seen you around in a while.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 02:15 (Ref:206432)   #52
dei3fan
Rookie

United States
Stockbridge Ga.
dei3fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Budmakesmewiser
I know,their is rules in grammar that teach you how to spell things the correct way,but i don't care,when i wan't to write correctly i can do pretty well,but i like the way i spell things,and apparently you guys can understand my writing also to,the english language is the hardest language to learn,Spanish is a good language,i am going to go to college for that stuff,were they really know what they are talking about,i don't like public school were i am smarter than the teachers.

Bud, I could spell and write better than you when I was in fourth grade.English isn't all that hard if you pay attention in class.According to your profile you say you are twenty two years old,by your poor spelling and lousy syntax I'd say you're about twelve so you're either a liar or a retard which is it?Also if you're twenty two,just when do you plan on going to college, when you're thirty! LOL If your IQ were as high as you claim you should already be in college.I would also tell you that book smarts don't measure up to a person with experience and wisdom and a good moral center and no matter how smart you are you can always learn from those older and wiser than you. So why don't you come off your arrogant high horse and join the real world and converse like a human being with some REAL smarts.The only person you're fooling with all that BS is yourself.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 14:06 (Ref:206500)   #53
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sissy Boy Bud
hey timmy whats going on,i have'nt seen you around in a while.
You've noticed I haven't been around, eh? That's because you're still here. When the administrators of this forum band you, maybe then I'll be a more frequent visitor to this forum. But as it is, with you always showing how obnoxious, and arrogant you are, and everyone that comes to this forum that I consider friends (that doesn't include you, by the way) also frequents other forums that you don't, I have no desire to post here as a general rule. That means we can carry on intelligent conversations, and there's less you. See how that works?

Last edited by Joe Fan; 30 Jan 2002 at 16:01.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 14:30 (Ref:206509)   #54
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is the Baron?
Old 30 Jan 2002, 15:58 (Ref:206547)   #55
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim B
When the administrators of this forum band you, maybe then I'll be a more frequent visitor to this forum.
Tim, part of the new layout is a new feature called the "Ignore List" where you can add certain posters names to your list and you will not see their posts. This is really more effective than a ban in my opinion because there is nothing more disheartening that someone not reading and responding to your posts.

Just go to the "members" icon above, click on "control panel" and over to the right is "edit ignore list." Just click on that add any poster's names that you do not wish to view posts from.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 30 Jan 2002 at 16:06.
Old 30 Jan 2002, 21:17 (Ref:206940)   #56
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin
Where is the Baron?

New improved enema method

Old 31 Jan 2002, 00:54 (Ref:207052)   #57
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Fan
Tim, part of the new layout is a new feature called the "Ignore List" where you can add certain posters names to your list and you will not see their posts. This is really more effective than a ban in my opinion because there is nothing more disheartening that someone not reading and responding to your posts.
The "Ignore List" is not new, it was there all along. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. Problems must be dealt with. Not dealing with them makes things worse, and that is what you have with this kid. A problem that was not dealt with, and it has gotten out of hand.

It would appear to me that you most likely are not familiar with the posted Forum Rules either. In these Forum Rules, under What behaviour is expected of me?, which I assume were written by Craig, it states (edited for relevancy): We take a very dim view of 'trolls' who come here simply to disrupt the forum, either by flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in pretty much every posting they make, or by intentionally posting something which they know will is against our forum rules or which is intended to start a flame war. If you wish to cause discontent amongst your fellow posters, please go elswhere and find another place to hang out.

It goes on to say: Failure to adhere to any of these rules, or which goes anything else posted on this page, will be dealt with on a similar basis to a football referee:

A verbal warning will usually be offered first.
A yellow card will follow if you persist and your name will be noted.
Two yellow cards (or a major naughty) will result in you being shown a red card.

Being shown a red card will mean that your username and IP address(es) will be banned forthwith from posting on this forum. We have a duty to all of our members to ensure that this is a pleasant place to post, and if someone persists on breaking the above rules, we are left with no alternative but to remove their posting rights.

I know of a dozen or more verbal warnings, but since nothing further was done, it only demonstrated to Bud that nothing would be done, so he continues to disrupt this forum, brag, act like a spoiled child, make statements that he knows full well will "cause discontent", misrepresent himself (notice how polite I am being here), and insult people at every turn. When he gets verbally warned, he doesn't stop doing whatever he is being warned about, he steps it up.

I suggest you to take the time to review all of his posts. Here are a few things to look for. How many were productive vs. how many were not? How many times has he insulted the moderators of this forum? How many times has he warned not to insult people, and continued to do so?

Since you don't seem to be inclined to do anything about this, when there have been numerous violations of the Forum Rules, perhaps it's time for me to move on. As I said, there are other forums that my friends go to. But I have to say I find your lack of concern for these rules just as, if not more, disturbing as his.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 01:22 (Ref:207066)   #58
dei3fan
Rookie

United States
Stockbridge Ga.
dei3fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Tend to agree with Tim B.If the posted rules of the forum arent enforced they will soon become entirely useless.Why should the entire rest of the members be ignored in order to placate one malcontent?

Just look at Buds most recent new threads. Nothing to do with racing,It's all about him and what is going on in that warped little head of his.One thread about his imaginations on a treadmill and another about what he will do when he owns his own racing series.When I came here tonight there were four threads at the top of the list,three besides this one, all started by bud with no real substantive content.

I just this past week came back here after a long absence hoping it would be the same friendly imformative place I knew it to be a few months back without flaming and harrassing trolls.even before Tims post I was considering leaving again for good.why would I want to stay if this is going to be all bud all the time forum?

I suggest you guys reread your own rules and decide if they will be enforced or not. Like Tim,there are other places I can be.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 02:23 (Ref:207081)   #59
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

dei3fan i am 16 i just put that,just marked it,haven't you noticed how i spell one word won way and in the same sentence i spell the same word differently,i was allowed to do home school because i had a higher I.Q than most people,i am going to go to college for alot of things,i don't think i will take psychology,it seems to me through proof of all of you that i am pretty good at that.Timmy don't take things so to hart,but if you ever talk to me like that agian i will screw with your head like you could never imagine,but of course you didn't read that you have already clicked the ignore button have'nt you,you disliking me so much and everything.I hope that is not all that you find wronge with my grammer now is it?This was suposed to be sent at 3.00 western time today but i don't know what happened,Remember Tim that when you are popular you kind of get away with things.This makes people stronger,and littier.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 02:29 (Ref:207084)   #60
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Bud I thought they had special schools for people with high IQs ?
Old 31 Jan 2002, 02:33 (Ref:207086)   #61
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

I didn't want to go,i had a choice.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 02:41 (Ref:207090)   #62
The Beer Baron
Veteran

So Bud what do you really want be in a few years?
Old 31 Jan 2002, 02:50 (Ref:207094)   #63
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

i am going to go to college for alot of things,maybe even medical,i am going to make many cures for abnormalties,even epilepsy,maybe rosie will forgive me for all that i said.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 04:25 (Ref:207115)   #64
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Budmakesmewiser
dei3fan i am 16 i just put that,just marked it,haven't you noticed how i spell one word won way and in the same sentence i spell the same word differently,i was allowed to do home school because i had a higher I.Q than most people,i am going to go to college for alot of things,i don't think i will take psychology,it seems to me through proof of all of you that i am pretty good at that.Timmy don't take things so to hart,but if you ever talk to me like that agian i will screw with your head like you could never imagine,but of course you didn't read that you have already clicked the ignore button have'nt you,you disliking me so much and everything.I hope that is not all that you find wronge with my grammer now is it?This was suposed to be sent at 3.00 western time today but i don't know what happened,Remember Tim that when you are popular you kind of get away with things.This makes people stronger,and littier.
ANY kid can be home schooled. You don't have to be smarter. It's really not the schooling- it's the kid. Some will excell- others won't. What you are lacking in are social skills. Or classes called LIFE SKILLS & all public school children HAVE to pass them. You don't get out of Jr High without them.

Timmy don't take things so to hart,but if you ever talk to me like that agian i will screw with your head like you could never imagine,
This is a threat.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 04:53 (Ref:207128)   #65
Dr. Austin
Veteran

OK, all together now, hit the ignore button and be done with it. Or we can keep going in useless circles slagging and counter slagging. Or is that what everyone wants?
Attached Thumbnails
merlin07.jpg  
Old 31 Jan 2002, 05:01 (Ref:207133)   #66
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't
I'm supposed to read them all.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 05:13 (Ref:207137)   #67
The Beer Baron
Veteran

I'll get the C-4
Old 31 Jan 2002, 05:22 (Ref:207143)   #68
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Careful, Baron. This one is really inpactured. this might just require surgery first. Novicane, please........
Attached Thumbnails
say ahhhhhhh.jpg  
Old 31 Jan 2002, 06:01 (Ref:207155)   #69
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim B

The "Ignore List" is not new, it was there all along. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. Problems must be dealt with. Not dealing with them makes things worse, and that is what you have with this kid. A problem that was not dealt with, and it has gotten out of hand.

It would appear to me that you most likely are not familiar with the posted Forum Rules either. In these Forum Rules, under What behaviour is expected of me?, which I assume were written by Craig, it states (edited for relevancy): We take a very dim view of 'trolls' who come here simply to disrupt the forum, either by flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in pretty much every posting they make, or by intentionally posting something which they know will is against our forum rules or which is intended to start a flame war. If you wish to cause discontent amongst your fellow posters, please go elswhere and find another place to hang out.

It goes on to say: Failure to adhere to any of these rules, or which goes anything else posted on this page, will be dealt with on a similar basis to a football referee:

A verbal warning will usually be offered first.
A yellow card will follow if you persist and your name will be noted.
Two yellow cards (or a major naughty) will result in you being shown a red card.

Being shown a red card will mean that your username and IP address(es) will be banned forthwith from posting on this forum. We have a duty to all of our members to ensure that this is a pleasant place to post, and if someone persists on breaking the above rules, we are left with no alternative but to remove their posting rights.

I know of a dozen or more verbal warnings, but since nothing further was done, it only demonstrated to Bud that nothing would be done, so he continues to disrupt this forum, brag, act like a spoiled child, make statements that he knows full well will "cause discontent", misrepresent himself (notice how polite I am being here), and insult people at every turn. When he gets verbally warned, he doesn't stop doing whatever he is being warned about, he steps it up.

I suggest you to take the time to review all of his posts. Here are a few things to look for. How many were productive vs. how many were not? How many times has he insulted the moderators of this forum? How many times has he warned not to insult people, and continued to do so?

Since you don't seem to be inclined to do anything about this, when there have been numerous violations of the Forum Rules, perhaps it's time for me to move on. As I said, there are other forums that my friends go to. But I have to say I find your lack of concern for these rules just as, if not more, disturbing as his.
Tim, just because it doesn't appear that I have done anything on this matter doesn't mean that I haven't. I don't think anyone's behavior here merits a ban. I feel that bans should be made in extreme cases, where it is obvious that a poster intention is not to discuss stock car racing but to rile up posters. I edit out most of the insults thrown about and if it appears to be a continual unprompted problem with a certain poster(s), then I will have no problem issing a ban. On some other forums that I participate, I have been egged on and insulted much worse than anyone here has been and nothing was ever done by the moderators. And I never once complained to them because I feel that unless someone is lieing about me or attempting to defame my character, then it is pure BS of little relevance in my daily life.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 31 Jan 2002 at 07:50.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 08:01 (Ref:207200)   #70
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Fan
...I feel that unless someone is lieing about me or attempting to defamate my character, then it is pure BS of little relevance in my daily life.
So in other words, if it doesn't bother you, you don't care?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sissy Boy Bud
Timmy don't take things so to hart,but if you ever talk to me like that agian i will screw with your head like you could never imagine...
Oh no! The big bad adolescent boy child is threatening me! Now I am scared.

You're going to screw with my head like I could never imagine, huh? Well, let me tell you something, little man. I survived for 2 years in the jungle with people shooting at me. I've watched my friends die. I have seen people locked in cages, with no food, water, or medical treatment. I have seen people being tortured by communists. I have lived in places that rats wouldn't go. And you think an idle threat from a punk like you scares me? Not in your wildest dreams, boy. What on earth could possibly do to screw with my head?

Something I always tell people when they start fights with me is "I can be your best friend or your worst enemy. The choice is yours." So far, you have choosen poorly. Very poorly.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 11:13 (Ref:207254)   #71
Joe Fan
Veteran

Tim, no I do care it is just that I am not going to shot a mouse with an elephant gun or have someone dictate to me who gets to be in the "club" because this is not a club. It is a public forum. I have issued warnings and the warnings still stand. And this also means not attempting to stir up the pot again by calling someone Sissy Boy. Just so you know, I haven't received any complaints in a month, so they must have done some good. I can assure you that on most bulletin boards I have participated on, bans are an extremely rare event.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 31 Jan 2002 at 11:28.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 15:44 (Ref:207444)   #72
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Joe Fan,

When I first signed up here two years ago, I posted maybe 50 or 60 times. I noticed then that there were a few people that went a little overboard about certain things, but I didn't really think that much of it at the time. People on message boards are like that sometimes.

Then I said something to someone that they appearently didn't like, and that person sent a threatening email to me with a virus in it, which since I was not quite as security minded as I am today, infected my computer and promptly destroyed it. I was pretty ticked off about that.

Even though the person didn't identify themselves, they did quote what I had said at the time, and since this was the only racing forum I was a member of at the time, I knew for a fact that this person was from here. After I had to spend over $500.00 to fix my computer, I did not come back here for over a year.

Then one day I got an email from Craig inviting me to return. I wrote back to him and explained why I had no intention to come here anymore. He replied that was sorry for what happened, and that he had gotten rid of a few troublemakers, and we wrote back and forth a few times. He assured me that there wouldn't be any further problems, that troublemakers were going to be banned. He said to let him know if there were any problems. So since discussing racing is one of my favorite passtimes, I came back.

Everything was fine until the day Bud joined, and since the first day he was here he has been a troublemaker. I don't need to tell you about all the things he's done, you would have to be blind to not see it for yourself. I could have complained to you, or Lee, or even Craig, but I didn't. As usual for me, I just replied in kind. But instead of getting rid of the obvious problem poster, you edited my posts, which I gotta say, made me lose respect for you. If the rules that are posted here don't actually mean anything, why have them?

But just so you know, I wasn't dictating to you how to do anything. I am a moderator and administrator on a few boards myself. Message boards are communities, and I think that mods and admins are sort of like the community police. Their function is to keep the peace, to ensure a pleasant experience for all members. The way I see it, if there is someone who does what Bud does, and it gets the kind of response that his actions have from so many people here, that it is a problem. If you don't want to fix that problem, that is up to you.

After the last threat I received from here cost me over $500.00, I am not too pleased about getting any kind of threats, and I really feel I should probably take that up with Craig, but I won't. Instead, if this continues I will just leave the problems behind and go elsewhere. My experience here has not been all that pleasant anyway.

Incidently, the first time he called me Timmy, I asked him not to call me that. The next time, rather than get mad about it, I told him that only little girls and sissy boys call me that. That was my way of saying I am not a child, so don't call me that. But it didn't stop him, and he now does it every time he addresses me. He says he isn't a girl, so what's left? So when he calls me Timmy, I call him Sissy Boy. If he doesn't like it, he can call me Tim.

Not to mention, if he was a respectful person and didn't insult people all the time, maybe other people, myself included, would not be so quick to insult him in return. You get what you give.
Old 1 Feb 2002, 00:16 (Ref:207916)   #73
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

Watched your friends die in war,well Tim that is nice of you to report,you know if more people were like me and my great Grandpa instead of people like you,we would not have "war actions" like 9-11-2001,a little advice,when someone tells you to serve your country,ask who serves myself,don't go to war,that is a place where they will mess with you almost as bad as i could do.Don't worry about your computer,that was a joke,not a threat,i am not into that type of stuff,Tim it is.
Old 1 Feb 2002, 00:51 (Ref:207940)   #74
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Oh, excuse the hell out of me! I thought I was at 10/10th racing forum, but I see I've stumbled on the, well, something else.

Dr. Baron, it is definately time for a few enemas around here.
Old 1 Feb 2002, 00:56 (Ref:207941)   #75
The Beer Baron
Veteran

I wonder why we get so worked up over someone who has NOTHING to contribute but cause trouble and annoy people on this forum, the sooner we ignore him the sooner he leaves,

The highlight of his day is to come here and cause trouble, he hasn't posted anything worthwhile since he joined, but attack forum members!