Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Apr 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1288722)   #51
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I listened to the last programme in Canada, so its great to be able to keep up with all the BTCC news and interviews. Shame you didnt get hold of James though

Top Programme Alan, really enjoy it

Last edited by andy_b; 27 Apr 2005 at 17:36.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1288750)   #52
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Alan Hyde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mattie and I.......

.....are humbled by the response to our little prog......thank you so much everybody! Canada - wow!!! Very happy about this! If you knew what it took to get this station and this show to air, you'd realise how chuffed to pieces I am when people say nice things about it! Thank you all!

I have news.....

Without question the most requested driver to come on to the show is Anthony Reid. I alluded on the show last night to the fact that we could get him on in the near future - this was based on nothing other than the fact that I knew he would be happy to do it ‘cos he’s a top bloke - we even did some stuff with Anthony last year on talkSPORT, on Ian Collins' show, and he came down as soon as I mentioned it to him!

I called Anthony today, and I asked if he would be happy to do a phone interview with us on TTT. Not only was he happy to come on the show, but he flatly refused to do it on the phone, and insisted that he travels down to the studio here in London to be with us for a whole two hour show! Mega support we are getting from drivers for this show and I am so grateful!

So, the format of the show that night will be different - your calls on air to Anthony, your emails. We will switch the format of the shows around as the year goes on, and this one, if you like, is the first of our "specials".

Oh yeah....the date.....all things being well 8.00pm on Tuesday 17th May 2005! So pretty soon!

Thanks to Anthony, thanks to all of the drivers, and thanks to all of you, it looks like Tin Top Tuesday should be here to stay!

Thank you all again!

Al
Old 27 Apr 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1288926)   #53
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be listening Al, as Reidy is top guy and is also top value when ever you hear him interviewed. In TTT is becoming a regular listening habit for me on a Tuesday evening, keep up the good work.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1289732)   #54
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Hi Alan,

Lived in the UK until March and grew up with tin-tops supporting various drivers and teams, some even sporting my liveries. It was pretty much the biggest negaitive of moving to Vancouver (+ you can add they cancelled the IndyCar race here now!), so your show is a great resource!
Old 6 May 2005, 22:11 (Ref:1294713)   #55
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
Hi Alan,

Lived in the UK until March and grew up with tin-tops supporting various drivers and teams, some even sporting my liveries. It was pretty much the biggest negaitive of moving to Vancouver (+ you can add they cancelled the IndyCar race here now!), so your show is a great resource!
Can't help you with the BTCC but I do know that WTCC is beingh sold to Speed... complete with my own dul(l)cet tones...

So, good AND bad news there !

Do you get Speed in lovely Vancouver?

And do they want Bryan Adams back? PLEASE.....
Old 7 May 2005, 00:23 (Ref:1294755)   #56
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
Can't help you with the BTCC but I do know that WTCC is beingh sold to Speed... complete with my own dul(l)cet tones...

So, good AND bad news there !

Do you get Speed in lovely Vancouver?
The answer is also a good/bad one. The good part is the fact you can subscribe to Speed in Vancouver and all of Canada basically.

The bad news is that Speed broadcasts the BTCC/WTCC/DTM/JGTC races during the winter/offseason which is Dec-Feb. In other words, the championship has been decided and it's already been long talked/debated about already on this bb already. During the regular year, the channel largely shows 80% Nascar and 20% motorcyles/rally/World challenge coverage.

That's why, I would appreciate it if someone could put the Eurosport or english language coverage onto the net for us North Americans to watch!
Old 7 May 2005, 00:26 (Ref:1294756)   #57
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has a simple archive of the show been setup where I can download it later as an MP3 file? It's kinda hard to listen to it live due to the timezone difference.
Old 10 May 2005, 10:37 (Ref:1297394)   #58
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow
Has a simple archive of the show been setup where I can download it later as an MP3 file? It's kinda hard to listen to it live due to the timezone difference.
.........I shall ask those that sit 40cms from the screen as to whether that is possible!

Al
Old 10 May 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1297398)   #59
E. Becclestone
Racer

E. Becclestone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's on tonight Al?
Old 10 May 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1297767)   #60
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
actually , if there is any chance of downloading old archive shows if Tin Top Tuesday , i would be very happy . I only found out about it last week . Its a great show , am listening now tonights show live .

Great stuff indeed Alan !
Old 10 May 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1297775)   #61
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its really good is'nt it. Muller interesting, Plato very interesting - especially the "hes got no mates" bit!! Sahme theres not more BTCC cars for them to talk about. How about something on sportscars, they got roofs!
Old 10 May 2005, 20:31 (Ref:1297788)   #62
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
excellent listening to Alan Partridge, sorry Hyde and a nice plug for SEATCupra.net as well It really is fantastic keeping up to date with BTCC and WTCC from here in Canada. Just a shame I have to wait until the end of the year to actually see any coverage
Old 10 May 2005, 20:33 (Ref:1297790)   #63
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
btw - there is now a Autosport Radio show on Wednesdays or Thursdays

andy
Old 10 May 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1297808)   #64
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another good show tonight Al, really looking forward to Reidy next week.
Old 10 May 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1297810)   #65
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh and the guys with the Lexus - I assumed they were just the old Lexus from a few years back warmed over. Serious hard work for those guys by the sounds of things.
All in all a very good programme.
Old 11 May 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1298265)   #66
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Thanks!

Everyone for your kind words!

Andy I am concocting a reply to your mail as we speak - I was away all last week at The Badminton Horse Trials which was why I haven't replied before now or been on here sooner - sorry!

I'm so pleased you guys are enjoying the show - it makes it all worthwhile!

Al
Old 11 May 2005, 17:40 (Ref:1298498)   #67
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hyde
- I was away all last week at The Badminton Horse Trials
Al

Did they find them guilty then? I think its a shame when our equine friends who have taken the time and effort to learn a bat and shuttlecock game get prosecuted for it. So are you moonlighting from your court reporters job when you host the show?
Old 12 May 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1299395)   #68
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
So are you moonlighting from your court reporters job when you host the show?
I was the radio on air studio producer - and even got myself a pair of Cheap Sunglasses into the deal..........
Old 12 May 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1299396)   #69
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
So are you moonlighting from your court reporters job when you host the show?
I was the radio on air studio producer - and even got myself a pair of Cheap Sunglasses into the deal..........
Old 16 May 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1302337)   #70
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Don't forget!!!!

Anthony Reid is live in the studio tomorrow night from 8pm!

Different format tomorrow - your calls, emails and a couple of drivers on the line - but mainly, AR stuff!

I hope it goes ok - I'm relying on you lot!

Al
Old 16 May 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1302381)   #71
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right I definitely can't miss this, Tuesday 8pm, Tuesday 8pm, Tuesday 8pm....

..better just stick a note on my computer screen..
Old 16 May 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1302383)   #72
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hyde
Back of the net!
Old 16 May 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1302390)   #73
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Right I definitely can't miss this, Tuesday 8pm, Tuesday 8pm, Tuesday 8pm....

..better just stick a note on my computer screen..
Gotta get you on one of those courses that teaches you how to use the calendar.

My problem is remembering to be at my computer screen in the first place...thankfully there's a zillion repeats for that one occassion when I did.

(I still can't argue too well that using the TV to watch the radio is a good idea yet!)
Old 17 May 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1303183)   #74
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sitting in the conservatory , lovely evening ...doors open , Having a glass of Whiskey ...Tin Top Tuesay live on the tv ( sky chan 907 )

ahh ,Im in HEAVEN !
Old 17 May 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1303189)   #75
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
and Mr Reid is on....