Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Sep 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3926346)   #101
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
That's fine - each to their own. Can you be certain though that no one else has a problem, or just that you are not aware of anyone?

I'm just of the mindset that, historically there has been no need to refer to it as a yellow card so why start doing so now?

I don't see any mention in the press report that it is going to be referred to as a yellow card. This is what Masi is quoted as saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masi
“One of the reasons I haven’t used it to date was trying to find out off as many of them why it stopped being used, and no one can come up with a valid reason. It’s one of the flags that exist in the code. Every single sporting director and every single driver is supportive of the use of it. It’s effectively the motorsport version of a yellow card.
(My bold and underlining)

And then is quoted as saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masi
The flag could be used for “a range of [things]”, said Masi. “Squeezing drivers, moving under brakes, all those types of things. But we see it effectively as motorsport’s version of a yellow car, to put it in football terms.”
Old 7 Sep 2019, 13:51 (Ref:3926353)   #102
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I don't see any mention in the press report that it is going to be referred to as a yellow card.
Agreed - it seems to be just within this forum that it has been referred to as being an 'official yellow card'.
Old 7 Sep 2019, 14:04 (Ref:3926356)   #103
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*wanders in. Looks around, ah this must be pedant's corner. Wanders out again.*
Old 7 Sep 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3926369)   #104
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
*wanders in. Looks around, ah this must be pedant's corner. Wanders out again.*
True fans only allowed in pedants' corner.