Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History > Historic Image Archive

Old 31 Jan 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3019345)   #1
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BMW 633 Donington Incident Vehicle late 70s

After I retired from active racing, I used to spend my weekends driving this car. Lots of fun. This would have been in the late seventies. The boot contained two huge tubs, lightwater and foam. I had a doctor in the passenger seat, sometimes a marshall would come along. Anyone remember it?
Looks like something out of "Ghostbusters" doesn't it.
Attached Thumbnails
MY INCIDENT VEHICLE DRIVE DONNINGTON.jpg  
Old 31 Jan 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3019435)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Assuming it wasn't your everyday vehicle (and nothing at all like a modified Anglia!) How did she go compared to your regular transport
Old 1 Feb 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3019898)   #3
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How did she go? Well, if I am to be completely honest matey, without all that weight in the boot she would have been very quick, but with all that slopping about behind us, really a handful! I could be up amongst the back row without much trouble ( I never did of course....) and once wound up, it was great fun, but coming into REDGATE!!!!! Ha,ha.
Very happy days indeed though.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3019942)   #4
Baby Boomer
Rookie

Baby Boomer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember the Safety Car/Course Car ending up in the Gravel when the Irish Formula Atlantics were there one year....I don't remember the details though
Old 2 Feb 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3020233)   #5
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Yeah, you already know that it was me don't you? Too much into Craner, down the hill, too much weight in back, and round she went....fortunately, I kept the engine running, and we drove through it! Imagine the embarrasement, had we had to be towed out!