Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 8 Mar 2016, 12:23 (Ref:3621189)   #1
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Hipperson's book

Fellow Ten Tenths member, good friend ex Club race driver and charity fund raiser Michael Hipperson has, as many of you will know, been writing his own car and motor sport themed book over the past few years. I have nothing to do with any of it but I feel able to bring it to your attention for two reasons. I hope you don't mind.
Many of us feel we have a book on motoring or motor sport we could write, but are put off doing anything because of the dire warning from authors that it is very difficult to get a publisher to take up anything on this subject because the market is so small and the competition great.
The costs we are told as such that you are most likely to make nothing at all from years of labour - more likely lose money.
Despite all this Michael has done it - and he has self published and had the book printed in UK.
The proceeds will go to the charity Michael has worked tirelessly on behalf of, with garden parties evening talks at Silverstone BRDC suite charity auctions and much more for :-
The Little Havens Childrens Hospice for terminally ill small childen - a wonderfully good cause.
So here are the details - I will certainly buy one I hope many of you will support it too. Having just seen a small sample I think it is a great read with a forward by Jim Clark's most famous Lotus mechanic Cedric Selzer.
Incidental Michael tells me he will be happy to give pointers to any of you thinking of writing your own books in this way.

Hi all!

A long time in the making but I have written a book about my life with cars covering the twenty years 1965-1985

LAUNCH DATE APRIL 24

I was fortunate to have owned cars that were pretty special then but a lot of them have become iconic with stratospheric price tags!

Within the 34,000 words and masses of photographs are tales of motoring fun and laughter not now possible in our now crazy PC world.

It is a charity project the profits of which, ( I hope there are some) will benefit Little Havens Hospice

Please check on the new website and facebook page which go live tonight. These have been created by our own James Thorburn without whom they would not have happened!

http://letthemstare.co.uk/

https://www.facebook...tthemstarecars/

You can pre- order now to be posted on publication date via paypal on the above website it could not be easier with a single click.

It is a great cause a fascinating story and a mass of photographs from Michael life and times told in cars along the way. Do go and have a look at the details on the above website.