Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Mar 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3622358)   #1
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Electric GT series

http://www.motorsport.com/gt/news/wo...unched-678448/

Very ambitious to be racing all over the globe. One date in America, California anybody???
Old 12 Mar 2016, 22:05 (Ref:3622392)   #2
BrentJackson
Racer

Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll believe this when it hits the track, but I do find the fact that people want to race the sorts of cars we'll all be driving in the future encouraging.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 23:29 (Ref:3622403)   #3
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too. I really enjoyed the FIMs electric motorcycle series in person. Best of luck for this series to take off. One off events like Pikes Peak are growing with electric entrants
Old 13 Mar 2016, 17:35 (Ref:3622515)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Absolutly not interested ..... electric sportscar racing ..... belongs under a christmas tree .
Old 13 Mar 2016, 20:53 (Ref:3622561)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I'm struggling to get excited at the prospect too - but I'm realistic enough to appreciate that we're looking at the (near) future. Maybe by the time wholly electric cars (I nearly wrote Scalextric cars - Freudian slip (we probably won't need drivers in them soon either)... ) are dominating, I'll be too old and decrepit to go and watch......
Old 13 Mar 2016, 21:35 (Ref:3622570)   #6
YZFrider
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep, I'm struggling to get excited at the prospect too - but I'm realistic enough to appreciate that we're looking at the (near) future. Maybe by the time wholly electric cars (I nearly wrote Scalextric cars - Freudian slip (we probably won't need drivers in them soon either)... ) are dominating, I'll be too old and decrepit to go and watch......
Not just the future of the automobile, but a new beginning of wide possibilities. We know these days there seems to be plague of going down the path of spec racing cars - be it engines or other. Looking this year at Formula E, where the powertrains were opened up. You could have more than one electric motor, single gears, multi gears, maybe even motor in hub arrangements. From a purley performance perspective I know from RC cars of gas vs electric, electric is just better.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 21:56 (Ref:3622573)   #7
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If more than Tesla are involved, I'll watch. No interest in that company and using that man's name. He stood for free energy. 'Tesla' is anything but being $100k+. And 2-ton barges are not what I think makes a good race car (but Bentley proved that wrong...).
Old 14 Mar 2016, 04:27 (Ref:3622616)   #8
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another world wide series - with no FIA involvement???

Sounds more like a cheap copy&paste of the formula E idea
Does somebody know the motorsport-background of the people involved?
Old 14 Mar 2016, 11:11 (Ref:3622659)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'd like to see electric rallycross supporting Formula E.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3622696)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meh... I'm more interested in the AI racing series implementations
Old 14 Mar 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3622768)   #11
Madkart
Rookie

Puerto Rico
Greenville, South Carolina
Madkart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol
Old 14 Mar 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3622769)   #12
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As long as there is no hashtag fan boost, swapping car and zoomy noises over the speakers nonsense. I'd like a grown up all electric racing series to properly judge it. The model S is a nice car too.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 18:46 (Ref:3622772)   #13
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
If more than Tesla are involved, I'll watch. No interest in that company and using that man's name. He stood for free energy. 'Tesla' is anything but being $100k+. And 2-ton barges are not what I think makes a good race car (but Bentley proved that wrong...).
You've to start somewhere with the free energy (solar...), and given these $100k cars still make a loss, it shows how far we are from having that in a useable technology. But somebody has to get the ball rolling on it, and like SpaceX, Musk is the man to do it.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 22:08 (Ref:3622827)   #14
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
Another world wide series - with no FIA involvement???

Sounds more like a cheap copy&paste of the formula E idea
Does somebody know the motorsport-background of the people involved?
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...t-world-series

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'd like to see electric rallycross supporting Formula E.
Maybe SST style things would work better, but yes please.