Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Jan 2007, 11:59 (Ref:1817408)   #51
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there still a posability of Konrad doing the ALMS...thought a while back it was on the cards for them to bring a car for the whole season...or was I just dreaming?
Old 17 Jan 2007, 12:04 (Ref:1817414)   #52
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo
Is there still a posability of Konrad doing the ALMS...thought a while back it was on the cards for them to bring a car for the whole season...or was I just dreaming?
If they do, I believe it will be in GT2.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 12:30 (Ref:1817434)   #53
911 GT1
Racer

Germany
911 GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Franz will race his Saleens, if there is someone, who will pay the bills....
Old 17 Jan 2007, 12:33 (Ref:1817437)   #54
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Bloviation with the absence of espoused rhetoric! Amazing!

L.P
Whats that translated into english mate ?
Old 17 Jan 2007, 12:36 (Ref:1817440)   #55
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 GT1
Franz will race his Saleens, if there is someone, who will pay the bills....
But it wont be an "Oreca" built S7R . Konrad Saleen's just cant cut the cheese , can they ? Shame really !!!
Old 17 Jan 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1817455)   #56
911 GT1
Racer

Germany
911 GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They can be fast.....but not reliable. Or slow.....and reliable.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 16:16 (Ref:1817685)   #57
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
But it wont be an "Oreca" built S7R . Konrad Saleen's just cant cut the cheese , can they ? Shame really !!!
Why would it matter how quick they are? They'd have nobody to race against anyway!
Old 17 Jan 2007, 16:46 (Ref:1817707)   #58
The Badger
Veteran

Thats vright ..... Konrad would be on the podium at every event !!!
Old 17 Jan 2007, 18:20 (Ref:1817791)   #59
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Just that!

L.P
Old 19 Jan 2007, 19:26 (Ref:1819668)   #60
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-blo1.htm
Old 19 Jan 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1819725)   #61
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG

L.P
Cheeky **** !!!
Old 19 Jan 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1819748)   #62
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

L.P.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 23:13 (Ref:1819894)   #63
The Badger
Veteran

Yes mate , hot air from the sound of it !!!
Old 19 Jan 2007, 23:32 (Ref:1819907)   #64
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Yes mate , hot air from the sound of it !!!
No mate, just luke warm!!
Old 23 Jan 2007, 15:54 (Ref:1823869)   #65
The Tour
Rookie

England
Croydon
The Tour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a brief interview/chat with Darren Turner on our podcast this week and it doesn't sound too good.

He believes that AMR will be at Le Mans ONLY in 2007.

He has signed for Seat for the full season of the British Touring Cars. It seems the mass exodus is because the drivers have obviously been told that the drives are not there for them. Sorry if this has already been covered but I have been lazy and only read page 1 and 5!

The interview is a bit scratchy (nothing unusual for us) but you can hear it on http://tourpodcast.googlepages.com/
Old 24 Jan 2007, 04:22 (Ref:1824320)   #66
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Im not shocked

AMR's intention was to SELL cars and only RUN then to promote the cars. Well after coming OH SO CLOSE to winning Le Mans 2 years in a row only to come up short, win in the ALMS when the balance was tipped in their favor, Im not suprised they have started to look at their F1 entry next year, uh thats worth WAY more money overall.

So, its not yet "confirmed" but I thought we would hear something after the Autosport Show. With all the drivers seemingly to find work elsewhere, you don't have to see the sign on the door that says "Closed" to know that AMR has made its run, and will TRY and finally BEAT GM "again" at Le Mans, that is the focus...

But that still leaves this interesting bit of news -

Corvette has said they will run a full season in ALMS and run Le Mans, yet VS WHO?????

Well at Le Mans, I would THINK AMR and BMS will be there MAIN threat for the win and pretty good ones as well. Ocrea is a darkhorse, but the speed of the Acemco Saleen was good enough to cause some "concern" I'm sure for the competition.

If there was EVER a car suited for flat out running at Le Mans, its the Saleen S7...

But ALMS seems to be the biggest problem STILL.

As far as anybody knows Konard still has his older Saleens here. But lack of funding has them parked until further notice.

Well TranSport came out of NOWHERE to run a GT2 car, so anything is possible.

I just hope the best racing in '07 in GT1 only comes when Le Mans comes up or when Speed starts showing LMES and FIA GT races during the Cup offseason.
Old 25 Jan 2007, 21:12 (Ref:1825976)   #67
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think what we're seeing here is the knock-on effect of the success of the Grand-Am Daytona Prototype class. There's only so many sportscar teams in the US with the $ and facilities to run in the ALMS, and I'd suggest that many of them have chosen to run at the front of the Rolex series. Tracy Krohn immediately springs to mind, but who's to say any of the other top Grand-Am teams wouldn't be looking at an Aston GT1 program if Grand-Am didn't exist???
Old 26 Jan 2007, 06:35 (Ref:1826186)   #68
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
Well at Le Mans, I would THINK AMR and BMS will be there MAIN threat for the win and pretty good ones as well. Ocrea is a darkhorse, but the speed of the Acemco Saleen was good enough to cause some "concern" I'm sure for the competition.
Aston Martin Racing Labre will also be at Le Mans, so thats 4 works cars.

I'm also pretty certain that the Acemco Saleen is an RML prepared one and not an Oreca prepared one. Am I? I fully expect the Oreca car to be faster, as it is pretty much a works car.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 10:36 (Ref:1826290)   #69
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
The Acemco Saleens are I believe Saleen Southern California built cars and the Konrads are both RML chassis which updates from the Saleen factory here in SoCal.

The Gram Nash car is one of the first RML built cars if Im not mistaken for customers.

The french built Saleens Im sure will be the best of the lot since they were able to best the Aston's and MC12 a couple of times last season and had something the other cars haven't seem to enjoy much (save for the Zakspeed Saleen) which is BALANCE....

But back on topic -

Unless somebody comes out of nowhere I think Corvette will be largely racing themselves and OH what FUN that is...

I do have a feeling since the Saleen is really the only other car legal for ALMS competition and somewhat competitive with the Vettes, somebody might buy the Acemco cars or pull the Konrad cars out of mothballs.

I don't believe Grand Am has had much impact on GT1 or LMP1 for that matter. Alot of those owners were club racing or going to Porsche club events until a few years ago. The cost of trying to beat the factories might have scared some off from even bother trying. But I still don't think if Grand Am died tomorrow, you would have a flock of teams coming to run the ALMS.

Some would try and do Busch and move into Cup later

Some would run World Challenge

Some would move back down to the Koni Challenge Cup

Only the high dollar rollerz would even dare to challenge the might of the factories.

There's still an outside chance when the open wheel series come back together either by force or by understanding, that will allow some teams move to ALMS as they might feel they'll get the support needed to beat the stalworths of the series.

Acura has every intention of running LMP1 with there own car. But I hope they continue to support LMP2 at least as an engine supplier and I think you'll see that.

Oops, this is not a "State of the Union" post about the ALMS....
Old 31 Jan 2007, 19:21 (Ref:1830503)   #70
The Badger
Veteran

So , who looks possible for AMR at Le Mans then ?

Picinni-Ortelli-Kox-Enge-Turner ..... any other thoughts ?
Old 1 Feb 2007, 08:59 (Ref:1830862)   #71
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Rydell...
Old 2 Feb 2007, 00:41 (Ref:1831533)   #72
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Astin Martin Sold ?

? A story at GT-Eins saying LVMH buys AM? Or is this just more bidding and me and google translate not seeing eye to eye? http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

L.P.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 01:33 (Ref:1831544)   #73
The Badger
Veteran

Something about Möet champagne and Hennessy brandy in the script , i think ?

Cool ..... a pink DBR9 !!!
Old 2 Feb 2007, 01:54 (Ref:1831551)   #74
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Something about Möet champagne and Hennessy brandy in the script , i think ?

Cool ..... a pink DBR9 !!!
Ya its at leftlane news now also http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/02/...-aston-martin/

L.P.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 02:19 (Ref:1831559)   #75
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Louis Vuitton to acquire Aston Martin