Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Sep 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3850716)   #101
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brilliant racing at the end there. Leaned on each other but not too aggressive. Good stuff. Well controlled by Moffat.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3850717)   #102
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Ingram needs pinged for track limits, he's taking the Michael. Austin will be a rear gunner for Ingram too its his brother in laws team after all....
Spot the Turkington fan..!
Old 16 Sep 2018, 16:55 (Ref:3850718)   #103
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Brilliant racing at the end there. Leaned on each other but not too aggressive. Good stuff. Well controlled by Moffat.
Agreed, didn't think they were all going to make it to the end!

Looked like a nasty crash at the end there, I guess Jackson Audi t-boned Jelley?

Turkington has a 34 point lead going to Brands, so really all he needs to do is finish all 3 races.

Tom Chilton in a - perhaps unexpected - 3rd place with about 10 points back to 4th.

Cammish wins the JST.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3850719)   #104
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
16 different winners this season, fantastic stuff.

I see some people are whinging on social media that there's too many winners. As if having such a competitive field is apparently a "bad thing". I honestly don't get some motorsport fans.

The best F1 seasons in my lifetime have been 2003 and 2012, both of which had multiple different winners, and yet I remember people whinging that F1 was too random in 2012. God, I feel nostalgic for those seasons.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3850721)   #105
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone has the feeling that Rob Austin didn't really try to pass Tingram ?
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3850723)   #106
porsche962fan
Veteran

Turks 300
Tingram 266

rest is out of title picture
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3850725)   #107
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I don't get why some people make such a big deal of having lots of different winners. You've got success ballast, reverse grids and option tyres - the whole point of which is to mix up the results and produce as many different winners as possible,
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3850726)   #108
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Spot the Turkington fan..!
Sutton fan actually.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3850729)   #109
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I don't get why some people make such a big deal of having lots of different winners. You've got success ballast, reverse grids and option tyres - the whole point of which is to mix up the results and produce as many different winners as possible,
Agreed, it just helps the toca marketing department for the following year.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3850737)   #110
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously the lead has come down dramatically but I think clawing back the remainder in the last 3 races (or really only the first two of them) is a massive ask from Ingram. I’d love for him to win but if I had to put my money on it, it’s in Turkington’s pocket already.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:25 (Ref:3850738)   #111
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Agree, 1992 for instance we had 5 winners but was one of the best ever seasons, I think it's just a clever marketing dig to people who say they are bored with f1 where its basically Hamilton or Vettel unless something extraordinary happens
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3850741)   #112
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Obviously the lead has come down dramatically.
not so dramatic, started with 43 points now it's 34 on a track everyone expected to suit Tingram
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3850742)   #113
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Obviously the lead has come down dramatically but I think clawing back the remainder in the last 3 races (or really only the first two of them) is a massive ask from Ingram. I’d love for him to win but if I had to put my money on it, it’s in Turkington’s pocket already.
Yep. It'll take a perfect weekend for Ingram and a DNF for Turks for him to lose it, I should think
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:35 (Ref:3850747)   #114
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Agree, 1992 for instance we had 5 winners but was one of the best ever seasons, I think it's just a clever marketing dig to people who say they are bored with f1 where its basically Hamilton or Vettel unless something extraordinary happens
Well ITV do spend a remarkable amount of time making subtle digs at F1, so you're probably right. But then again, BTCC is all about being daft and silly. They do reverse grids from picking bingo balls out of giant tubs, and every montage involves car contact. So it really shouldn't be a surprise that they market stuff like the number of winners.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3850750)   #115
Evantra
Veteran

England
Given how well Motorbase did today, what has happened to James Cole? Started the season very well but has been nowhere since Croft!
Old 16 Sep 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3850755)   #116
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Woah, 16 winners. I ain’t complaining, they all deserve it

Good drives from Tordoff, seems his bad luck is over. Chilton, good consistent weekend. Title chances are only mathematical, but it shows how strong he has been in the 2nd half of the season. An under appreciated driver

Great drives by Tingram, with or without weight. Seems running with the option tyre in the first race paid off for him. Could still do it if anything happens to Colin, who was consistent as always. What great drives in all 3 races by him.

Sutton yet again never gave up, but R2 scuppered any chance of the title. Also AJ was looking good before that mechanical problem hit

Ricky Collard has definitely arrived, he looked comfortable running at the front in all 3 races. But Bushell didn’t do as well as people expected, seems the penalty for R1 contact really ruined the weekend. Goff R3 jump start was costly and how much bad luck can Jelley get?

Great defence by Moffat in R3, like Radisich at Brands 93. Great battle for the win in that race

Now let’s see what happens at Brands
Old 16 Sep 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3850767)   #117
Evantra
Veteran

England
Disappointed that HARD weren't able to get a good result because it looked like the VW was quick enough. Bushell shot himself in the foot (on both days) and Thompson seemed to be on the recieving end of contact (and I think was also quite unwell).

Hopefully they can get a few top tens at Brands because I think they've worked so hard and really have got that car sorted - at least on side of the garage...

My hope is that for 2019 they'll rock up with just Mike & Bobby and a brand new car each.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3850779)   #118
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
They do reverse grids from picking bingo balls out of giant tubs, and every montage involves car contact.
Speaking of the reverse grid draw, I do believe that the new 6-12 system has been completely irrelevant thus far?

And certainly agree on the highlight front. You spend the whole season saying how competitive the grid is and how close the racing is, and then if one irrelevant backmarker brushes a gravel trap it takes up half the highlight reel...
Old 16 Sep 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3850789)   #119
porsche962fan
Veteran

I do hope for Dick Bennets that they engineered to use the hard tires in race 3 at Brands, it would be utterly foolish to have Turks being a sitting duck in race 1 or 2 , with some luck it's already over by race 3

Sutton got his 2 strike too , irrelevant by this point...
Old 16 Sep 2018, 20:18 (Ref:3850803)   #120
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

My hope is that for 2019 they'll rock up with just Mike & Bobby and a brand new car each.

Bobby and Mike would be a good two car team.

New new car or new to HARD car? I doubt TG has the budget to develop a new car, but could see him acquire something newer than the VWs from elsewhere...
Old 16 Sep 2018, 20:22 (Ref:3850804)   #121
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
I do hope for Dick Bennets that they engineered to use the hard tires in race 3 at Brands, it would be utterly foolish to have Turks being a sitting duck in race 1 or 2 , with some luck it's already over by race 3
Turkington has used options tyres in:
Race 1 - x1
Race 2 - x3
Race 3 - x3

Ingram has used option tyres in:
Race 1 - x3
Race 2 - x2
Race 3 - x2

So Turkington has to use them in race 1, Ingram can use them in races 2 or 3.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 20:25 (Ref:3850806)   #122
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Turks 300
Tingram 266

rest is out of title picture
I agree, Tingram ran very well today and Colin drove sensibly. Colin's title barring a stellar Tingram and disappointing day for Colin at Brands.

Sutton drove like an idiot in R1 IMO, deserved a stiff slapping in the TOCA bus. The damage he did to his car ended his title challenge - BMR presumably failed to realise what he'd knackered/ fix it fully in time for R2.

Chilton had another good day at the office, Tordoff finally had some good luck and Ricky Collard shone like a star: I'd love to see him permanently in BTCC but suspect he'll be elsewhere.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 20:32 (Ref:3850808)   #123
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

New new car or new to HARD car? I doubt TG has the budget to develop a new car, but could see him acquire something newer than the VWs from elsewhere...
Two Audis perhaps?
Old 16 Sep 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3850809)   #124
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Neal needs penalising for that move on Jackson surely?
Apparently not, no penalty given.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3850811)   #125
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

Probably me being more hopeful than realistic but I was thinking new-new. Obviously Tony is very ambitious and they did it with the VW in 2013 and had (some amount of) plans to do it again a few years later. And I think if they sell off a couple TBLs and use the VWs as donor cars they should have the budget?

Again, probably not going to happen but I can dream! Think that this late season 'resurgance' would make TG stick with the VWs next year.