Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Apr 2011, 16:31 (Ref:2856935)   #26
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John, A great selection of cars, I especially like the Capri and Camaros.
I hope to see them all in action at a CSCC event this year.
Old 1 Apr 2011, 17:24 (Ref:2856959)   #27
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Hellooooo ...... is there anybody there? Or at least anyone who was at Snet who would like to talk about their day? Last lot of pics for today:-
Metallic grey 924 6-hour car. Sound check 86 db.
Given we had the coilovers on the front set as high as poss because the rear torsion bars are still untouched, and even then it was nose down like a space shuttle landing, and we had not looked at the tracking which we knew was out 'cos we put the struts on, and we were running standard used road discs and pads, and we woke to pitterpatter on the roof, it understeered rather a lot.
Thought I'd done a wheel bearing after 3 laps of 1st session but it was just loose wheel bolts ho ho one of my favourite cock-ups. Over lunch I tweaked up the tracking a couple of turns and it was like a different car in the dry sunny afternoon. Still dog slow compared to everyone else. But it didn't break - in fact it felt unbreakable. And we can all fit and sit in it and drive it.
Now you can put up a pic of it please.
Old 1 Apr 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2857057)   #28
Stuart J
Racer

Stuart J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for excellent pics, John – useful day’s testing as:
a) none of us knew the new circuit layout – which is good and will even out the racing, since the more powerful machinery still has to get round the new twisty bits; and
b) it was very wet at first, then damp, then dry, then sunny, so all options covered in a single day!
CSCC Future Classics #91, Porsche Carrera
Old 2 Apr 2011, 05:15 (Ref:2857176)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well, a terrific number of cars for a test day; many of them, of the type that we cover on this forum, so I'll put some pics up. The day started overcast and dampish and it wasn't helped by some one overfilling their fuel tank and putting a fair amount of it on the track causing a stoppage (one of many during the day!) and a lot of grumbling from drivers and officials! The weather soon brightened up but as it became better the wind really got cracking and I struggled to keep the camera steady, it was that strong. Anyway here goes the first lot:-
Great photos John of a lovely mix of cars! The MGB driver seen leaving the track will no doubt be on JP's list for possible invoicing regarding damage to the new grass. It is starting to show a hint of green in places though!

Stoppages seem to occur quite often on test days, guess that is why it is testing- but when your session is stopped after just a lap or so can be very frustrating. Hopefully they didn't cause too much work for those trackside.

Overtook the lovely little red frog-eye being towed to Snet evening before- looking rather sad at that point in the spray. Looks happier on track!

Old 2 Apr 2011, 06:12 (Ref:2857185)   #30
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That'll be Jim Bayman, Mike.
I had planned to pop over and have a look John but landed up with not enough time. Shame as there were a lot of people I could have caught up with. Great pictures BTW,was a little breezy though.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 06:47 (Ref:2857194)   #31
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed the day (3-4 sessions sharing a little red Alfa Sprint) although the red flags were annoying but such is life. The car went very well (particularly with the other 2 drivers peddling it!). I enjoyed the new circuit although I can see that having 3 hairpins in the first 4 corners might lead to some "interesting" first lap incidents and I preferred the old Coram/ Russell. Wait till the BTCC guys get there, there will be lots of bumping & boring at some od these corners now.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 08:46 (Ref:2857225)   #32
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, then, here are a few more including the grey Porsche 924, David, and the Alfa, Andy:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0132wb.jpg   IMG_0839wb.jpg   IMG_0852wb.jpg  

IMG_0883wb.jpg   IMG_0893wb.jpg   IMG_0905wb.jpg  

Old 2 Apr 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2857230)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Last lot of a completed first trawl; might go through later to pick any that I have missed. Also if anyone feels hard done by, I'll do requests!:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0932wb.jpg   IMG_0976wb.jpg   IMG_1013wb.jpg  

IMG_1076wb.jpg   IMG_1081wb.jpg   IMG_1103wb.jpg  

Old 2 Apr 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2857236)   #34
3000M Racer
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
3000M Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good days testing for my 3000M car 50, despite the red flags. Nice to meet everyone and look forward to a fun season. Car wasn't on its best behaviour, but thats what testing is for I guess.

Cheers
John
Old 2 Apr 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2857238)   #35
sideways steve
Rookie

sideways steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pictures Mr Turner!! I am always too busy trying to get the car ready to remember the camera so I am reliant on someone posting a picture so I can prove to the missus i really went. (later bank statements act as evidence too!)

That was the first run for the Blue Shelby Mustang so a lot to learn in those first sessions, rain, new track and LHD!!

I only changed gear with the door handle twice!!

Had a mile of fun, thanks to everyone who made it a great day, especially the Marshals.

look forward to seeing you again when I have found some brakes!!
Old 2 Apr 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2857239)   #36
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John, it looked superb and very planted. I took quite a few pics of it but wasn't happy with them but I'll see if I can find another (closer) shot of it.

Steve, the 350 looked superb too; I'll see if I can find another pic!
Old 2 Apr 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2857255)   #37
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Some more, then:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0535wb.jpg   IMG_0607wb.jpg   IMG_0699wb.jpg  

IMG_0769wb.jpg   IMG_0816wb.jpg   IMG_0862wb.jpg  

Old 2 Apr 2011, 10:31 (Ref:2857260)   #38
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
More, from earlier on in the day when it was still wet and overcast:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9710wb.jpg   IMG_9712wb.jpg   IMG_9728wb.jpg  

IMG_9757wb.jpg   IMG_9760wb.jpg   IMG_9767wb.jpg  

Old 2 Apr 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2857265)   #39
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Definitely my last lot:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9814wb.jpg   IMG_9919wb.jpg   IMG_0238wb.jpg  

IMG_0264wb.jpg  
Old 2 Apr 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2857391)   #40
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also if anyone feels hard done by, I'll do requests!:-
Always liked that one by your daughter, Tina (or 'tina) - Simply the Best. Can you do that one?
Old 2 Apr 2011, 16:09 (Ref:2857404)   #41
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Always liked that one by your daughter, Tina (or 'tina) - Simply the Best. Can you do that one?
But are his legs the same ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Apr 2011, 16:34 (Ref:2857414)   #42
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Tina s not his daughter,shes his mum.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 17:09 (Ref:2857433)   #43
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, got it. Still like it.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2857649)   #44
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I couldn't possibly comment on my legs but I'm better at Matt Monro's 'Walk Away'.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2857658)   #45
restyles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bridgham, Norfolk.
restyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I missed you on Thursday John. Lovely selection of pics as usual. See you next weekend no doubt.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 08:27 (Ref:2857659)   #46
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Hi, Richard; likewise. Was Andy K there, do you know?
Old 3 Apr 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2857672)   #47
restyles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bridgham, Norfolk.
restyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes John he was, but again I didnt see him. I think he posted a selection of photos on his facebook page.
Old 4 Apr 2011, 13:56 (Ref:2858587)   #48
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi John..yes I was there briefly...sent you an e-mail this a.m.
Anyway..a gallery of pics, only there for an hour so a sprint up to Sear and back to paddock.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=4760f1c030