Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jan 2020, 18:16 (Ref:3953179)   #286
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I remember you're and experienced Paris traveller, Max. Over the years, the autojumble totally disappeared its a shame. Many modern car makers, many good restorers.

What about a beer with John and me this time? I won't suggest anything to Mike! We'll make some selfies…
I'm up for that! I'm on my own this year, so I can have two beers.

I suppose we are on the wrong thread now.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 05:32 (Ref:3953253)   #287
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No worry, just say how much you love England and hate France and everything will be OK. Trade a beer in Paris for a breakfast at Donny!
Speaking about that I think they are some mistakes in the names of the SCC series I gave, its from the french organiser website.
Idem for Pau, I read HF2 + F 5000 in France but dont know what it means for real. Alantic or something else?
Old 26 Jan 2020, 20:37 (Ref:3953919)   #288
GCCheddaris
Racer

GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the newly issued HSCC Chart Calendar Pau's Historic meeting features non-championship races for Formula Junior, Classic Formula Three, Formula Ford 2000 as well as the Aurora XL Trophy (Pre 1980 Slicks and wings single seaters, F1, F5000, F2 F3, F Atlantic etc ) and the new Geoff Lees Trophy ( Pre 1990 Slicks and wings single seaters F2, F3, F Atlantic etc ) and the European Historic Formula Two series . I would guess that there is a fair possibility that the last three would feature on a combined grid as the races are non-championship although being Pau there could be a bumper entry . This is the first year of the Geoff Lees Trophy so it is an unknown quantity.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 06:36 (Ref:3953952)   #289
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Merci beaucoup, GC, ce sont de jolies nouvelles! Thanks for this clarification, seems some of you buddies didn't chose the easiest way to race but one of the most elegant.
I hope Mike will like you to add this to the relevant thread. Lets hope the non championship aspect will not keep too many out of this little Monaco!
Old 27 Jan 2020, 06:40 (Ref:3953953)   #290
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
I guess few here will bother but Grand Prix de Pau Historique is run by the same organisation as all the Motors Cup!, its HVM. Those people have some experience with foreign entries.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 08:05 (Ref:3953961)   #291
delta
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I guess few here will bother but Grand Prix de Pau Historique is run by the same organisation as all the Motors Cup!, its HVM. Those people have some experience with foreign entries.
See you there. Well, team Delta will be at Pau,
Old 27 Jan 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3953977)   #292
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
How many cars will you bring delta? Did you plane another testing day at Pau Arnos too?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 10:05 (Ref:3953981)   #293
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I'm sure he will bring as many as he can fit. I'm sure if he has enough room, he will use it
Old 27 Jan 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3953982)   #294
delta
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
How many cars will you bring delta? Did you plane another testing day at Pau Arnos too?
That is a great idea.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 10:39 (Ref:3953988)   #295
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm sure he will bring as many as he can fit. I'm sure if he has enough room, he will use it
My goodness, that is so profound.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3953998)   #296
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
There is a once per season single race membership- £145......

now thats a smashing deal compared to 350 pounds for the entire season.....

RuE
Old 27 Jan 2020, 12:07 (Ref:3954001)   #297
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
It’s good value for money, especially as it’s not that much cheaper than a full season. Either do one race or the whole season
Old 27 Jan 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3954002)   #298
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It’s good value for money, especially as it’s not that much cheaper than a full season. Either do one race or the whole season
What?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 15:25 (Ref:3954054)   #299
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Old 27 Jan 2020, 16:00 (Ref:3954059)   #300
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
What?
well, my remark was meant to be tongue in cheek

I should have resorted to:
"Achtung ! Witzalarm !"
thats German for: Caution, be prepared for a joke....

RuE