Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Mar 2020, 18:07 (Ref:3960831)   #151
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I remind the learned gentleman of the SARs outbreak in 2000.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3960838)   #152
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Also as billions were spent on these cars...maybe they should be considering postponement of the entire season rather then the piecemeal cancelling of certain races.
I don't understand what you mean here. Why not still hold the races were there is no problem? Surely the reasons for doing so are the same as normal? And what does the cost of the cars matter here?
Old 1 Mar 2020, 18:25 (Ref:3960839)   #153
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I remind the learned gentleman of the SARs outbreak in 2000.
Admittedly time fades memories, but was SARs like this?
Old 1 Mar 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3960841)   #154
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don't understand what you mean here. Why not still hold the races were there is no problem? Surely the reasons for doing so are the same as normal? And what does the cost of the cars matter here?
Which venues are not affected though? At the least, increased travel is a concern.

lets say Vientam is safe, would they attract more visitors if it was postponed after the crisis subsided instead of being held in the midst of it?

I would think that would be better. Maybe not though.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 18:48 (Ref:3960844)   #155
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Sorry...forgot to answer your question lol

I guess i was thinking that collectively more money can be made and thus a better return on the cars via postponement rather then canceling individual races.

Agreed that moment is not at one cancelled race but it is increasingly looking like more races will have to be cancelled.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 19:43 (Ref:3960850)   #156
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Qatar Moto GP race cancelled due to the virus.. bear in mind it was next week (8th March) and cancelled today, which means we could see F1 GP's cancelled at relatively short notice. Support races going ahead as the teams and riders are already there, which shows that it may well be travel restrictions to the race rather than the situation in the actual country itself that could impact on F1 as well.

Last edited by Moneyseeker; 1 Mar 2020 at 19:49.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 20:07 (Ref:3960855)   #157
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Random but related question, and excuse my lack of geographical and traffic knowledge, but did the Ferrari trucks have to drive through the effected areas of northern Italy to get back to base ahead of packing up for the flight to Aus?

Also I’ve seen reports of major ports in Asia not accepting vessels that have visited effected areas, I believe Pirelli sea freight tyres out to the “fly away” destinations well in advance, Have all of these made it safely into their respective ports of entry?
Old 1 Mar 2020, 20:17 (Ref:3960856)   #158
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Why just Italians? There are outbreaks in the USA, UK, and other places. You can't restrict one nationality
If Chinese citizens are banned from travelling into many countries, or at least subject to 14 days quarantine, why shouldn't Italian citizens be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Ferrari getting twitchy and seeking assurances from FOM.
Why not simply require a 14 days quarantine for high-risk Italian personnel? [Or indeed the Italian teams may choose not to bother to attend with such a quarantine restriction.]

Other personnel and teams can still attend the race without impediment.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3960857)   #159
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Why just Italians? There are outbreaks in the USA, UK, and other places. You can't restrict one nationality since there are many ways to travel and as far as I know Italians aren't banned from traveling.
Well given that multiple countries have actually done exactly that, Iran and China are also on the list. Italian was used as that's the country with F1 ties that had larger scale reported infections. And WELL beyond the numbers in other countries at the current time. But hey, if you want to be offended instead of reading the news, that's on you.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 20:37 (Ref:3960860)   #160
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not offended just cant are the logic. Either its worldwide or not. Nationality means nothing.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 20:56 (Ref:3960863)   #161
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dont know if the test is an instant answer type test (like a roadside breathalyser / drug test) or whether it is like a blood test where you get results in a couple of days, but surely the Ferrari / Alpha Tauri / perceived risk personnel could, if it be instant be tested prior to check in at the airport, or if it's a delayed result be tested a few days prior by a doctor, and if they come up clear they get a medical clearance certificate they can travel if they show positive obviously they cant.

That way seems fairer more satisfactory and less discriminatory manner than a blanket no you are Italian / whatever, you are guilty until proven innocent type system they seem to currently have. Im sure the teams / F1 would pick up the cost of such tests.

Or is that too simplistic?

Put forward with no knowledge of incubation periods for this virus.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 05:36 (Ref:3960915)   #162
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Melbourne goes ahead which seems likely at this point and added cases happen in Australia traced back to the event I wonder what will happen then. For certain the least that can happen is a lot of people trying to cover their backside and if deaths were to occur a lot of people trying to dodge bullets so to speak. I will take off my tin foil hat now and leave the room.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 06:18 (Ref:3960923)   #163
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I dont know if the test is an instant answer type test (like a roadside breathalyser / drug test) or whether it is like a blood test where you get results in a couple of days, but surely the Ferrari / Alpha Tauri / perceived risk personnel could, if it be instant be tested prior to check in at the airport, or if it's a delayed result be tested a few days prior by a doctor, and if they come up clear they get a medical clearance certificate they can travel if they show positive obviously they cant.

That way seems fairer more satisfactory and less discriminatory manner than a blanket no you are Italian / whatever, you are guilty until proven innocent type system they seem to currently have. Im sure the teams / F1 would pick up the cost of such tests.

Or is that too simplistic?

Put forward with no knowledge of incubation periods for this virus.
I don’t think the test picks up the virus if it is in the incubation stage which can last 14 days.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 10:05 (Ref:3960951)   #164
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive got tickets to the Australian GP so that is my first worry.

All sea freight such as tyres and garage equipment left their respective ports months ago and are probably in Melbourne now.

All air freight as well from Europe & UK shouldn't be a problem either, so the cars will be here.

The real problem is the drivers and team personnel.

If I was heading a team I would be getting all my personnel to Australia NOW.

Country's are very quickly planning and enacting quarantine restrictions as we speak.

So if teams get personnel here to Australia, and like I said I would be doing that now, then the only thing that will cause a cancellation of the Australian GP is if we have a outbreak in Melbourne like they have had in northern Italy.

Figures crossed I hope not on many levels.

On other GP's, I would be surprised if China is the only cancellation this year.

Not that I want to see any of them cancelled, but I can see it coming.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 10:19 (Ref:3960959)   #165
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed Bob. Teams and drivers should be looking to get here asap.

That said, if we end up with cars here but short a few drivers, I'm available
Old 2 Mar 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3960961)   #166
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Hard,
I'd put my hand up but probably stall it or prang it on the straight!!!

Lets hope everyone gets here in good health and spirits.

I'm looking forward to a great weekend, even if I have to drink Heineken through a face mask!!
Old 2 Mar 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3960973)   #167
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It will be an interesting weekend. I'm sure they will all be there. Let's hope the situation dies down in time. Australia is usually a great event and hopefully everyone will have a good time regardless
Old 2 Mar 2020, 11:34 (Ref:3960983)   #168
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Random but related question, and excuse my lack of geographical and traffic knowledge, but did the Ferrari trucks have to drive through the effected areas of northern Italy to get back to base ahead of packing up for the flight to Aus?
i mean, i followed a lad in a truck into calais the other day who had very likely been to a dodgy bit of northern italy, and he went through check in, inspections and customs quicker than me and got on the boat with no issues. there doesn't seem to be a particularly solid road transport procedure.

i'd been to an area where there were no cases, but at no point was i asked about my journey. i'll be doing an event with a bunch of italians next week, so we'll see how that goes.

the f1 teams are currently in the dark, which is making it really difficult for the staff who are posted on those events. will the teams legally have to supply disinfectant and masks? lots of interesting questions.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 11:48 (Ref:3960985)   #169
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i mean, i followed a lad in a truck into calais the other day who had very likely been to a dodgy bit of northern italy, and he went through check in, inspections and customs quicker than me and got on the boat with no issues. there doesn't seem to be a particularly solid road transport procedure.

i'd been to an area where there were no cases, but at no point was i asked about my journey. i'll be doing an event with a bunch of italians next week, so we'll see how that goes.

the f1 teams are currently in the dark, which is making it really difficult for the staff who are posted on those events. will the teams legally have to supply disinfectant and masks? lots of interesting questions.
Not sure masks and disinfectant would be a legal requirement per se. Certainly a moral and health and safety requirement as a minimum. If they want to keep their personnel then it would be daft not to take whatever precautions are necessary.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3960997)   #170
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It will be an interesting weekend. I'm sure they will all be there. Let's hope the situation dies down in time. Australia is usually a great event and hopefully everyone will have a good time regardless
We're just under two weeks away from Melbourne and not wanting to be alarmist, the rate at which this is spreading makes me have my doubts.

It's not the mortality rate, as this seems to affect the elderly and those with serious health problems but the number of people who will get ill and therefore be unable to either participate, or officiate in the race. Then there is Vietnam, with its close proximity to China and its the third GP on the calendar,.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 14:06 (Ref:3961013)   #171
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The statements this morning from the Australian GP organizers are everything will proceed as planned. Australia has instituted a restriction on visitors who have been to China and Iran but not Italy, all three have the same WHO concerns so why leaving out one country? The Qatari MotoGP race was cancelled because of 2 week quarantine and Thailand was recently cancelled as well. I just get this feeling the race isn't going to be run and more and more feeling like a significant portion of the season won't be run.
Old 2 Mar 2020, 23:12 (Ref:3961119)   #172
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Bob View Post
Go Hard,
I'd put my hand up but probably stall it or prang it on the straight!!!

Lets hope everyone gets here in good health and spirits.

I'm looking forward to a great weekend, even if I have to drink Heineken through a face mask!!
Just don't drink corona's......
Old 2 Mar 2020, 23:18 (Ref:3961120)   #173
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Just don't drink corona's......
Whatever happened to the Amber Nectar?
Old 3 Mar 2020, 09:02 (Ref:3961169)   #174
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vietnam have placed a 14 day quarantine on travellers from Italy.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3961180)   #175
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PM said tonight they are reviewing travel bans on a daily basis and Italy definitely sounds like it is on the agenda.Albert Park not assured yet.
Re Vietnam.Does that mean that after Bahrain -presuming it happens-the 2 Italian teams won’t be able to return to base?Will that be enough to trigger cancellation.Also where are the Pirelli staff based?