Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 24 Apr 2014, 18:51 (Ref:3397847)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Project C.A.R.S

What does anyone know about this?

I watched a video on Youtube a short while ago of a 60's Eagle F1 car running at Rouen. I had to watch it twice as it looked as though I was watching real footage.... I looked it up and found stuff that I didn't have time to wade through but it talked about a multi-platform release, including PC, in November '14....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US8G1Fwl7MY

Lotus 49 in the wet at the Nordschleife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6j9pFdNeqE
Old 24 Apr 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3397893)   #2
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I've read Assetto Corsa is ahead in the important aspects - i.e. realism.
Old 24 Apr 2014, 23:09 (Ref:3397928)   #3
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Additionally, I don't think anyone new can play pCARS until release. They ran a kind of early access scheme earlier in development by which people could pay to test and help develop the game, and as far as I know they stopped taking new signups for that a while ago. Release expected end of this year (November last I heard).

Looks beautiful, though.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3398117)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
From what I've read Assetto Corsa is ahead in the important aspects - i.e. realism.
Well, if its 'more real' than what is shown in those clips, bring it on......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post

Looks beautiful, though.
Looks bloomin' amazing to me!
Old 25 Apr 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3398128)   #5
EverOne
Racer

Spain
Madrid
EverOne has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
And has Audi license for R18 2014
Old 25 Apr 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3398131)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
When I watch this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB1yZzZhxlQ

it's just like GPL updated for 2014. Watch it in full HD. Glorious. Not just the cars but the track. Absolutely wonderful. The only time I don't care much for it is when I watch a video of a modern car........
Old 26 Apr 2014, 09:50 (Ref:3398401)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I first saw these vids a while ago. I think it's a crowd funded effort. My first thoughts were "wow, it's GPL for the 21st century" but I have reservations as to whether it'll actually play like GPL. As one of the comments in the wet nurburgring video says, it looks a bit arcady.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 10:15 (Ref:3398408)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hi P, long time no speak

Yes, I agree about the wet Nurb video, but that Rouen video looks unbelievable.

So, in for a penny....

To get DX11, I need a new graphics card. My now somewhat ageing machine has a 9600GT 512Mb. I don't know much about these things, but if I go for a GTX 660, do I need to take care over fitting? My card is in what I always used to know (I think) as an AGP (?) slot and has a PCI-E (which I assume to be PCI-Express) connector, so what do I need to look out for?
Old 26 Apr 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3398433)   #9
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Project CARS tops the Playstation 4 Most Wanted list.
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews...t-wanted-list/
Old 26 Apr 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3398444)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Personally I care nothing for the Playstation - I want it on my PC!
Old 26 Apr 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3398477)   #11
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Personally I care nothing for the Playstation - I want it on my PC!
Me too!
Old 27 Apr 2014, 11:51 (Ref:3398758)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hi P, long time no speak

Yes, I agree about the wet Nurb video, but that Rouen video looks unbelievable.
Hi Ayse, yes it has been a while. I came looking to see if anyone was still playing GPL but it seems you've all gone 'next-gen' I decided to take a little nostalgia trip over the Easter weekend, dusted off the old MOMO and took the new (to me) Can-Am and Sportscar mods for a spin. I think I'll have to keep one eye on this Project C.A.R.S. though

Glad you've decided to ask for help with your gfx card question in the main forum, I think DX9 was the latest thing the last time I was up to speed with these things!
Old 27 Apr 2014, 12:41 (Ref:3398771)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh, don't think for a moment that anything has supplanted GPL for me, P! After watching that Rouen video, I fired GPL up straight away and ran some laps there in the Eagle. The sad thing was that I couldn't get under 2 minutes...... That's much the story now when I run GPL. I can still drive the cars (using my trusty old red Momo Force) but I'm seconds off the pace I used to run at. Fun though. And thanks to DX11, the graphics are much better than on Assetto Corsa!
Old 28 Apr 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3399395)   #14
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
GPL certainly takes some beating, even after all this time. Nothing else quite gives you that same feeling of hanging on for dear life!

I haven't a clue where I'm at laptimes-wise, but I'm probably seconds off also. I've only really raced the AI a bit so far in the Can-Ams, but inevitably the allure of at least posting a nominal Can-Am rank has proven too great to ignore!
Old 2 May 2014, 07:48 (Ref:3400630)   #15
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Project CARS PS4 Screenshots.
http://www.racedepartment.com/projec...e-screenshots/
Old 2 May 2014, 20:47 (Ref:3400945)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A console

It's rightful home!!
Old 22 Nov 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3477554)   #17
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
At the moment I'm also searching out a new graphics card especially for this sim. It looks marvelous, the sounds the cars produce are spot on and I've never seen rain being done so convincing.

So I'm dusting off my G25 and getting ready. The game is allready downloaded.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3477570)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Where from?
Old 22 Nov 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3477572)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its on Steam at the moment

For 40 quid, simply put a console price for a console game.

Looks pretty but try playing it,.

Wait for it on sale Ayes, it aint worth that money
Old 9 May 2015, 14:09 (Ref:3535822)   #20
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
The sim is just released and receiving quite good press.
Old 9 May 2015, 14:27 (Ref:3535830)   #21
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I have seen mixed reviews.

With the hype they have managed to generate it is clearly mainly designed for next gen consoles. A good idea as that market is far bigger and likely to spend on DLC.

The controls and FFB are quite complex to get right for a wheel I gather, and a few reports of them not being too good.

Also reports of AMD PC users having major issues and online being a bit messy.

But, they had to release it now, they already lost a few pre-orders with people getting fed up of postponements, another delay would have meant further losses.

Most reviews I have seen are saying it's not a pure sim, poor 3 monitor support etc.

All to me points to what is always was meant to be, a console game. Fair enough, especially of you have got thousands of people to BETA test it for you.

AND THEY ALL PAID TO DO IT!
Old 9 May 2015, 15:05 (Ref:3535841)   #22
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
For Autosport subs there's a little piece on Project C.A.R.S. on the website.

It sounds like they have concentrated on the racing aspects - full grids of cars, changeable weather, tire degradation, and lots of career options - rather than making it an ultra-realistic driving simulator.

It's not for me I don't think, even if I did have a next-gen console to play it on.
Old 9 May 2015, 15:17 (Ref:3535845)   #23
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
rFactor and Assetto Corsa are far better in terms of the driving experience. There are things to like in pCARS, but the way the cars handle, isn't really one of them.
Old 9 May 2015, 15:23 (Ref:3535848)   #24
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The thing that will frustrate people is you really have to concentrate on actually driving the car rather than having fun. For myself personally i really like the graphics, depth and experience of the game but trying to drive with a controller rather than a wheel is very difficult. After the first hour of playing i was ready to trade the game in but with more practice and changing the settings for the controller its become easier and much more enjoyable. I dont think the game will appeal to the mass market just because of how difficult it is.

Stay away from the karts.
Old 9 May 2015, 17:43 (Ref:3535897)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It is difficult for two reasons

One is that the people who developed it were largely sim gamers who use wheels.

The second is that instead of making it for a mass market they ahve tried to aappease both markets, something no game has EVER managed to do before.

Gran Turismo is a sim in name only, physics wise it is not, same as Shift, Grid.

I ahve not tried AC, but its precursor was a sim.

Simply put, it in eyes, if you can play it with a pad and get somewhere it's not a sim.

If using a wheel ADDS to the experience it's a sim.

I tried Grid with a wheel and it was awful, but to be fair F12013 was OK with a wheel.

PCARS is trying to be a mix of both, and that is a VERY hard thing to do, someone is always going to feel a little short changed.