Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Sep 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2755096)   #51
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Dunno why, but I'm hearing Steve Earle's "Guitar Town" even when the stereo's switched off?
Old 8 Sep 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2756166)   #52
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously wasn't clear enough in my PM that the person who posts the photo carrys the baton and hands over to the next winner. I only started the theme - wasn't going to police it. So will now look at reply's, count announce a winner etc. etc etc.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2756167)   #53
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CAPTION CONTEST VOTING OPEN CLOSES 20.00 Hrs (BST) 9.09.2010

sorry for confusion!
Old 8 Sep 2010, 16:20 (Ref:2756247)   #54
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I wasn't, but am now?
Which pic am I voting for, please?
Old 8 Sep 2010, 16:30 (Ref:2756250)   #55
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Another highly strung car from Alfa; the new Guitaretta.
thats a winner IMO
Old 8 Sep 2010, 19:09 (Ref:2756337)   #56
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Several made me chuckle but this is the best!
Old 8 Sep 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2756338)   #57
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a thought, but is there no way to make the photo caption voting in the form of one of these "polls"?
Old 8 Sep 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2756341)   #58
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

As an Alfa man I should have thought of that....gets my vote anyway!
Old 9 Sep 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2756623)   #59
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Just a thought, but is there no way to make the photo caption voting in the form of one of these "polls"?
Yes, Jill had enquired about this, but unfortunately, we can only put one poll up per thread, and I don't think we want to start a new thread for each photo!
Old 9 Sep 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2756677)   #60
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

My pick, too.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 16:37 (Ref:2756836)   #61
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It would up the amount of serious threads John . . . . and they do stay on topic!!!
Old 10 Sep 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2757157)   #62
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I think that we are past the closing date and there seem to be a very generous 4 votes for mine and no-one else! Is that because you don't want to be bothered to find any pics to put up?

Ok, here's one of a well known Ten Tenther! See what you can come up with:-
Attached Thumbnails
Snetterton, British GT, 3 June 2007 200wb.jpg  
Old 10 Sep 2010, 07:58 (Ref:2757160)   #63
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I wont be a minute, nature calls !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Sep 2010, 13:31 (Ref:2757268)   #64
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These high compression ratio engines are a bugger to push start.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2757269)   #65
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I promised I'd do some Marshalling, this looks like a safe spot.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 14:52 (Ref:2757295)   #66
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this the disabled parking space?
Old 10 Sep 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2757299)   #67
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Quote:
Yes, Jill had enquired about this, but unfortunately, we can only put one poll up per thread, and I don't think we want to start a new thread for each photo!
Would that matter? They would drop down off the front page pretty quickly and voting etc would be loads easier.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2757302)   #68
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Would that matter? They would drop down off the front page pretty quickly and voting etc would be loads easier.
Thatts rubbish Roger! . . .something like, 'bugger my mouse has gone under the seat' would have been better
Old 10 Sep 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2757305)   #69
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Thatts rubbish Roger! . . .something like, 'bugger my mouse has gone under the seat' would have been better
Old 10 Sep 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2757321)   #70
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right, that's the car parked neatly.

Now, where did I put my shopping bags?
Old 10 Sep 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2757441)   #71
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I could swear the Rescue Unit was bigger than this yesterday. Now where did I put my glasses?
Old 10 Sep 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2757465)   #72
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
How am I supposed to make sure the steering wheel is replaced properly if I can't even get the darn thing off?

or

I thought this was a 105E ....now I realise it said "lose"....
Old 11 Sep 2010, 08:31 (Ref:2757589)   #73
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
It would up the amount of serious threads John . . . . and they do stay on topic!!!
Quote:
Guys, I really don't want to see loads of separate picture caption threads, and whilst it might make things easier for you, it would make it more time consuming for me. Just don't want to do it, sorry.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2757719)   #74
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
" Hiya mate,just stopped cos I thought I saw my wiper blade on the grass"
Old 11 Sep 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2757736)   #75
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
" Hiya mate,just stopped cos I thought I saw my wiper blade on the grass"
Ha Ha, only the select few know what that relates to
< Christ, her legs must be aching after all this time !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !