Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 May 2006, 23:44 (Ref:1599759)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Two races for Japan in 2007?

It's possible that Suzuka could host a GP in the spring of 2007.http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=27851
Old 2 May 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1599762)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The more the better !

Japan deserves it.
Old 3 May 2006, 00:08 (Ref:1599767)   #3
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thats great news, as suzuka is a great track, and was a shame to hear it was dropped off the calendar in the first place...

And besides all this - makes for another race closer to our time zone so that i don't have to stay up to 1am on a monday morning! woohooo!
Old 3 May 2006, 00:59 (Ref:1599783)   #4
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed. I can't imagine a season without Suzuka. Besides, if there can be a "Pacific GP" on a track as boring as T1 Aida, why can't there be a "pacific GP" in Suzuka or Mount Fuji?
Old 3 May 2006, 01:17 (Ref:1599786)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well that article is not news as such, it is just speculation it seems...

However, I personally suspect something like this will be arranged. I have suspected so since the annoucnement of Fuji as the Japanese GP, seeing as Bernie will be able get a shedload of cash out of Honda for the "privellige" of hosting a GP.

Sharky, am I missing something? Is Fuji, i.e. the new Japanese GP, not Mount Fuji?
Old 3 May 2006, 01:30 (Ref:1599792)   #6
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Sharky, am I missing something? Is Fuji, i.e. the new Japanese GP, not Mount Fuji?
Eh.....I might have gotten lost in translation. Over here journalists usually call the Fuji circuit "mount fuji circuit".

Anyway, what I mean is that preserving the race at suzuka while running againt at the Fuji circuit would be good for the sport.
Old 3 May 2006, 04:13 (Ref:1599815)   #7
Alan 52
Racer

Alan 52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not if you're the country that loses it's round so that Japan can have 2.
Old 3 May 2006, 05:15 (Ref:1599827)   #8
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Please let it be sayoonara Hungary!
Old 3 May 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1600089)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I hope Suzuka is retained, but at the cost of what round? I'd go with Skam about getting rid of Hungary, but i can't see that happening.
Old 3 May 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1600106)   #10
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm I'm wondering whether Hockenheim will be the gonner (maybe return on a rotational basis with Nurby), eliminating the title of the "European Grand Prix"...
Old 3 May 2006, 14:59 (Ref:1600109)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Just get rid of Imola (and Hungary of course), makes it a so much nicer calendar
Old 3 May 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1600226)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that would make 4 fly away races to start the year. i would like it but can the teams manage it?

as for a race to drop - i guess it would have to be one of the races in Germany simply because the Hock has already said they cant Hack it
Old 3 May 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1600288)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's assuming they don't move one of the other early-season races. I would've thought doing Malaysia and Suzuka back to back early in the year and China/Fuji back to back later wouldn't be too expensive.
Old 3 May 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1600289)   #14
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Yup, or vice versa.
Old 3 May 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1600322)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
That's assuming they don't move one of the other early-season races.
of course this is all just speculation, but...

if OZ is first in 07, which has been said when they moved it this year, and a race in Bahrain would have to be completed before the summer cause it gets real hot in the desert, you dont really have alot of choices left.
Old 4 May 2006, 00:15 (Ref:1600394)   #16
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was at Fuji Speedway yesterday for Super GT - I have very serious doubt about its capability to host a GP - the spectator facilities are non existant (though the pit complex is spot on if a little bland) and there is not a lot of paddock space. Dur to the design of the track there is almost no margin to improve it either as far as I could see. The two approach roads are terrible - worse than Spa. A crowd of 80,000 creates a 6 or 7 hour traffic jam (not a joke, yesterday was 2 - 3 hours) the GP will be expecting about 200,000 it will be a farce. I asked various people who know all about Japanese motorsport and they agreed that it was unlikely to work.

Nice to see that the banking has been preserved though.