Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 May 2020, 09:20 (Ref:3979097)   #76
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
...109 euros ...
The Robdogs!

I was a member for several years around the turn of the century when it was a fraction of that price, and you got some free breakdown cover (which I actually took advantage of one year!), with the addition of ticket discounts you even turned a profit in some years.
Old 29 May 2020, 09:31 (Ref:3979098)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I seem to recall it was about the same when I renewed last year......
Old 29 May 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3979103)   #78
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I chased up in January (expired last October) - reply from ACO was -
"Your membership expires in october but we confirm you that your services are available.
We have changed our hardware and we post you soon your renewal.
We apology for this delay."

Heard nothing since ....
Old 29 May 2020, 10:15 (Ref:3979109)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I've phoned three times and each time was told the office is closed. Perhaps they only opened for a short time this morning. I'll try again later.
Old 29 May 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3979119)   #80
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I confess I didn't go through the breakdown of exactly what's now included, or the options associated with, my new membership, but I do know I am now eligible for the 40% discount on the first two entry tickets I purchase.
Only two entry tickets? It used to be two discounted campsite tickets and six entry tickets!
Old 29 May 2020, 11:45 (Ref:3979131)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just renewed.... Once I did get through, It was simple. I was told that the best time is between 12 noon and 2 pm (French time, presumably).
Old 29 May 2020, 14:05 (Ref:3979162)   #82
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Only two entry tickets? It used to be two discounted campsite tickets and six entry tickets!
You get 40% of two tickets with the 60 euro membership so why oay 109 and only get the same discount?
Old 29 May 2020, 20:05 (Ref:3979239)   #83
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just renewed.... Once I did get through, It was simple. I was told that the best time is between 12 noon and 2 pm (French time, presumably).
What membership did you choose?
Old 29 May 2020, 22:05 (Ref:3979245)   #84
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They gave me the same as I had last year (and for many years). €109. In fact, I wasn't offered anything else....
Old 30 May 2020, 07:29 (Ref:3979264)   #85
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
The discount on general entry tickets was smaller on the old type of ACO membership, something like 25%, so we were actually being penalised for being longstanding members, with new members, and old members switching to the new formula, benefiting from a proportionally larger discount on two general entry tickets. I was pretty miffed about this when I found out and gave one of the guys in the ACO ticket office an extremely hard time, insisting he explains why loyal longstanding members are being taken for granted while new members are being rewarded...I felt they were laughing in our faces and was quite incensed about it.

That said, I believe the new membership only allows you two discounted entry tickets, where the old type allowed six, albeit with a smaller discount.
Old 30 May 2020, 07:47 (Ref:3979267)   #86
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You get 40% of two tickets with the 60 euro membership so why oay 109 and only get the same discount?
There are supplements to be paid to bring the formula up to what I need. For example, you can only purchase one ACO grandstand ticket, I need two. There is a 15 euro per person supplement for getting access to members areas during race week, this was included on the old formula. Basically, the 109 euros is what I need to pay in order to get the tickets I want and have access to members areas whilst there.

From what I can see, some of our group who have been accustomed to getting their entry tickets at ACO members prices on the backs of mine and Andrew's memberships, will be paying full price...
Old 30 May 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3979268)   #87
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
The Robdogs!

I was a member for several years around the turn of the century when it was a fraction of that price, and you got some free breakdown cover (which I actually took advantage of one year!), with the addition of ticket discounts you even turned a profit in some years.
Yep, and definitely turned a profit because I used to take AA European Breakdown Cover for trips to France, which was extortionate.
Old 30 May 2020, 20:03 (Ref:3979347)   #88
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
They gave me the same as I had last year (and for many years). €109. In fact, I wasn't offered anything else....
I'm trying to figure out what membership I need, cause mine ends in June. Normale ACO sends me a letter for renewal. I didn't receive it so far. How do you pay €109 ? I can't figure out what to do, the info online doesn't help......
https://www.lemans.org/en/news/club-...launched/51681
Old 30 May 2020, 21:07 (Ref:3979357)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just phoned, and the lady 'Marine' told me my renewal would be the same as last year - €109.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 11:55 (Ref:3981330)   #90
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Just tried to call them, no succes. Will call earlier tomorrow.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 15:28 (Ref:3981368)   #91
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They have certainly been a lot better at responding to emails, especially the lady 'Marine'. When I renewed they gave me a new membership number which I didn't want, but they've now managed to reinstate my old one. They've also said that they are going to send me something in the post as a gift for my long membership.... (23 years).
Old 11 Jun 2020, 15:57 (Ref:3981376)   #92
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
. They've also said that they are going to send me something in the post as a gift for my long membership.... (23 years).
That would probably be a VIP card for next race.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 16:04 (Ref:3981377)   #93
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I may be the only person to be invited........
Old 12 Jun 2020, 15:30 (Ref:3981578)   #94
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They have certainly been a lot better at responding to emails, especially the lady 'Marine'. When I renewed they gave me a new membership number which I didn't want, but they've now managed to reinstate my old one. They've also said that they are going to send me something in the post as a gift for my long membership.... (23 years).
10% off voucher
Old 12 Jun 2020, 15:34 (Ref:3981579)   #95
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
10% off the attendance? I was expecting more like 95%.....
Old 15 Jun 2020, 09:00 (Ref:3982150)   #96
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
I chased up in January (expired last October) - reply from ACO was -
"Your membership expires in october but we confirm you that your services are available.
We have changed our hardware and we post you soon your renewal.
We apology for this delay."

Heard nothing since ....
Followed up my email today and ACO replied that I need to ring to renew. I decided that to try to discuss why they had not written to me as they said they would wasn't worth it (it would be a struggle with a lot of British companies, frankly).

Same price as last year / same benefits.

So, if your membership has expired it looks like it is down to you to renew.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 13:47 (Ref:3982188)   #97
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Exactly. I phoned. Spoke to Marine, and was renewed in 2-3 minutes.
Old 16 Jun 2020, 12:30 (Ref:3982320)   #98
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
your comments made me realise that i had still not seen my renewal go through, sent email and they phoned back today, they were going to charge me the full 109 euro but when i questioned they told me that it would still only entitle me to two tickets at 40% discount and not 6 tickets at 25%, could not be bothered to argue so renewed at 60 to save me 49 euro's, also kept old number which i had had for about 29 years i think.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3982437)   #99
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Does ACO themselves actually know how there new membership works? I doubt that, even the website is confusing regarding membership.
That said, I still didn't get my offer by letter or mail for renewal. I would think in these unsertain times the money one gets from membership would be very welcome.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3982439)   #100
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Does ACO themselves actually know how there new membership works? I doubt that, even the website is confusing regarding membership.
That said, I still didn't get my offer by letter or mail for renewal. I would think in these unsertain times the money one gets from membership would be very welcome.
The lady i spoke to was very confused as to what the difference was between 60 euro membership and paying 109 euro was, the only difference she could find was that for the 109 fee i could use the members area at dunlop, but i know that for 10 euro's on the day i could use that anyway.