Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Jun 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1338194)   #26
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will be there next year can't wait, listened to RLM for 5 days this year not as good fun in fact it makes you miss it even more. Should be 9 or 10 this year in Le Houx. Got to be a little more civilised taking girlies next year.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 18:51 (Ref:1338576)   #27
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
definitely back next year, as always tickets already booked in may this year.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1338628)   #28
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Like brielga, assuming I'm still compus mentis by next June I'll be there. But I may be doing things differently next year. There were aspects of my trip which made things very difficult and left Le Mans as a rather shorter and not so sweet affair this year. Not blaming our organisers at all, I think fate just conspired against us this year. So, depending on what arrangements we talk about between us, I may be looking to do something different next year. If I do, you'll know about it - I'll probably need help from some of you lot!
i always wonder why you're not down from at least the start of qualifying ayse, as you clearly love it all more than most. the atmosphere in the town centre for the drivers parade and the session from 10-midnight on the thursday are almost in ways better than the race itself for me...when i heard rlm say enge was taking the aston out right at the end of qualifying i got a shiver up my neck knowing what was coming next!
Old 23 Jun 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1338646)   #29
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
The pillock was apparently at Arnage for the start too... I feel insulted!

Me too!!!
Old 23 Jun 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1338772)   #30
mpd00tgl
Rookie

mpd00tgl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley Beermon
We will be there next year can't wait, listened to RLM for 5 days this year not as good fun in fact it makes you miss it even more. Should be 9 or 10 this year in Le Houx. Got to be a little more civilised taking girlies next year.

where did you find radio lm? i found it on the net, but it never works! i really do want to go to LM but its getting there. mind a handy invention would be something that let you be in numerous places at once so that you dont miss a thing! or even a new endurance event at LM lasting 365 days.... if the spectators were up to it though!
Old 24 Jun 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1339083)   #31
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd00tgl
where did you find radio lm? i found it on the net, but it never works! i really do want to go to LM but its getting there. mind a handy invention would be something that let you be in numerous places at once so that you dont miss a thing! or even a new endurance event at LM lasting 365 days.... if the spectators were up to it though!
Got it off autosport.com not perfect but got better as the week went on Qualifying was a nightmare must have been a lot more connecting at that time. Anyway you must try and get there if you go once I promise you will go back again and again
Old 24 Jun 2005, 10:37 (Ref:1339090)   #32
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was also at www.radiolemans.com this year but remember it only runs wed-sun for the LM weekend!!!!
Old 25 Jun 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1340092)   #33
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there again next year - however, after this years' problems there will be a few things I won't do - these are drink too much lager and eat dodgy sausage rolls on Friday night!!! Saturday was very unpleasant!!
Old 27 Jun 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1341369)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Where did you get the sausage rolls in Le Mans !!!??? There are a few "dodgy's" that i dont want to repeat myself ..... This would make an interesting thread ..... Self inflicted moments at Le Mans !!!

Whose first ?
Old 28 Jun 2005, 07:14 (Ref:1341714)   #35
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Here goes. Overnighter coach trip with Page and Moy. Bought prawn sandwiches on the way down, which got warm on the floor of the coach... Journey down through France made much more interesting and exciting - when will the next 'aire' be and will I make it?

Strangely enough, that was my final coach trip year - vowed I would go back to doing it properly and have camped ever since. Bbqs and beers are much better for you, everthing tends to be crispy and very well done after several beers and too much lighter fluid!
Old 29 Jun 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1343295)   #36
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Where did you get the sausage rolls in Le Mans !!!???
They came with me and unwisely I decided to eat them after they had been in the car for 3 days (In my defence I had enjoyed a number of Biere Blondes!!) Seemed like a good idea at the time!!
Old 30 Jun 2005, 02:53 (Ref:1343444)   #37
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Making up my mind about whether or not to go next year -- may go to Monaco instead. If I do go though I'm going to rent a caravan or something other than a tent; I found out this year that I am too old to sleep on the ground for that long.

I've heard you can rent caravans or motor homes and have them transported and set up and then retrieved at the end of the week. Since I can't drive, that would be a good option for me.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1344092)   #38
markyboy
Rookie

markyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'll look out for you guys next year. AllonFS feels like me the weekend flies by and seems such a long time till next year's race.
Did anyone use the Beausejour bus-jeez how many sweaty people can you squeeze into one vehicle!
Also trip back from town on Friday evening was a mare this year. Taxis were as rare as a decent loo on the track!
A bientot
Old 1 Jul 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1344877)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
i always wonder why you're not down from at least the start of qualifying ayse, as you clearly love it all more than most. the atmosphere in the town centre for the drivers parade and the session from 10-midnight on the thursday are almost in ways better than the race itself for me...when i heard rlm say enge was taking the aston out right at the end of qualifying i got a shiver up my neck knowing what was coming next!
Well basically Ker, the answer to this is in one of my journal entries. I love Le Mans, true enough, but when it comes down to cases, I'm a Tourist. So I do what the Tourists do. Le Mans simply wouldn't be the same without the guys I come over with. I've been doing the trip now with substantially the same group of reprobates for 20 years and one of the disappointments this year was that we couldn't meet up with two of the guys until Saturday morning in Paris. It was disappointing, but it just had to be.

Having said all of this, I am sure it will be different next year (although it still won't include qually). One day I might do it. If the Tourists decide not to make the trip (as in 92 and 98), I'll go for it.......
Old 2 Jul 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1345325)   #40
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
Making up my mind about whether or not to go next year -- may go to Monaco instead. If I do go though I'm going to rent a caravan or something other than a tent; I found out this year that I am too old to sleep on the ground for that long.

I've heard you can rent caravans or motor homes and have them transported and set up and then retrieved at the end of the week. Since I can't drive, that would be a good option for me.
As far as I know there are some campsites in Antibes that have caravans and mobile homes for rent during the GP weekend. I went to camping Du Pylone a few years ago. Just 150 meters from the Biot trainstation with a direct train to Monaco (takes 45 - 60 mins), costs just a few euros. Of course several other sites closer available as well
Old 6 Jul 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1348614)   #41
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Couldn't decide where best to post this question but it seems relevant to Le Mans 2006 so here goes:

Will this years hybrids incurr any weight/restrictor/fuel tank penalties in 2006 or will they have parity with the all new full spec LMP1's?
Old 6 Jul 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1349152)   #42
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would the hybrids go quicker than the new LMP1's without any restrictions? I'd imagine if they were quicker then they'd get penalties...?
Old 7 Jul 2005, 07:29 (Ref:1349321)   #43
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Would the hybrids go quicker than the new LMP1's without any restrictions? I'd imagine if they were quicker then they'd get penalties...?
I have no idea, Martyn. And since nobody has come forward to enlighten us, others must be equally unsure.......? tblincoe suggested on another thread that the hybrids have a more favourable aero package, but that's as much as I know. Anyone?
Old 13 Jul 2005, 00:52 (Ref:1354262)   #44
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Having said all of this, I am sure it will be different next year (although it still won't include qually). One day I might do it. If the Tourists decide not to make the trip (as in 92 and 98), I'll go for it.......
You should go for the duration Ayse. We did it for the first time this year (3rd visit to the race), getting there about 3pm on Wednesday. Certainly adds something to the weekend, more time to enjoy yourself, plus you're more awake for the race (I found) as you're not driving/trying to sleep in a coach on the Friday night.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 04:30 (Ref:1355170)   #45
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
News from Le Mans Racing last issue :
- Oreca should be there in 2006 with a significant partner ; two possibilities, one beeing japanese
- Peugeot could involved Pecarolo at one time - "could" only, not "will"
- Yves Courage optimistic for the years to come - partnership with the tyres' maker beeing solid
- additionnal pits : not before 2007 (another nice thread in sight for the 2006 field, I'm afraid)
Old 18 Jul 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1358156)   #46
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heres my hopeful list

LMP1
2x Joest Audi R10
2x Courage Competition C70 Judd
2x Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo C60 judd
2x Dyson Lola B05/40 AER V8
1x Miracle C70 AER V8
1x ??????? Riley Cosworth
1x Intersport Lola B05/40 AER V8
1x Champion Audi R10
1x Oreca ?????? (A car from Japan?)

LMP2
2x Penske Porsche
2x Rollcentre Radical ???????
2x Paul Belmondo Courage C65 AER
1x BK Motorsport Courage C65 Mazda
1x Intersport Lola B05/40 AER
1x Lucchini Engineering Lucchini (Engine?)
1x Chamberline-Synenrgy Lola B05/40 AER
1x RML Lola B05/40 Judd
1x Noel Del Bello Courage C65 CG V8 (Mecachrome)
1x Kruse Courage C65 Judd
1x ???????? ???????? Honda (Team and Chassis?)

GT1
2x Chevorlet Racing C-6R
2x BMS Scuderia Italia Ferrari 550
2x ??????? Aston Martin DBR9
1x JMB Ferrari 575
1x Acemco Saleen S7R
1x Graham Nash Saleen S7R

GT2
You Know, a bunch of diffrent teams running Porsche's and two Panoz's and maybe one Ferrari 360
please post whats wrong with this list
Old 18 Jul 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1358163)   #47
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jross, your missing the Lister hybrid... not to mention the Zyteks!
Old 18 Jul 2005, 23:56 (Ref:1358195)   #48
jross427
Racer

but there was only 13 lmp1's last year, these are my picks, not all are going to make it, unless they maxamise the entries, or take entries away from the other classes
Old 19 Jul 2005, 00:11 (Ref:1358202)   #49
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Well we do have 5 extra garages next year...
Old 19 Jul 2005, 00:16 (Ref:1358204)   #50
jross427
Racer

ok then, add Lister Racing, Zytek, Jota, Goh to lmp1 and RML Nissian in gt2
or a couple of gt1's if anyone would like to name some