Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 May 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1599578)   #26
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
bernard b is clearly a veteran of these meets and will be at the Test Day. Could I suggest that perhaps he (or anyone else who's attending) might be kind enough to check out the new village and decide upon a suitable meeting point, letting us all know the following week. Bernard?
veteran ...
didn't see myself that way ...
sure I was there for one of the first "official" TT meeting at Le Mans!
test day 2003 : from left to right : Fab Gilles Kpy (searching in his car) FG1 and his family and KPY's friends

good idea to try to set a meeting point in the new village. I'll check what's possible. I'll try to post few pictures for everyone to decide, and to show that meeting point that some of us tried to find the past years ( )

maybe some of us who intend to be there could post a picture of themselves in their profile? mine is here

and don't forget: you can always ask
a group sharing wine is also quite unusual
Old 2 May 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1599585)   #27
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It might be worth someone who is going to the test weekend check out the village and find a suitable place to meet. From what I here it is still a bit of a building site.
Old 2 May 2006, 19:37 (Ref:1599599)   #28
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b
veteran ...
Sorry Bernard, it wasn't meant that way!!

Being relatively new to the forum, and having rudely not attended the meetings last year, I consider anyone who has attended more than once to be a veteran!

I'll look forward to meeting you, old man!!
Old 2 May 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1599671)   #29
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there's a TT meeting on Saturday (or Friday) at what used to be the village I might be there. As long as we know when/where to meet up before the monday before the race
Old 2 May 2006, 22:39 (Ref:1599738)   #30
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Already been suggested Jones....first time there for me.
Old 3 May 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1600032)   #31
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll try to be there as well I've got experience with meet-ups from other forums, wich always were great. I'm confident that this one won't be different
Old 6 May 2006, 20:46 (Ref:1601992)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm really looking forward to Le Mans this year - I always do, of course, but its been a tough old time the last 12 months or so and not likely to getr much easier - for a few months anyway - so I want to make the most of it in 2006! Merguez, champagne and Grand Marnier crepes here I come!!
Old 7 May 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1602176)   #33
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
sadly i'm not working at le mans this year, i've been fortunate enough to get to work at the world cup for five weeks, so while you lot are enjoying yourself i'll be editing at portugal v iran on the saturday and france v south korea on the sunday . i know i couldn't turn this once in a lifetime opportunity down...but i'm still distraught deep inside. it was the 1998 world cup that got me to le mans in the first place, so i probably owe it one. have a great time everyone, and ayse i'll see you in june next year for your 22nd.

Last edited by kdr; 7 May 2006 at 08:52.
Old 7 May 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1602282)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
.....and ayse i'll see you in june next year for your 22nd.

Too right my friend, we'll miss you this year. Have a great time at the footie though!
Old 7 May 2006, 11:04 (Ref:1602290)   #35
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The race beginning at 5PM this year, why not meet together at 13h00 instead of 12h00 on saturday ? Or do we decide to keep our habits ?

The schedule at this period is :
11H30 : Départ lancé course “COURSES DU CENTENAIRE ACO” (course 2)
12H10 : Arrivée et Podium “COURSES DU CENTENAIRE ACO” (course 2)
12H30 à 13H00 : Pitwalk
12H30 à 13H00 : Motoring Cavalcades (3 Tours de Circuit) + Mise en épi
13H45 à 14H30 : Mise en épi "24 Heures du Mans"
14H30 à 15H45 : Présentation des pilotes
Old 7 May 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1602292)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
The race beginning at 5PM this year, why not meet together at 13h00 instead of 12h00 on saturday ? Or do we decide to keep our habits ?

The schedule at this period is :
11H30 : Départ lancé course “COURSES DU CENTENAIRE ACO” (course 2)
12H10 : Arrivée et Podium “COURSES DU CENTENAIRE ACO” (course 2)
12H30 * 13H00 : Pitwalk
12H30 * 13H00 : Motoring Cavalcades (3 Tours de Circuit) + Mise en épi
13H45 * 14H30 : Mise en épi "24 Heures du Mans"
14H30 * 15H45 : Présentation des pilotes
Sounds like quite a good idea to me. As long asd I'm in my seat for the driver parade, I don't mind......
Old 8 May 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1603463)   #37
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Merguez, champagne and Grand Marnier crepes here I come!!
You going to offer any of that to one of the new ones then, keep me interested for next year?!
Old 9 May 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1603983)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
You going to offer any of that to one of the new ones then, keep me interested for next year?!
For sure Suze, get troughing at the first opportunity!
Old 9 May 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1604404)   #39
Suze
Veteran

England
Good, glad to hear you'll share!
Old 9 May 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1604639)   #40
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_ni
Is there a finalised meeting point yet as i wouldnt mind putting a face to some of the names?

No chance on Saturday Jen, for any of the marshals, we just can't get out and back again through the traffic. And unfortunately for our poste they can't get into us after 10.30am without car passes.

We could make it Friday in town though, most North American Tenthers meet in the square across from the commintators caravan.

You will get to meet Racer keke and lacerat anyway.
Old 24 May 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1617765)   #41
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
And if any one sees a one legged English Marshal, wheelchair bound, from poste 106 during the week - tap me on the shoulder!!!!

Like RaceGypsy, once race morning starts, it will be impossible for me to leave my post near Arnage, but I arrive at LM at Monday lunchtime, so I will be around scrutineering on Monday and Tuesday, and the village on Wednesday.

Glad to be back there again, after being in hospital this time last year!!!!

Cheers

Steve
Old 24 May 2006, 10:40 (Ref:1617775)   #42
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear that and hope you will have a very good time!
But are you sure you can handle so many taps?
Old 24 May 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1617782)   #43
Suze
Veteran

England
So do we have a finalised meeting point / time yet...?! Or am I ahead of myself?

Really looking forward to it
Old 24 May 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1617795)   #44
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So do we have a finalised meeting point / time yet...?! Or am I ahead of myself?
We're waiting for Bernard (and anyone else who will be there) to report back with a suitable meeting point in the new Village, but that won't be until after the Test Day on the 4th.

I shall aim to meet Bernard (and others) opposite the Pescarolo garages at 15:00 on the Friday afternoon.

Not sure we've finalised a time for Saturday or Sunday yet but it's been suggested that we meet later than the traditional 12 midday since the race starts an hour later than usual.
Old 24 May 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1617811)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant
And if any one sees a one legged English Marshal, wheelchair bound, from poste 106 during the week - tap me on the shoulder!!!!

Like RaceGypsy, once race morning starts, it will be impossible for me to leave my post near Arnage, but I arrive at LM at Monday lunchtime, so I will be around scrutineering on Monday and Tuesday, and the village on Wednesday.

Glad to be back there again, after being in hospital this time last year!!!!

Cheers

Steve

Good to hear from you Steve and delighted to see you're coming back home........
Old 24 May 2006, 11:48 (Ref:1617823)   #46
alan-g
Racer

alan-g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve

I aim to be at les Jacobins, to sign on, early-ish Monday afternoon. I'll look out for you.

I'll also be around the village during the week as I'm on poste 0, startline and pit wall and we pitch our "caravan pliante" at poste 13 of the Bugatti Circuit.

Alan
Old 24 May 2006, 12:20 (Ref:1617844)   #47
Suze
Veteran

England
Thanks Bentley, should've read back...

Having not met many of you at all, will wait to hear back!
Old 24 May 2006, 12:33 (Ref:1617857)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Thanks Bentley, should've read back...

Having not met many of you at all, will wait to hear back!

Well, if you're looking for pointers for recognition purposes, this is me (floppy hat) with Fab at the Tenths meeting in 2004.

Fab and Ayse

Its a sad fact that the rest of the Tenthers are nowhere as good looking as the two of us.......
Old 24 May 2006, 13:32 (Ref:1617897)   #49
Suze
Veteran

England
Hm...!

Well you can't be too hard to spot, you've got t-shirts with "Aysedasi" on!

I have a (recent) pic of me somewhere to home, if I can figure how to upload it....
Old 24 May 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1618094)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Hm...!

Well you can't be too hard to spot, you've got t-shirts with "Aysedasi" on!

Well, I do normally, but I haven't had time to do any this year. Might just get one done in time, otherwise it'll be a rather faded one from anywhere between 2002 and 2005!