Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Dec 2017, 01:52 (Ref:3784837)   #1
MrBloodmuffins
Rookie

MrBloodmuffins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 5th LMP2 manufacturer

From this article it seems like Norma want to make an LMP2 which is confusing because I thought it was limited to four manufacturers.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 02:01 (Ref:3784838)   #2
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
I don't know what the heck is up with that article, from the quotes it's the Duqueine Engineering race team that is looking at operating an LMP2 car now that they're not going to race a Norma against customers, not Norma Automotive considering building one.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 03:21 (Ref:3784844)   #3
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What an important stupidity of the ACO to limit LMP2 to 4 constructors.
The same thing happens with a single engine.
I hate Spec series, LMP2 is a Spec serie now!!!!
LMP2 should use GT3 engines and LMP3 should use TCR engines.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 03:44 (Ref:3784846)   #4
MrBloodmuffins
Rookie

MrBloodmuffins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they do become an LMP2 manufacturer, does that mean the possibility of a DPi based off of it too?
Old 3 Dec 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3784861)   #5
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
I don't know what the heck is up with that article, from the quotes it's the Duqueine Engineering race team that is looking at operating an LMP2 car now that they're not going to race a Norma against customers, not Norma Automotive considering building one.
This is my understanding. Duqueine now own Norma. Duqueine will race in LMP2 with one of the 4 chassis so they are not racing the Norma chassis against customers in LMP3.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3784862)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBloodmuffins View Post
If they do become an LMP2 manufacturer, does that mean the possibility of a DPi based off of it too?
As carbsmith implied above, you've misunderstood what is being said in the article. There is no provision in the regulations for a 5th (6th,7th,8th,...) LMP2 manufacturer, so Norma are not going to become an LMP2 manufacturer any time soon, it would need a fundamental change in the regulations for that to happen. Hypothetically, they could become an LMP1 manufacturer if they wanted to though.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 15:54 (Ref:3784920)   #7
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You are forgetting here that Norma wasn't originally one of the five permitted LMP3 constructors either, but ACO just slammed it there as sixth despite whar the regulations said. So same could happen here with LMP2. Also they're French, and we know how they like 'em monopolies...

And yes you could say that the P3 had less than five as Dome was dead from the beginning and some others like ADESS were dying too, but nevertheless they were allocated as the sixth manufacturer against the original intention. And heck it's not like Riley is doing any numbers in P2 either

Anyway it's beyond perverse that freaking LMP3 is allowed to have more variety than LMP2 lol

I wish Norma would go LMP1 but I wouldn't mind them breaking into LMP2 either, it wouldn't been quite as spec galore. Also they have the history of not having the greatest of chassis in open competition back in the day so these less inventive classes work form them I guess

Last edited by Deleted; 3 Dec 2017 at 16:05.
Old 4 Dec 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3785058)   #8
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
This is my understanding. Duqueine now own Norma. Duqueine will race in LMP2 with one of the 4 chassis so they are not racing the Norma chassis against customers in LMP3.
I think it's the other way around, but they are one now regardless.