Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Jun 2019, 07:40 (Ref:3908990)   #1
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
French speed cameras

Just a note to say that speeding offences by UK registered cars recorded on camera in France are now being pursued in the UK by the French authorities.
I know - it happened to me.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3908997)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Just a note to say that speeding offences by UK registered cars recorded on camera in France are now being pursued in the UK by the French authorities.
I know - it happened to me.
You mean you are still running on uk plates after all these years in France.

Thanks for the news, intend to run to the new rules as well as not sure which area's are 80 or 90 on certain roads
Old 10 Jun 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3909017)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Luckily I am not driving this year so no chance of a repeat last year's flashing on the entrance to one of the tunnels on the autoroute. (Although I didn't hear anymore about the matter)
Old 10 Jun 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3909024)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I've heard the French police deliberately target foreign motorists attending this event, so be careful on the approach roads to the track.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3909038)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes they will be out in force, but understandable when you consider 100,000 people in flash cars heading that way the majority of which love speed and motor racing.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3909126)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely no reason to speed, take it easy and enjoy it.....
Old 10 Jun 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3909129)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i intend to
Old 10 Jun 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3909148)   #8
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Whilst I agree entirely and have no desire to speed, I have to have a totally different mindset, simply because I'll have a seven metre caravan right behind me, which means a whole new set of speed limits will apply in certain circumstances - not to mention a whole new lot of peage charges.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3909167)   #9
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Luckily I am not driving this year so no chance of a repeat last year's flashing on the entrance to one of the tunnels on the autoroute. (Although I didn't hear anymore about the matter)
That would be the Rouen tunnel. I was flashed there about 6 months ago, much to my surprise - the limit used to be 80kph, now its 70.
I was chased in the UK and duly paid up €90 for doing 74 kph
Old 10 Jun 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3909197)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My last speeding ticket was in 1997. Embarrassing, I had to pay it through my own office......
Old 10 Jun 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3909206)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Was caught by a mobile french one many years ago on way back, pulled over and fined, been careful ever since
Old 19 Jun 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3912931)   #12
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Travelled down Friday and back Monday and didn't see a gendarme either way - we normally spot one or two between Rouen and Le Mans on the autoroute. Not an issue as my chauffeur was in eco mode.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3912936)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We never saw a single police speed check over the entire trip, but that is not to say they did not see us. Tried to remain legal so lets hope we were
Old 20 Jun 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3913098)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I saw a couple. We also saw a lot of gendarmes out around the roads between the main circuit and Arnage and Mulsanne on race night. They pulled over some kids on motorbikes but sadly let them go again......
Old 20 Jun 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3913153)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Do you have something against kids on bikes?
Old 20 Jun 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3913155)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Only those ones - in and out of the traffic, mucking about. The queue out to Arnage was bad enough (about 2 miles caused by pedestrians going to and from the Arnage entrance holding up the traffic), but they only made things worse....
Old 20 Jun 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3913167)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Re speeding in France, there’s an interesting stat in Auto Express this week regarding requests for UK driver info from other EU countries. In 2014 there were 138 requests, in 2017 it had gone up to 1903. So assume more in 2018 and this year!

The data analysts pose the question of whether our leaving the EU may ‘impact the sharing of information’. Would be nice, but somehow I doubt.....