Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Aug 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2530135)   #26
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guys can anyone tell me what the deal is on Friday for teh 100k race?

Can you go and watch then? Or is it closed, cant find owt on Silverstone site, but there is a program of events running on the timetable.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 23:19 (Ref:2530168)   #27
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sml202 View Post
Do you have any more photos from the test session?
I do, but because I already have a lot of photos from previous tests/races, I was concentrating only on the rear of the car (which is new). Sorry!

I'll try to put together a more comprehensive gallery at Silverstone.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 23:22 (Ref:2530170)   #28
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Guys can anyone tell me what the deal is on Friday for teh 100k race?

Can you go and watch then? Or is it closed, cant find owt on Silverstone site, but there is a program of events running on the timetable.
In previous years, the circuit has always been open to the public on the Friday. I very much doubt it'll be any different this year, and it's FREE to get in!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 00:38 (Ref:2530188)   #29
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
In previous years, the circuit has always been open to the public on the Friday. I very much doubt it'll be any different this year, and it's FREE to get in!
Hence why i always make sure i have the friday free on the second week of september, 2 hours of awesomeness, off topic, but it appears on the LMS website we have a DBR9 on the grid for Silverstone as well with Peter Kox and Phillip Peter aboard, one last hurrah for the Aston it seems.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 08:52 (Ref:2530294)   #30
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
but it appears on the LMS website we have a DBR9 on the grid for Silverstone as well with Peter Kox and Phillip Peter aboard, one last hurrah for the Aston it seems.
The LMS site is showing Ryan Sharp and Peter Kox as the DBR9 drivers.

Tom.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 11:33 (Ref:2530362)   #31
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone sounds exciting, Nigel Mansell to race for Team LNT?? Pity I'll be @ Italian GP so won't be able to watch it ! Unless my hotel has eurosport!
Old 31 Aug 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2531957)   #32
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Keep a close eye on Daily Sportscar over the next few days, I believe there's a very interesting tale which will be told............
Yes, read that, interesting is right!
Old 7 Sep 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2535979)   #33
J D France
Rookie

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
J D France should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankyou one and all for your messages of support, both expressed here and privately. We'll by trying harder than ever I can assure you!
Old 7 Sep 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2535994)   #34
XJR88
Rookie

England
England
XJR88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see you guys back
Old 31 Mar 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2664253)   #35
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from today's Motorsport News that Team WFR have entered the Speed Race at Silverstone this weekend, which supports the Superleague Formula. Warren Hughes and Jody Firth will drive the WF CN.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2664273)   #36
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I see from today's Motorsport News that Team WFR have entered the Speed Race at Silverstone this weekend, which supports the Superleague Formula. Warren Hughes and Jody Firth will drive the WF CN.
Not sure I know what a Speed Race, Superleague Formula or a WF CN are?
Old 31 Mar 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2664278)   #37
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
SPEED = the former VdeV UK series, I don't know what exactly the acronym stands for, but I remember it being somewhat silly

Superleague Formula = see here the name is here not the only thing that's objectionable

WF CN = a CN prototype (think VdeV-car) built by Embassy Racing

Last edited by Speed-King; 31 Mar 2010 at 17:16.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2664287)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Didn't know they have an own developed CN car. Any photos?
Old 2 Apr 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2665368)   #39
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Didn't know they have an own developed CN car. Any photos?
It doesn't look like it, I have just been looking at the qualifying times and they appear to be using a Ligier JS49. They will line up 2nd on the grid for today's race.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2665549)   #40
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I have just seen the results from today's race and they have taken they win. Well done to the boy's from Ossett.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2665609)   #41
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I have just seen the results from today's race and they have taken they win. Well done to the boy's from Ossett.
Good news - another instance of a team that can span the boundary between VdeV style racing and fully fledged sportscar efforts, so it's fantastic to see them get a result. I'm hoping to see them wheel out the LMP2 car again come Silverstone.

Looking at this, I can't help thinking that the ACO missed a trick in going down the LMPC route - sure it's serving a purpose and is reasonably engaging, but wasn't there already a valid feeder series, and in the case of Norma, a manufacturer willing to look at stepping up to produce an LMP.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2667615)   #42
Jody Firth
Rookie

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Jody Firth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all. I'm glad to see your keeping up to date with Team WFR. As you can see we competed in the SPEED series races at Silverstone GP this weekend. Myself and Warren Hughes driving. Qualifying a fine 2nd on a damp track when those were the first laps that Warren and I had turned in a CN car was a great achievement. Whats was more impressive was our victory in race 1, winning by a lap! Race 2 didnt quite go according to plan through no fault of the teams. Warren was leading comfortably on a dry track when mid way through the race the rear wing became detached, he made it in to the pits where the team swiftly fixed the problem and we rejoined in 5th place. With limited time remaining we made it back up to second. So all in all a good first weekend's racing in the SPEED series and left the event top points scorers.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 08:06 (Ref:2668661)   #43
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Firth View Post
Hello all. I'm glad to see your keeping up to date with Team WFR. As you can see we competed in the SPEED series races at Silverstone GP this weekend. Myself and Warren Hughes driving. Qualifying a fine 2nd on a damp track when those were the first laps that Warren and I had turned in a CN car was a great achievement. Whats was more impressive was our victory in race 1, winning by a lap! Race 2 didnt quite go according to plan through no fault of the teams. Warren was leading comfortably on a dry track when mid way through the race the rear wing became detached, he made it in to the pits where the team swiftly fixed the problem and we rejoined in 5th place. With limited time remaining we made it back up to second. So all in all a good first weekend's racing in the SPEED series and left the event top points scorers.
Jody, welcome to 10Tenths........and about time too!

Delighted to hear Team WFR were able to put together a programme for this year and many congrats to you, Warren and those who do the real work, for a fine debut!

Looking ahead, is there a chance that 2010 is a precursor to a Le Mans Series LMP2 campaign with you as the....ahem....gentleman driver? The Speed Series (now that I've found out what it is ) seems very relevant to such a progression.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 08:30 (Ref:2668676)   #44
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Looking ahead, is there a chance that 2010 is a precursor to a Le Mans Series LMP2 campaign with you as the....ahem....gentleman driver? The Speed Series (now that I've found out what it is ) seems very relevant to such a progression.
Ok, perhaps I'm wide of the mark. Just read the race report on the Speed website and picked up on this:

The win by the Team WFR drivers was an impressive achievement in their first SPEED outing. They were driving the IF Motorsport prepared Ligier JS49 but are entered from the Brands Hatch event in the brand new WFR chassis designed specifically for the SPEED CN challenge. The commitment from the experienced outfit to the series is a real positive step for SPEED and with 3 chassis set to be on track before the halfway point of the season, WFR seems determined to shake-up the CN sports car racing fraternity.

So, the 'manufacturer' programme continues with an FIA CN car. Is Peter Elleray involved?
Old 8 Apr 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2668725)   #45
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good question .. how much of the LMP2 car will "be" in the new CN car

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Jul 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2731881)   #46
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I was at Oulton Park today to witness Team WFR take another win in the SPEED series. I witnessed a cracking drive by both Warren Hughes and Jody Firth, at the half way stage Warren had lapped the whole field (which was quite easy as there was only 7 cars in the 3 hour race, one of which dropped out after 5 laps).

There was some mid race drama just as Jody took over the car as the heaven open and there was one hugh down pour. Just as this happen the safety car was called for to enable them to recover a car that had run out of petrol. Due to the safety car and pit stop to switch on wet tryes the car lost the lap they have gained. I had to leave before the end of the race, but I notice that Jody pulled out a minute on the second place car to take another win.

I had a quick chat with Jody at lunchtime and he said that they enjoyed there run in Portugal last weekend (however it was one the worst car's that both him and Warren had driven). He also said that the plans for next year are coming along nicely.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2731923)   #47
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ok, perhaps I'm wide of the mark. Just read the race report on the Speed website and picked up on this:

The win by the Team WFR drivers was an impressive achievement in their first SPEED outing. They were driving the IF Motorsport prepared Ligier JS49 but are entered from the Brands Hatch event in the brand new WFR chassis designed specifically for the SPEED CN challenge. The commitment from the experienced outfit to the series is a real positive step for SPEED and with 3 chassis set to be on track before the halfway point of the season, WFR seems determined to shake-up the CN sports car racing fraternity.

So, the 'manufacturer' programme continues with an FIA CN car. Is Peter Elleray involved?
My understanding as of a little while ago is yes.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 07:06 (Ref:2818636)   #48
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I noticed that Team WFR have entered the British Superbike championship's this year and that the new WF03 was on display at the Autosport show last weekend.

So I did about of googling last night to see if I could find anything out there about there plan's for 4 wheel active's in 2011 and I found this press release from one of there Motorbike sponsors website - http://www.rockoil.co.uk/cm/news/115...-with-wfr.html.

The interesting part is the bit that says "WFR will also be running a GT class car racing team in 2011 and will be competing at the legendary Le Mans event amongst others." I wonder what mean's I guess only time will tell......

edit - I also see there is a article about Team WFR on DSC this morning.
Old 21 Jan 2011, 09:35 (Ref:2818680)   #49
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Last we heard, plans were coming along nicely for a return to LMP2 this year (after Warren, Jody and Darren's FLM adventures with DAMS last year). That could still be the case, but no hint of it in the DSC article. Here's hoping.

Best of luck to them with the WF03.........it's quite a looker!
Old 24 Oct 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3156935)   #50
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well it looks like are lossing Team WFR again - http://teamwfr.co.uk/index.php?section=4-wheel. This is a real shame as they have a quite a lot success since there return both on 2 and 4 wheels.