Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 May 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3251569)   #1
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
New Perrin LMP1 !

This is new and out of nowhere I believe

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107567
Old 22 May 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3251570)   #2
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're the company who did the Pesca 03, oh my....
Old 22 May 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3251572)   #3
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quite nice also I believe this is the first look of how a 2014 lmp1 car would look like.

Last edited by lms; 22 May 2013 at 10:29.
Old 22 May 2013, 10:36 (Ref:3251576)   #4
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
There are more drawings on http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-18324.html

A bit of Peugeot 908 influence at the rear and the nose is inspired by the 2012 Toyota TS030:

The air extractor holes are at the inside of the rear fenders:
Old 22 May 2013, 10:36 (Ref:3251577)   #5
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh how I wish they hadn't shown us.
Old 22 May 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3251578)   #6
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting, last I heard Dr Ulrich said the rules weren't quite finalised, hope this works better than the 03...

I wonder if the past connections with Pesca will show up again.
Old 22 May 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3251580)   #7
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm... on the top picture in Gwyllion's post it looks like it has the current 80% rear wing, whereas the picture at the bottom shows a full-width wing...

Last edited by Speed-King; 22 May 2013 at 10:49.
Old 22 May 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3251584)   #8
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Nice! Looks like the 2014 regs will produce some good looking cars
Old 22 May 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3251591)   #9
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://perrinn.com/
Old 22 May 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3251596)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not really taken with the overall look, perhaps it will look better with a new paint job
Old 22 May 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3251603)   #11
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perrin says that while Henri is not involved in the project, there is scope to work together in the future.

http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-18324.html

The Pesca 03 was embarrassing but so much of that was down to the rush job and an ill-equipped/installed engine.

You have to applaud something like this as conventional wisdom would scream 'don't do it'.
Old 22 May 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3251609)   #12
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
There are more drawings on http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-18324.html

A bit of Peugeot 908 influence at the rear and the nose is inspired by the 2012 Toyota TS030:
I agree. When first looking at it I saw a Peugyota.

What ever happened to all the tooling, parts and pieces that Peugeot had upon their demise?
Old 22 May 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3251610)   #13
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.yatedo.com/p/Nicolas+Perr...fb70e54612f440 Nicolas Perrin career.
Old 22 May 2013, 11:30 (Ref:3251612)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really excited to see Perrinn put their cards on the table with this announcement. Hate to be pessimistic, but with no team to run the car (or no car to run at this point) I really don't see this happening for 2014.
Old 22 May 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3251621)   #15
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
quite nice also I believe this is the first look of how a 2014 lmp1 car would look like.
I thought the Lotus T128 LMP2 car was the first car that conformed to the 2014 LMP1 rules and gave us a look at how the cars will look next year?
Old 22 May 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3251627)   #16
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Google's translation of the endurance-info page makes me laugh almost as much as the auto-correct on my phone:

"It has regained its pilgrim stick to present its new LMP1, it meets the regulations in 2014"

Old 22 May 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3251630)   #17
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Hmm... on the top picture in Gwyllion's post it looks like it has the current 80% rear wing, whereas the picture at the bottom shows a full-width wing...
I think it's the perspective of the render on the top, it's still a full width wing, just looks thinner because it is further away. I think the draw distance on the render is set a little close.
Old 22 May 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3251639)   #18
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Hate to be pessimistic, but with no team to run the car (or no car to run at this point) I really don't see this happening for 2014.
Yeah you need a team. Bailey. Riley. Cars but no one to run them. Hopefully someone takes the plunge with this.

If we could get more manufacturers in '14 plus an increase in privateer interest that would be incredible.
Old 22 May 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3251654)   #19
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Interesting, last I heard Dr Ulrich said the rules weren't quite finalised, hope this works better than the 03...

I wonder if the past connections with Pesca will show up again.
MulsanneMike has leaked (?) the draft regs a long time ago; while not 100% officially final there is probably not going to be that major aero changes anymore that would postpone an announcement like this. Ullrich likely refers to the energy/fuel limits in particular...
Old 22 May 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3251665)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A very interesting and I like the look of the car took I see that they are based up in Skipton which is no more than 15 miles from where I am sat right now.
Old 22 May 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3251674)   #21
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My first thought, was "what the hell!". Very odd for a complete LMP1 design to spring up entirely out of the blue.

Second thing is, one thing this project doesn't need is to be shot down with pessimism. They've got themselves organised, unlike others. If you woke up today and decided that you wanted to go LMP1 racing next year and you wanted to get going with planning straight away, this is your only option for 2014 at the moment.

I really hope to see this car on the grid.
Old 22 May 2013, 14:26 (Ref:3251690)   #22
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
A very interesting and I like the look of the car took I see that they are based up in Skipton which is no more than 15 miles from where I am sat right now.
Whaaaaat! That's around 13 miles away from me in Bingley. Had no idea! Definitely need to throw our weight behind this effort. Agree with G4J regarding pessimism.
Old 22 May 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3251692)   #23
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I think it's an absolutely stunning looking car, contrary to some opinions. I don't think we'll ever be seeing it racing, but we can only hope.
Old 22 May 2013, 14:49 (Ref:3251702)   #24
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Wearing my optimistic hat, I figure the more viable designs we have out there the more feasible it is that some of them will see the light of day, if for no other reason that it makes the pitch to backers more persuasive.

At the moment, let's say you want to go LMP1 racing next year, you've got a bit of cash to get the ball rolling, but you need backers. Right now an obvious question would be, "okay, so what chassis / engine lineup are you looking at?", to which up until now all you could say would be "Lotus, or maybe some other vapourware projects", which doesn't sound all that thought through.

Now you could be in a position where you can say "We've talked to Lotus and run some numbers, but right now we're keen to go down the Perrin route, because we feel it's a less compromised package by being focused on LMP1 and benefits from looking at some of the lessons learned of 2013", which straight away is a lot more persuasive.

Will we see a Perrin on the grid next year? Perhaps we won't, but if nothing else the exercise of someone getting out there and doing the design studies is another good vote of confidence in the WEC, and a sign that people are moving beyond the overall tooth sucking about how the 2014 regs are absolutely impossible for a privateer that you hear in some bits of the media.
Old 22 May 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3251708)   #25
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Wearing my optimistic hat, I figure the more viable designs we have out there the more feasible it is that some of them will see the light of day, if for no other reason that it makes the pitch to backers more persuasive.

At the moment, let's say you want to go LMP1 racing next year, you've got a bit of cash to get the ball rolling, but you need backers. Right now an obvious question would be, "okay, so what chassis / engine lineup are you looking at?", to which up until now all you could say would be "Lotus, or maybe some other vapourware projects", which doesn't sound all that thought through.

Now you could be in a position where you can say "We've talked to Lotus and run some numbers, but right now we're keen to go down the Perrin route, because we feel it's a less compromised package by being focused on LMP1 and benefits from looking at some of the lessons learned of 2013", which straight away is a lot more persuasive.

Will we see a Perrin on the grid next year? Perhaps we won't, but if nothing else the exercise of someone getting out there and doing the design studies is another good vote of confidence in the WEC, and a sign that people are moving beyond the overall tooth sucking about how the 2014 regs are absolutely impossible for a privateer that you hear in some bits of the media.
The fact that manufacturers like Perrin are testing the waters in the WEC shows that finally it is getting more attention. More and more people are willing to spend in order to get a basic design blueprint, a group of people, a couple of demos, etc, etc. Evidence in Bailey Prototypes - that never took off but what matters is that they tried in the first place. Analysts and predictors like us here at 10 Tenths seemed to think the only way for LMP1 (and the WEC) was to get factory teams from places like Nissan, Honda, or Porsche. But perhaps it'll turn out to be the opposite way around... teams like the new Rebellion "works" team, OAK Racing, Perrin, and Bailey will make up the bulk of LMP1. Who knows... interesting prospects ahead.

My cynic tells me this won't take off, though.