Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Nov 2018, 04:16 (Ref:3863889)   #26
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, going green, I'm surprised...
Old 18 Nov 2018, 04:22 (Ref:3863890)   #27
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bykolles trying to catch fire in these conditions
Old 18 Nov 2018, 04:32 (Ref:3863898)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And the US coverage is apparently an hour to start and an hour at the end, nothing like using that overnight time with NOTHING new on the network to build viewers
Old 18 Nov 2018, 04:39 (Ref:3863902)   #29
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it's only a matter of time before they throw the red flag again.
Old 18 Nov 2018, 04:40 (Ref:3863903)   #30
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I think it's only a matter of time before they throw the red flag again.
Red flag.
Old 18 Nov 2018, 05:52 (Ref:3863918)   #31
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Why are they babysitting? Let them race already. Running behind the safety car does nothing for the tires.

edit- speak of the devil, SC coming in next lap (32)
Old 18 Nov 2018, 06:00 (Ref:3863919)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like fun for both fan and participants.
Old 18 Nov 2018, 06:06 (Ref:3863921)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
GTE Pro cars 1st, 2nd and 3rd lol
Old 18 Nov 2018, 06:13 (Ref:3863923)   #34
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
There's a headline, Alonso leads the race from Button by 6 seconds...
Old 18 Nov 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3863933)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Both driving well

How many stops are required for everyone as well enter the final hour? Especially if we need another change of tyres.
Old 18 Nov 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3863934)   #36
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I was trying to work that out a while ago, concluded that nobody will have a pitstop advantage which might affect the order.
Old 18 Nov 2018, 08:27 (Ref:3863936)   #37
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Petrov had a spin
Old 18 Nov 2018, 09:14 (Ref:3863940)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Phew, bit exciting near the end with that SC!

Congratulations to Aston Martin with first Vantage win.

Thanks for the stream link TzeiTzei, worked for me!
Old 18 Nov 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3863954)   #39
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much green flag racing did they have in total? I got up just in time to watch the start, but then we got the red flag, so I went to sleep once more. Caught the last 2 and a half hours. Seeing cars race in the rain is kind of interesting on its own, and once again GTE-Pro was the most exciting race.
Old 18 Nov 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3863975)   #40
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
How much green flag racing did they have in total? I got up just in time to watch the start, but then we got the red flag, so I went to sleep once more. Caught the last 2 and a half hours. Seeing cars race in the rain is kind of interesting on its own, and once again GTE-Pro was the most exciting race.
By the lack of postings I don't think anybody watched this race. Having a race in Shanghai might be overrated perhaps?

I did not watch it either but it got my attention seeing the results that the GTE winner beat the LMP2 winner! Also glad that the Corvette did beat some of the GTE pro cars.
Old 18 Nov 2018, 13:20 (Ref:3863978)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just not a good time for me.....
Old 18 Nov 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3863981)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quite, it started at 2 in the morning here!

I still watched a lot of it. Saw more than the last two hours. Last half an hour on catch up after rugby training.
Old 18 Nov 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3864028)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
can someone tell me when the finishing positions will be finalised, as i have my 2019 calendar ready
Old 18 Nov 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3864035)   #44
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
can someone tell me when the finishing positions will be finalised, as i have my 2019 calendar ready
I'm think we'll know sometime in mid 2020, just about the right time to cancel someone's entry at LM as auto qualifier and we'll get a team that should be there left out with changing points and appeals
Old 19 Nov 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3864140)   #45
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Missed this one. 2am start meant I was going to watch it tape delayed, then I caught wind that it was 3 hours of rain delay and not much else so I didn't bother.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 12:17 (Ref:3864211)   #46
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I'm glad the #7 won. I wish it would have dried out so we could have had some dry running to see how the eot worked. In the wet the Toyotas were really strong with the awd. Last race in 2018, too bad there was such little running. They did manage over 100 laps though. I'm thinking about a third of that was run in yellow or behind the safety car. Aston Martin pulled out their first win with the new Vantage too. I expect the car to be hit with bop. Sebring can't come soon enough.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 14:55 (Ref:3864251)   #47
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Missed this one. 2am start meant I was going to watch it tape delayed, then I caught wind that it was 3 hours of rain delay and not much else so I didn't bother.
It was actually a 3am start, but that's of no consequence. Set my alarm for 2:45am and by the time it was red flagged for the first time, I'd pumped myself so full of coffee I was bouncing off the ceiling, so decided there was no point going back to bed. Needless to say, I now wish I hadn't bothered getting up in the first place!

All very frustrating!

Points of interest? Not many...

Above all, I have huge admiration for the drivers, wow! Rather them than me.

Of some interest, I suppose, was seeing how the performance pendulum swung between the SMP cars and the Rebellion cars, dependant upon the extremity of the conditions at any given time. The drier the circuit, the bigger the advantage to the Rebellions, while the SMP cars coped far better when the weather was at it's worst. It was quite obvious that Lotterer had zero chance of overhauling Petrov, when the race was green flagged for the last time, despite the commentary team predicting the reverse.

Oh, Bykolles...ok, I'll admit to having a little chuckle (or rather more than a chuckle ) each time the CLM produced one of it's comedy moments (of which there were several). Sorry...

I would also question why the race wasn't red flagged as soon as the safety car was dispatched following the incident for the #17 late in the race. To me, the conditions seemed as bad, or maybe even worse, than they had been for the two earlier red flag periods.

Anyway, not so much a race as a battle against the elements...

Last edited by Bentley03; 19 Nov 2018 at 16:54. Reason: Got my facts wrong...
Old 19 Nov 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3864300)   #48
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a very difficult race to follow, so late (or early) and with so RF and SC periods.

Best of the race for me, was the Rebellion - SMP fight. Beside the crazy and unexplainable fire on the ByKolles engine, the car was running 4th when it retired. At some point the car was doing same laptimes or even better than SMP and Rebellion.

At mid race with another RF I went back to bed at 3:30 am

Good for the #7, it was an undeserved victory, but it makes the championship more interesting.

Let's see how the european machinery works on the bumps of Sebring in a couple of months.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3864324)   #49
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I too gave this one a miss.

I have no problem with staying up late, but I'm not too fond of getting up (very) early. I rather have a race that runs into the night (like Petit LeMans) than one that starts into the middle of the night.
Especially when it's uncertain I may even be able to watch it (stream/no stream?) and when the chances for lengthy red flag periods are high.

Apart from (the full) 24hours of Le Mans, sadly I haven't seen much of this year's WEC.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 08:11 (Ref:3864419)   #50
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is an odd choice of venue at a bad time of year for weather, seemingly.

WEC / Commentators can try and hype it up as much as they like, but much of it was just very very dull...

Surely Kyalami in January would be a better option for everyone?