Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Nov 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3864422)   #51
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
China is a large market which they don't want to miss out on.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3864493)   #52
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another who missed most of the race here, and when I did check in a huge amount of nothing was happening.

Good to see the Vantage take a win. No surprise the Toyota was strong with AWD in the rain, but I definitley raised an eyebrow at how close Rebellion got in quali. The Kolles crew must be some of the most resilient people in racing.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 06:02 (Ref:3864656)   #53
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The ByKolles was doing competitive lap times when it was alive. Sad to see it quit like that. I don't know why it always comes to a halt. It can't be the engine every time. I wish it was a dry race, I think it would have been closer up front but maybe Sebring will have that action we crave.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 08:49 (Ref:3864674)   #54
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The ByKolles was doing competitive lap times when it was alive. Sad to see it quit like that. I don't know why it always comes to a halt. It can't be the engine every time. I wish it was a dry race, I think it would have been closer up front but maybe Sebring will have that action we crave.
A good englne, packed poorly with insufficient cooling will make the engine break down, without being at fault.
I am not saying this is the case for ByKolles, but it is something which makes it hard to judge as a spectator, what is at fault.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3864721)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
China is a large market which they don't want to miss out on.
But if no one is watching does it matter how big the market is? The paid trackside attendance could not have been great, it made the practice sessions for F1 look downright packed. And it might be the least commented on race on most every sportscar page I read, no one seems to care.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3864725)   #56
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I 100% agree, but that appears to be the stance the ACO is taking. China is a huge market. Asia is a huge market. So we'll have 2 races over there, and we'll really keep trying to fill the Asian Le Mans Series grids by giving auto-entries to anyone who even looks at a GT car.

It is a huge market, and I'm sure they do want a piece of that. But is it enough to keep going to China and hoping the crowd is a wonderful 55,000 people? Most of us here say no, but the ACO keep banging on that door.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 14:12 (Ref:3864748)   #57
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I disagree. Shanghai is as good a track as any and the manufacturers clearly want to be there.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3864814)   #58
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
From what I saw there was a good amount of people there especially for the wet weather. F1 doesn't even pack the stands. It seems like half a million seats are there anyway I'm sure they close off lots of stands and seating areas. No one wants to sit there in the rain anyway.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 20:23 (Ref:3864841)   #59
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From what I saw there was a good amount of people there especially for the wet weather. F1 doesn't even pack the stands. It seems like half a million seats are there anyway I'm sure they close off lots of stands and seating areas. No one wants to sit there in the rain anyway.
Being blunt, when your sitting in your armchair a few thousand miles away, watching a pretty dull race, in the rain and dark, and it's 3am local time then it all seems rather pointless!

Maybe for those actually there it was a whole lot more exciting?

Personally I just find most of the FIA grade 1 tracks utterly uninspiring!
Old 21 Nov 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3864855)   #60
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Gotta wonder what 'uninspiring' actually means but moving on...

I took advantage of the Eurosport Player black friday deal. 20 euros for a year and that includes all WEC races live and on demand plus MotoGP and more. Worth a look in my opinion.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 17:22 (Ref:3865049)   #61
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
It was actually a 3am start, but that's of no consequence. Set my alarm for 2:45am and by the time it was red flagged for the first time, I'd pumped myself so full of coffee I was bouncing off the ceiling, so decided there was no point going back to bed. Needless to say, I now wish I hadn't bothered getting up in the first place!

All very frustrating!
Kind of the same story for me as well . Couldn't sleep anymore.

Qualifying promised something interesting but it was pretty dull it has to be said. And now a 4 month break?? Jeez. There's definitely room for an early January race on the calendar.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 07:59 (Ref:3865656)   #62
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Kind of the same story for me as well . Couldn't sleep anymore.

Qualifying promised something interesting but it was pretty dull it has to be said. And now a 4 month break?? Jeez. There's definitely room for an early January race on the calendar.
If I were to pick a place, it'd be Argentina. De Los Funes, but I imagine they'll fill that gap with Interlagos, Brazil.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3865817)   #63
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
If I were to pick a place, it'd be Argentina. De Los Funes, but I imagine they'll fill that gap with Interlagos, Brazil.
I fully expect Interlagos to replace Sebring after 2019.

That would still leave plenty of room for another race somewhere (Kyalami?).
Old 25 Nov 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3865818)   #64
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Why would Sebring need to be replaced?
Old 25 Nov 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3865830)   #65
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Why would Sebring need to be replaced?
Agreed on that. I would say Interlagos would be in addition to Sebring to bridge the gap. The only thing is trying not to be too close to the Daytona 24.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 23:22 (Ref:3865882)   #66
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!

(I'll continue this conversation over in the 2019-2020 season thread.)

Last edited by Coach Ep; 25 Nov 2018 at 23:30.