Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:39 (Ref:304261)   #26
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by El_Gibleto
I'm told that Simon Pullen became very closely attached to the fist of another driver following his dreadful blocking during qualifying, sounds like GT's might become interesting :-)
This doesn't sound like either Simon or the British GT crowd.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:45 (Ref:304270)   #27
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I watched GTO qualifying throughout. Simon did get out in the car but I didn't see or hear of any such incident.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:51 (Ref:304278)   #28
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had the incident fully described to me by a reputable source. I was highly amused by the story, sounds reminicent of the Sytner/Mike Smith era of btcc!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 10:57 (Ref:304281)   #29
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did this alleged event take place?
Old 4 Jun 2002, 12:04 (Ref:304345)   #30
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Parc Ferme!

Check the reports from the pit lane marshalls!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 12:38 (Ref:304374)   #31
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
"I was highly amused by the story"

That'll be you in a distinct minority then!

It's always good to see people concentrate on the up side of things!!

All I saw was Simon driving another great race with Shorty on the way to what is looking more and more like a championship winning season.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 17:37 (Ref:304625)   #32
Simon Pullan
Racer

Simon Pullan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some interesting comments. I'll try to clarify but to be honest I'm at a bit of a loss as well.

First of all I did a couple of laps at the end of GT qualifying just to scrub in a tyre and bed myself back into the car after driving the Porsche. Someone came up to me in Park Ferme and asked if he had blocked me on a fast lap. Since I hadn't been on any fast laps I said 'no of course you didn't.'

The incident in the Porsches was slightly different. There was contact between my car and another in the 1st race and he decided it was my fault. After the race he felt agrieved and slapped me across the helmet in Park Ferme. This was just heat of the moment stuff and he calmed down later but we both had to visit the clerk of the course's office to clear things up. This meeting was held after GT qualifying because it took a while for the CofC to organise all the data.

Clear as erm... mud?

Last edited by Simon Pullan; 4 Jun 2002 at 17:38.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 17:49 (Ref:304634)   #33
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for that, Simon. It's a real privilege for us race enthusiasts to get the inside story on the weekend, both good and bad. Thanks for being prepared to talk about the less attractive bits too.

I think, having heard this candid report from the man involved, it is fair to say that El Gibleto's "reliable source" got the level of the incident wrong, the championship wrong, the cause wrong, and made an assumption about the outcome too.

Which I think is a lesson to us all.

Thanks once again Simon. I've got a distinct feeling that outright podiums are going to be pleasingly familiar for the remainder of the season.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 17:51 (Ref:304637)   #34
jase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by El_Gibleto
I had the incident fully described to me by a reputable source. I was highly amused by the story, sounds reminicent of the Sytner/Mike Smith era of btcc!
Well, after Simon's and Tim's comments, not such a reputable source?
And as for asking the Pit Marshal's I will be, but any event that happens in Parc Ferme is not the jurisdiction of the Pit Officials (unless it occurs in the pitlane) but rather that of the Scrutineer's.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 09:28 (Ref:305091)   #35
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone know what happened to the speed 12?
Old 5 Jun 2002, 09:35 (Ref:305093)   #36
Sid The Manager
Racer

Sid The Manager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
half spun and t boned the lister, must have damaged the cooling as it then blew up, the lister finished minus bonnet and with smashed windscreen.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 10:22 (Ref:305126)   #37
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
And with a large hole in the roof!
Old 5 Jun 2002, 10:52 (Ref:305142)   #38
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that the Saleen is in fact driven by a giant fish with 2 heads and 5 fins, perhaps a pit lane marshal can confirm this?
Old 5 Jun 2002, 11:40 (Ref:305175)   #39
Sid The Manager
Racer

Sid The Manager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there aren't any finns in british gt, but there may be soon