Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 12 Apr 2009, 08:15 (Ref:2439150)   #26
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be the last to disagree that Astromega seems to struggle with the car. For some reason, they can't get the setup right. Having a partner that is a no-show for some time now doesn't help either.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2439153)   #27
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
Mak, what makes you think there is a parts shortage? Brazil participated in qualifying with no problem at all.

After qualifying my first thought is...wow, what an amazing circuit! Even better than Turkey in my opinion, and racing today is going to be awesome.

Dan Clarke seems a bit of a tugger. Is this going to affect ticket sales for Brands Hatch?

With Doornbos, Carroll, Liuzzi, Jani absolute class drivers and a circuit where overtaking will be relatively straightforward anything could happen, it's going to be very exciting!
Some people happen to work in A1! at the mo anyway!
Old 12 Apr 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2439178)   #28
tausif
Rookie

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
tausif should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Pakistan, please put your fans out of their misery. Are you in or out for 2009?
Old 12 Apr 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2439200)   #29
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what happened to Bamber??
Old 12 Apr 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2439284)   #30
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The Sprint race had been run. There's a report and the results here, but I will say no more in case people want to wait until they can watch the race.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2439286)   #31
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, fair enough Mak. I am at home on my sofa...

Crowd is not that big, although most that are there seem to be in the top level of the grandstand which is in shade so hard to see on TV.

China are having a bit of a dire season. Shame after they made so much progress last season.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2439294)   #32
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn, I was looking forward to a Carroll / Doornbos scrap. Stupid over eager fire extinguisher. oh well.. Carrol / Jani will be good too.. hope Liuzzi can haul himself up..
Old 12 Apr 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2439297)   #33
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How was Bamber's start, 11th to 7th into 1st corner
Old 12 Apr 2009, 14:16 (Ref:2439300)   #34
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
There goes my Carroll / Jani scrap, where did they get these Stewards, F1? (Drive through penalty for a jump start) (Which I didn't see)

Last edited by Steevp; 12 Apr 2009 at 14:37.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2439307)   #35
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Bamber was doing great until he crashed into the back of a relatively early breaking South Africa during a scrap that was very entertaining.. both cars out.

The consensus seems to be it was Bambers fault.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 14:36 (Ref:2439312)   #36
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
And then USA / Italy / Monaco take each other out, Monaco the innocent bystanders, A bit of an optimistic move by Liuzzi if you ask me..
Old 12 Apr 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2439314)   #37
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a little, but Andretti did make a mistake and run wide the turn before. What really bemuses me is how Ireland got a penalty and USA didn't. I know we're running F1 based cars but theres no need to base the damn rules on it too :/
Old 12 Apr 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2439316)   #38
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRenes View Post
I would be the last to disagree that Astromega seems to struggle with the car. For some reason, they can't get the setup right. Having a partner that is a no-show for some time now doesn't help either.
astromega isnt ready for the job in a1gp. a1gp isn't only about flowers and bunnies.good name of china is been slashed in motorsports cause of that team. china need innovative program provides an opportunity for chinese new racing employers and driver seekers. not this humiliation. every race is the story repeats. shame on you astromega.

great britain need a court-involved youth back on the right track. too.

usa and andretii dont match afaik.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2439321)   #39
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Aint no luck of the Irish today
Old 12 Apr 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2439322)   #40
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no, someone's got it in for the poor sods today :|

and remind me never to buy brakes from ferrari. or electrics. or gearboxes...
Old 12 Apr 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2439330)   #41
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Team China chose Astromega didn't they?

I thought the replay showed Ireland didn't jump the start, maybe he was creeping which TV didn't pick up.

The victim from Kyalami became the villian in the NZL/RSA incident I think.

I don't think you can blame Liuzzi for having a go since Marco had a wobbly moment at the previous corner.

Listening to the interview with John Martin it sounds like Ireland might be in trouble with the stewards post race...

Non stop excitement from A1GP again, in no small part due to a great circuit as well.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 15:42 (Ref:2439333)   #42
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
Non stop excitement from A1GP again, in no small part due to a great circuit as well.
True nice circuit, but where the hell were the punters. Place looked empty
Old 12 Apr 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2439336)   #43
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevp View Post
Damn, I was looking forward to a Carroll / Doornbos scrap. Stupid over eager fire extinguisher. oh well.. Carroll / Jani will be good too.. hope Liuzzi can haul himself up..
I believe there was an electrical fire, so the fire extinguisher was only doing its job.

Damn reliable, these Ferraris.

Great circuit and mostly very good racing. I guess the crowd was on the beach, although it didn't look particularly warm. Filipe Albuquerque did another good job and comes across as a thoroughly likeable young man.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 17:21 (Ref:2439368)   #44
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, some of the wiring of one of the onboard cameras caught fire in the Dutch car. I don't know if the extinguisher did it's job. It sounded like the engine was cut off because of the rise in temperature.

Anyway, our hope for the championship was cut short before we completed a lap.

I do hope that Ireland will be punished harshly for not doing their drivethrough.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2439382)   #45
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Great race. Carroll is da man! That second 'penalty' was silly. If anyone should get penalised it should be Portugal, he went far to early and caused a balls up, the others didnt stand a chance.

Portimao is a fantastic circuit. Top job!
Old 12 Apr 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2439446)   #46
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was working all day so I didn't get to see any of the action Sounds like it was an eventful afternoon in Portimao though... just two points between the top two now!
Old 12 Apr 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2439458)   #47
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
I was working all day so I didn't get to see any of the action Sounds like it was an eventful afternoon in Portimao though... just two points between the top two now!
Eventful would be an understatement!!!!
Old 12 Apr 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2439463)   #48
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought you had taken your magnet to Mondello today? Very disappointing for Carroll to be given a 25 second penalty, but it's still looking positive heading into Team Ireland's "home" race.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2439503)   #49
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great races. Shame for Carroll. The penalty for passing Australia seems a little unjust considering how slow Martin was going at the restart.

As for the replay of the first start, the inset of those lights better have been out of sync with the track picture else I'd say his jump start penalty was unwarranted to.

Still, to even rescue fifth was a very good result for Carroll considering he had two penalties.

Very unfortunate for Doornbos to not even make the starter lap. Thought these cars were based on the 2004 Ferrari, not the 1996 one
Old 12 Apr 2009, 23:40 (Ref:2439541)   #50
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Great races. Shame for Carroll. The penalty for passing Australia seems a little unjust considering how slow Martin was going at the restart.
I thought it was very unreasonable.

The root cause of the problem was Filipe Albuquerque having to take two stabs at re-starting the race when the Safety Car pulled off, which caused everyone to bunch up.

Far better to overtake someone than run into the back of them and have a major accident, as has happened in the past.