Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Apr 2009, 07:28 (Ref:2451311)   #1
Michael24
Rookie

Netherlands
Amersfoort, the Netherlands
Michael24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mexico A1GP off?

A fellow-poster ("Drrrrkkk") on the Dutch autosport.nl/forum stated that he expected the Mexico date (May 24th) to be cancelled due to the outbreak of swine fever! I think he's right! Anyone disagree?

It will make Brands Hatch the title decider!

Michael
Old 28 Apr 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2451315)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good point. Bit early to say.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2451318)   #3
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good excuse not to go. Finacially they can not afford it , and I have heard that several A1 backed team would have refused to go without paymentS owed. Brands will be interesting as I think several teams will have car transporters there!
Old 28 Apr 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2451364)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
As A1GP is based at Silverstone then Brands shouldn't be a transport problem. I do think it will be cancelled especially as the UK government are urging people not to travel to Mexico at the moment.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2451386)   #5
Mak
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
As A1GP is based at Silverstone then Brands shouldn't be a transport problem. I do think it will be cancelled especially as the UK government are urging people not to travel to Mexico at the moment.
I did not mean to take them back to A1 base! With so much owed to several teams the cars would be staying with them....
Old 28 Apr 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2451403)   #6
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
good excuse not to go. Finacially they can not afford it , and I have heard that several A1 backed team would have refused to go without paymentS owed. Brands will be interesting as I think several teams will have car transporters there!
Does not make much sense. Surely it is teams that are not backed by A1GP that would be demanding any outstanding payments. Those that are propped up by A1GP should get off their backside and look for sponsorship!

P.S. There is already a thread regarding the current season calender.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2451458)   #7
Mak
Veteran

Kiwi the teams are the service providers and not the managment of franchises. They are contracted by A1 if not run under franchise. (as quiet a few are!)
Old 28 Apr 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2451467)   #8
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.a1gp.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?newsId=43022

They are non-committal so far.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 11:31 (Ref:2451493)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Part of me would be happy to see Brands as the last round and championship decider.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2451511)   #10
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From a selfish point of view I'd love that to be the case too. After all when I ordered tickets Brands was going to be the final round. I just hope that should Mexico be cancelled and there be no venue to replace it, the decision is made before this weekend...
Old 28 Apr 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2451671)   #11
diabloA1
Racer

diabloA1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't mind Mexico getting cancelled. It would allow teams and A1GP to start preparing for season 5 earlier and do the best they can to make sure it gets off the ground properly
Old 28 Apr 2009, 17:15 (Ref:2451708)   #12
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mexico cancelled
Old 28 Apr 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2451772)   #13
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Net-Ranger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone, grettings from Mexico City

i'm agree if they decide to cancell Mexico race, Streets are empty now and, the city by now is nearly to be shutdown and i think that some light will come up in the days to come as the measures taken by health autorities here hopefully work and the outbreak start to settle down by next week.

Something that worth to say is that not all the cases have been confirnm as swain flu and that over 60% of the around 2000 people suspected have been release as they suffer another respiratory illness, like it happen to me last week, 3 days before the outbreak go public as for lucky i only catch a normal cold, things start to settle down here, however still there's a risk and people is still very freak out about this case, however be sure Mexico City citizens will overcome this.

is the race got cancel like it looks like will be, i really hope A1GP can return by season 5, it has been a tought year for everyone and well this was far beyond anyone could expect.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2451803)   #14
Mephistopheles
Rookie

Mephistopheles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cancellation of Mexico will prove to be a double edged sword for A1. Good news because money has been in short supply and they can justifiably cancel the event without any recrimination, but bad news because all the teams and suppliers owed money could use the Brands event as leverage to get what they are owed.

We are led to believe that A1 are calling in any and every favour to even get the cars and equipment delivered to the circuit tomorrow.

Lets hope Brands goes ahead in a proper fashion, for the sake of the teams and drivers at the sharp end who have made it a close run championship.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 20:58 (Ref:2451830)   #15
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave not neil View Post
Mexico cancelled
source?
Old 28 Apr 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2451833)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave not neil View Post
Mexico cancelled
Link? Apart from a negative but inconclusive article on the website?
Old 28 Apr 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2451855)   #17
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No link, but I can assure you it has been cancelled. Brands Hatch will conclude Season 4.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2452018)   #18
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is now an article on the A1GP website stating it's been cancelled, see http://www.a1gp.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?newsId=41574 - not that surprising really.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2452029)   #19
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
also on autosport. not really any choice if the Mexico city government has cancelled all public events.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2452050)   #20
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not surprised to be honest, and it's going to make this weekend an absolute cracker! Just a pity that it doesn't seem that Sky are showing the feature race live (Unless I missed it somewhere!)
Old 29 Apr 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2452055)   #21
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's live on Sky1 rather than Sky Sports. 1:30-5pm so 3 and a half hours of coverage!

1:30pm
Live British A1 GP Race Day

Race day in the Great Britain Grand Prix at Brands Hatch. Team Switzerland were the season champions last year and look strong again this term, with Team Ireland emerging as top contenders. Also in HD.

Old 29 Apr 2009, 09:15 (Ref:2452060)   #22
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv View Post
It's live on Sky1 rather than Sky Sports. 1:30-5pm so 3 and a half hours of coverage!

1:30pm
Live British A1 GP Race Day

Race day in the Great Britain Grand Prix at Brands Hatch. Team Switzerland were the season champions last year and look strong again this term, with Team Ireland emerging as top contenders. Also in HD.
lol, I'd only looked on the sports channels!
Old 29 Apr 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2452128)   #23
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cool, at least will be able to watch it then! [Don't have Sky Sports channels at home]. Thanks for that
Old 29 Apr 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2452149)   #24
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv View Post
Thanks for that, I don't think I'd have noticed otherwise!