Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 24 Mar 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1260605)   #1
Nittymaki
Racer

Nittymaki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Brc/brda Regs

Just read through the regs put on the BRDA site last night and a few things ive noticed concern me....
Maybe its just the way they are written but a few things have changes since last year and could affect us all.

In the supercar section they have now combined the different sets of super car regs and within it, they say that Slick Tyres are Prohibited!!
They also say that they could fit a restrictor to a spaceframed supercar, surely this is not good having spent money building one. Its not just that easy to fit a restrictor.
In the supermodified/modified section it mentions minimum wieght limits for all cars. Split into sections depending on engine capacity, this isn't good for spaceframed cars.
The new Harness rule from the FIA is going to cause a problme as im sure 90% of the filed don't have fia complient harnesses.

Food for thought.
Any comments.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1260742)   #2
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see any problem with banning Slicks it just brings the cars in line with euro regs.

People have known for a good two years that restrictors where on the way and I think that most of the supercars were running them near the end of last year anyway.

Minimum weights for cars is common sense as far as I'm concerned. It stops people going to the extremes of spacefreme. I don't think it will affect a spaceframes competitiveness it just means that a normally shelled car will be able to compete on a level playing field.

FIA complient harness have been the norm in Irish Rallycross for as long as I can remember so no problem for us any way.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1260774)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting to see this here.

There are debates in "Nat and Club" and "Racer's" concerning the need for FIA safety gear in all forms of club motor racing. I always thought Rallycross came under the same heading (although I realise the licencing is different).

Surely the point is well made that safety must be a priority, plus the safer you feel the more confident you can be.

As to the technical reg changes. Without going into them too deeply I assume there's been a period of notification prior to implementation as that is an MSA requirement. So I doubt these are totally new to anybody but newcomers. And of course it doesn't matter to them.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1260776)   #4
California_ahoy
Rookie

California_ahoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Typical....well that probably rules 7 or 8 cars out then already in Supercar and mods.

Cant believe they decide to issue the regs with those chges in 4 days prior to the first event.

A super duper way to upset drivers.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1260792)   #5
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Stevie A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like Roundy said, I don’t think there’ll be a problem with the tyres…….quite a few drivers are talking of doing a few euro rounds and they’ll need grooved rubber for those anyway. I do find it odd though that supermods can run slicks yet supercars can’t!

The spaceframe supercar regs seem to allow a lot of freedom in comparison with the Div 1 regs. No restrictor required, you can locate the engine wherever you want, the engine can be by any manufacturer providing it comes from a mass produced car, they can run at 1030kg instead of 1200kg and the aerodynamics allow more freedom. Problem is a spaceframed car can’t be used in RSS or Euro events.

I’m pretty sure that the minimum weights stated apply only to the modifieds and not the supermodifieds. It is funny that they only state minimum weights for upto 1600cc and 1600cc – 2000cc which are the 2 categories for modified….and the figures of 805kgs and 880kgs are also that of last years modified regs.

Many of the supermodified cars run above 2000cc anyway and therefore according to the regs they don’t have a minimum weight. Some supermodifieds only weigh 600-700 kgs………this means that they would have to carry ballast weighing upto 40% of the cars original weight.........highly unlikely if you ask me!!!

Last edited by Stevie A; 24 Mar 2005 at 15:36.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1261191)   #6
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Petter Mallet Said:
There are debates in "Nat and Club" and "Racer's" concerning the need for FIA safety gear in all forms of club motor racing. I always thought Rallycross came under the same heading (although I realise the licencing is different).
I wouldnt use anything but FIA gear, everything on me and the car is fia approved. Sure if it wasnt for the strenght of the gear (which is why its fia approved in the first place) i probably wouldnt be here!

Quote:
Many of the supermodified cars run above 2000cc anyway and therefore according to the regs they don’t have a minimum weight. Some supermodifieds only weigh 600-700 kgs………this means that they would have to carry ballast weighing upto 40% of the cars original weight.........highly unlikely if you ask me!!!
Thus the reason the current regs in europe were drawn up all those years ago!

Im sure if you look carefully at these regs you will find a loophole or something in it.

I never really got the whole Modified then Supermod thing in the uk, they should be run like ireland where its devided up into smaller classes, it just makes the whole day more fair with 1600 heats etc.. from my understanding of the british super mod you could have a 2500cc car and a 1600cc car in the same heat/class, there should be blanket classes that cover certain cars in modified not a general ambiguous class like that.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 25 Mar 2005, 00:12 (Ref:1261195)   #7
Rookie

England
Near France
206180 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The trolls have started to feed themselves in this thread !!!!!!
Old 25 Mar 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1261204)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundy Mooney
FIA complient harness have been the norm in Irish Rallycross for as long as I can remember so no problem for us any way.
I cant think of one person over here that dosnt use FIA approved stuff.

I dont see exactly how the uk is phasing out to the European Rules, it just seems like they have made more updated rules of their own. I know certainly the irish championship is starting to work towards european regs and the two normally work hand in hand ?

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..