Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 2020, 13:30 (Ref:4016924)   #126
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Great drive, although I am not a fan Lewis as a person and I rather hope he retires for the good of the sport. I am sure many TV watchers get bored with him winning all the time, but that is not his fault of course.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 14:42 (Ref:4016955)   #127
ggreen29
Racer

ggreen29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think we both know the answer to that.
Because Hamilton doesn’t do that in interviews. Hamilton may get a little salty and panicky in the car sometimes, but by the time he’s out of the car he’s regained his composure. Verstappen should learn from that.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 14:44 (Ref:4016957)   #128
ggreen29
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Lewis had to go through that too, and getting over it made him a stronger person and driver IMO.
I don’t remember Lewis being salty or sulky in interviews. I think he had an emotional maturity out of the car that Max still hasn’t attained.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 14:47 (Ref:4016961)   #129
ggreen29
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Yes the surface is slippery but it's the same for everybody so the cream should come to the top.
You turned out to be quite prophetic on this one,
Old 15 Nov 2020, 14:55 (Ref:4016968)   #130
ggreen29
Racer

Maybe it’s time for Merc to dump Bottas for Perez. Bottas can give good results, but when he loses his mojo for a day he’s hopeless. Perez’ bad days never seem to be as bad as Bottas’ bad days.

On the other hand, Perez doesn’t seem to give anyone, even teammates, elbow room. Mercedes may not like it when teammates play rough.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 16:11 (Ref:4016984)   #131
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggreen29 View Post
Maybe it’s time for Merc to dump Bottas for Perez. Bottas can give good results, but when he loses his mojo for a day he’s hopeless. Perez’ bad days never seem to be as bad as Bottas’ bad days.

On the other hand, Perez doesn’t seem to give anyone, even teammates, elbow room. Mercedes may not like it when teammates play rough.
Why would Merc do that? He’s currently second in the championship and gets close enough to hamilton over 1 lap pace to be competitive and keep Lewis on his toes. Perfect de facto number 2 driver

Seems to me Red Bull rather than Merc would benefit from Perez pushing Max a bit more and backing up the team
Old 15 Nov 2020, 16:28 (Ref:4016986)   #132
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Seems to me Red Bull rather than Merc would benefit from Perez pushing Max a bit more and backing up the team
Perez did a bit more than just push Verstappen today!!! Certainly it was a performance that ought to get the Red Bull lot thinking...
Old 15 Nov 2020, 16:30 (Ref:4016987)   #133
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
See, i dont know about anyone else but even though Hamilton won yet again this time it felt really satisfying. All i want from F1 is a challenge, drivers to have to work hard, earn their results and while they do, do that to a certain extent it often feels when Hamilton wins that he can just cruise off into the distance without having to worry about all that much. Today was different, it was refreshing. I want to see them show their skill, their judgement, their mental strength and today we saw that from most of them. Id put this drive by Hamilton as one of his best. Its hard to rank them but for sure top 5 of his career imo.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 16:38 (Ref:4016988)   #134
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wish i had got to watch this live with the forum.

Fun fun race!
Old 15 Nov 2020, 17:56 (Ref:4017012)   #135
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It goes to show that Bernie was on the right track when he suggested having sprinklers by the side of every circuit.The changing conditions really made it a test for the whole team.I hope we have been reassured that Sebastian Vettel still knows how to drive when he is equipped with a car that works.

Did anybody else notice how much the T-wing on the Hamilton Mercedes was flexing in the latter part of the race?
Old 15 Nov 2020, 17:59 (Ref:4017013)   #136
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Bad day for max, definitely didnt allow my posts to age well....

Nothing to say except great drive by hamilton. Vettel did great too.

Albon shows he doesn't deserve red bull ride yet again. One less stop, less spins that I saw than verstappen, yet still behind him.

Still can't believe anyone is trying to rewrite history about hamilton not being petulant or sulking when he was max' age. There's plenty of evidence of it easily findable.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 18:40 (Ref:4017022)   #137
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great race to watch. Hamilton was simply sublime. He really did make everybody else look very ordinary today. There was a discussion earlier in the thread about replacing Bottas with Perez. I confess I'd be tempted. Bottas was close to embarrassing today. The only times we saw him he was spinning.... Felt sorry for Lance, he seemed to have the race under control but the team stuffed him with that pit call. Great drive by Checo. And although I'm not fan of his, I was actually really pleased to see Vettel up on the podium. His congratulations to Lewis in the car (and his comments after the race) were class.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 18:57 (Ref:4017041)   #138
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Agreed Bottas must have blotted his copy book today, hopefully the driver line up for next season will see some changes and perhaps chances in competitive cars for some new drivers.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:09 (Ref:4017051)   #139
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Did Bottas get damage after hitting Ocon, or was there no explanation for his awful lack of pace compared with this teammate.

And for goodness sake, please can someone give Perez a drive for next season.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:11 (Ref:4017053)   #140
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Did Bottas get damage after hitting Ocon, or was there no explanation for his awful lack of pace compared with this teammate.

He did sustain damage.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:15 (Ref:4017055)   #141
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That doesn’t surprise me, the damage must have hobbled him somewhat. Even then, a really bad performance from Bottas, he was all at sea and that’s no overstatement
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:18 (Ref:4017057)   #142
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post

It would be bordering on the absurd (even by F1 standards) for Perez not to have a drive next season. If he was a young up n'coming hotshoe, we'd been raving about him....
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:18 (Ref:4017058)   #143
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That doesn’t surprise me, the damage must have hobbled him somewhat. Even then, a really bad performance from Bottas, he was all at sea and that’s no overstatement
He spun six times and the damage made it difficult to drive, due to an issue with the alignment of his steering wheel.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...mage-and-spins
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:31 (Ref:4017069)   #144
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He spun six times and the damage made it difficult to drive, due to an issue with the alignment of his steering wheel.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...mage-and-spins
Which was self inflicted by running into Ocon on his second spin....
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:38 (Ref:4017074)   #145
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Which was self inflicted by running into Ocon on his second spin....
I thought the contact with Ocon caused both to spin?
Old 15 Nov 2020, 20:02 (Ref:4017076)   #146
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It did, but as I read it, Bottas confessed that it was his error.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 20:26 (Ref:4017083)   #147
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It did, but as I read it, Bottas confessed that it was his error.
They were very treacherous conditions and even Hamilton nearly went off.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 01:48 (Ref:4017148)   #148
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know some of you like to see masterclass drives, but I couldn't care to see Lulu win yet again.

We still talk about underdog wins like Panis, Vettel in the TR, Gasly this year, Maldonado at Spain. Because they're exciting and memorable. Do we remember that Lewis won that same Spanish GP 5 times, and the Italian GP 5 times. Does anyone remember ANY of those victories?

No one gives a damn because he's won 93 others and will likely reach 100 before he retires.

This WAS an exciting race and would have been memorable, but in the end it's just another good job by Lewis in clearly the best car while his team mate puts in the kind of drive that looks like he doesn't even belong in F1. Lewis pulled out 30 seconds on the field in the last 20 laps on old tyres. That's not just a good drive, the car just was that much better and not using its tyres as much as others. He couldn't overtake to save himself, but as soon as he got clean air, he was gone.

We could have had a classic GP today with Perez fighting across the line (or last corner) with Leclerc, Vettel, Sainz all finishing nose-to-tail. And we'll all be excited about F1 again with a finish straight out of the Moto GP playbook. Instead it's another domination by Lewis, complaining about Merc's worst qualifying ever and they're in big trouble, the guy who would rather see more African-Americans in F1 than win another championship. That's cool Lewis, the title obviously doesn't mean that much to you anymore so why don't you retire and start a young driver recruitment agency.

Even Vettel winning would have been quite good, because for sure it'll be his last F1 win.

As for the others, Max really looked rubbish in this race, yet still beats Albon. What the hell is Albon doing out there? He should be better than this.

Sainz and Leclerc remarkable come-backs. How does Sainz end up only 2 secs behind Perez? It'll be good to see what he can do in the Ferrari next year. And Leclerc beating Vettel when at one stage he was 10 positions behind him.

Feel sorry for Stroll being thrown on inters again with the car clearly terrible on them on a drying track. He'd out-performed Perez up to this point, taking the pole and pulling away early on quite convincingly, and yet Stroll is supposed to be the pay-driver only in F1 because of daddy. If Perez is really that good, he should be far ahead of Stroll. If FI didn't call Stroll into the pits then he possibly would have finished ahead of Perez. Is Perez deserving of a RB seat?
Old 16 Nov 2020, 02:09 (Ref:4017149)   #149
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately sport will always favor those who are better at it.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 07:42 (Ref:4017168)   #150
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Bottas got the better of the start but somehow that meant he was worse off again!

Nice to see a lack of sympathy itt about it.
Closed Thread