Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 3 Dec 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4188130)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Predictions Contest 2023 - Final Round - Final Standings

Congratulations to our new double world champion, Born Racer Fan!

I shall have to rename myself Born Racer Fan Fan.

Beau2 put up a really good battle all season long and only slightly reduced the final margin with dropped scores.

Congrats to rika on the Abu Dhabi win too and harsh luck to Gnussi, who was close to a win, grabbing 15 points for the 20 finishers, but not quite making it to a victory this season, although he did very well in the championship.

Thanks to everyone for taking part. It's been a blast.

Just to inform you, the reason for the secret predictions in the last round was to avoid anyone duplicating other people's for strategic reasons (for instance, if someone only needed to copy a rival's predictions to hold position, they might do that). It also added a fun element, I thought.

I welcome all feedback on the competition, good or bad. I look forward to seeing you join us next year and hopefully even more people will too. Spread the word!

I don't think Mrs Born Racer will be wanting my champion's mug. Apparently she wants some other gift!

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Results

1. Verstappen
2. Leclerc
3. Russell
4. PĂ©rez
5. Norris
6. Piastri
7. Alonso
8. Tsunoda
9. Hamilton
10. Stroll

Qualifying
1. Verstappen
2. Leclerc
3. Piastri

Fastest lap: Red Bull
Fastest pit stop: Ferrari
Weather: Dry
formula1.com Driver of the Day: Tsunoda
Driver of the Grand Prix: Tsunoda
Team of the Grand Prix: Mercedes & McLaren
Rate the Grand Prix: 3 & 6 (mode) & 5 (mean, rounded up from 4.75).
Number of finishers: 20
Number of pit stops: 2

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Predictions Contest Results

1. rika - 101
2. Gnussi - 94
3. steve_r - 91
4. smellysocks - 88
= Born Racer Fan - 88
6. Born Racer - 84
7. Aysedasi - 81
8. Beau2 - 77
9. TrapezeArtist - 76
10. Teretonga - 75
11. wolfhound - 74
12. Notso Swift - 69
13. TCT - 66
14. crmalcolm - 65

Final Championship Standings (with dropped scores calculated)

1. Born Racer Fan - 1792
2. Beau2 - 1689
3. Gnussi - 1655
4. smellysocks - 1653
5. Notso Swift - 1623
6. steve_r - 1622
7. Born Racer - 1613
8. wolfhound - 1581
9. TrapezeArtist - 1552
10. rika - 1535
11. Teretonga - 1439
12. Aysedasi - 1288
13. crmalcolm - 1183
14. BTCC frog - 1110
15. TCT - 1031

Points summary (total points):

1. Born Racer Fan - 2180
2. Beau2 - 2063
3. Gnussi - 2024
4. Notso Swift - 1971
5. Born Racer - 1934
6. steve_r - 1929
7. TrapezeArtist - 1857
8. smellysocks - 1752
9. Teretonga - 1746
10. wolfhound - 1644
11. rika - 1745
12. Aysedasi - 1585
13. crmalcolm - 1371
14. BTCC frog - 1203
15. TCT - 1031

Number of wins in 2023

Born Racer Fan - 6

Beau2 - 4

rika - 3

TrapezeArtist - 2
Notso Swift - 2

wolfhound - 1
Born Racer - 1
BTCC frog - 1
steve_r - 1
smellysocks - 1
crmalcolm - 1

Winners by event

Bahrain: Beau2
Saudi Arabia: Beau2
Australia: wolfhound
Azerbaijan: rika
Miami: Born Racer
Monaco: Beau2
Spain: Born Racer Fan
Canada: BTCC frog & Born Racer Fan
Austria: Notso Swift
Britain: steve_r
Hungary: smellysocks
Belgium: crmalcolm
The Netherlands: TrapezeArtist
Italy: Born Racer Fan
Singapore: rika
Japan: Born Racer Fan
Qatar: TrapezeArtist
United States: Beau2
Mexico: Born Racer Fan
Brazil: Born Racer Fan
Las Vegas: Notso Swift
Abu Dhabi: rika

Merry Christmas, All.
Old 3 Dec 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4188133)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Born Racer Fan..... And thanks to you Born Racer Fan Fan for running the compo!

As for me - must do better.......
Old 4 Dec 2023, 09:56 (Ref:4188207)   #3
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Thanks for this. It was a fun. I
Old 4 Dec 2023, 10:29 (Ref:4188211)   #4
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Congratulations to Born Racer Fan and thank you for the competition, I enjoy it. This year, my title defence was dreadful, as for some reason I just missed a load of rounds mid-season but wasn't going to win anyway. I will try to give it a better challenge in 2024.

And I do have a suggestion for a rule change, if you like it. Currently the points are added up for each round to get an overall score, but perhaps it could be altered so that it is done on positions, so you get 25 points for winning a round, 18 for second down to 1 for tenth for each Grand Prix, and no points after that? And then there wouldn't be so much need for the dropped scores.
Old 13 Dec 2023, 23:43 (Ref:4188970)   #5
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was only 2 points out of a podium finish! So close. Gnussi passed me for that podium in the final race.

Thanks for running the competition Born Racer.
Old 14 Dec 2023, 09:53 (Ref:4188995)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was so close. Another 505 points and I'd have had the lot of you!
Old 14 Dec 2023, 14:25 (Ref:4189013)   #7
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I was so close. Another 505 points and I'd have had the lot of you!
Is that you, Sergio?
Old 14 Dec 2023, 20:34 (Ref:4189045)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Is that you, Sergio?
Not sure, I'll have to chec.....o.......
Old 27 Feb 2024, 23:32 (Ref:4198580)   #9
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thanks running this Born Racer. It always is a good bit of fun. I think I was 3rd in 2022, 2nd in 2023. Will 2024 be my year

Are there going to be any rule changes for the 2024 edition?
Old 28 Feb 2024, 10:05 (Ref:4198620)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
Thanks running this Born Racer. It always is a good bit of fun. I think I was 3rd in 2022, 2nd in 2023. Will 2024 be my year

Are there going to be any rule changes for the 2024 edition?
Yep. Forum members with a username starting with 'A' get an extra 50 points each race.

(It's the only way I'm going to win anything as I just can't face putting Max's name down to win everything.... ).