Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 8 Nov 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2983182)   #2551
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
I would really like to try the food there....I cant wait to order the BUMPER Fries, as I said earlier, a portion of hot WINGS, throw a steak on the radiator GRILL, a QUARTer pounder and a side of onion RINGS hey, do they do snake Al? Id like to try the German snake...now...er......whats it called.....oh yes...I remember ..the VINSCREEN VIPER, can you ALTERNATE dishes?
Old 8 Nov 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2983183)   #2552
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
I would really like to try the food there....I cant wait to order the BUMPER Fries, as I said earlier, a portion of hot WINGS, throw a steak on the radiator GRILL, a QUARTer pounder and a side of onion RINGS hey, do they do snake Al? Id like to try the German snake...now...er......whats it called.....oh yes...I remember ..the VINSCREEN VIPER, can you ALTERNATE dishes?
Steady Claire, Steady...
Old 8 Nov 2011, 16:33 (Ref:2983196)   #2553
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Claire's post is rather pithy.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2983202)   #2554
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I did say at the start of the year we should have an 10/10ths recipee thread.Just as an exersise Al have you got on the scales.We could have bets on how much weight you put on.BTW when are you guys going to get to the track..
PS not boffered with spelling check as it all seems to of gone out the window.
Tut Tut.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2983211)   #2555
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Claire's post is rather pithy.
Pith-y [pith-ee]

1. Brief, forceful, and meaniful in expression; full of vigor, substance, or meaning; terse; forcible; a pithy observation

you sure Mr mallett? moi? forceful? meaniful?
Old 8 Nov 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2983213)   #2556
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Al have you got on the scales.We could have bets on how much weight you put on.

BTW when are you guys going to get to the track..
Ask Cliff about putting weight on over there... Despite those fantastic Portugese pizzas you found Iain, have managed to survive Algarve and all those truck stops without any extra for the little Delta to carry around!

And yes, our representatives in the US of A don't seem to be taking the racing very seriously
Old 8 Nov 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2983226)   #2557
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When we we're racing at Daytona we lived on Dunkin Doughnuts as that was the only place open en route from hotel to the track. Donuts for breakfast & lunch. The lack of food outlets inside the circuit was surprising.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 8 Nov 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2983228)   #2558
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Not told you this but me and Mrs Delta plus the kids went to Daytona to watch the racing way back in 1998.We had no tickets,no info,not a clue where to go ect ect. Just tuned up and were treated just fantastic!!!. All the marshalls were just so helpfull on the gates and with the car parking.The kids had name tags put on and we were shown to our seats.The atmosphere was wonderfull and the race fans so freindly. We still keep in touch now with some freinds we made out there.
Funny when I told them about my little team back here they were well impressed and said that in the USA my job title would be " CREW CHIEF"!!!!.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2983261)   #2559
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain, are you sure they didn't say Brew Chief?
Old 8 Nov 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2983287)   #2560
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 02:37 (Ref:2983375)   #2561
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just spent a couple of days bombing around The Villages retirement resort in a golf cart - surreal but good fun. Heading over to Daytona tomorrow

Mike I'm putting on the pound a day I always do here

Iain - I was spectating at the Historic meeting @ Daytona in 1998 too - small world!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 06:42 (Ref:2983423)   #2562
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Just spent a couple of days bombing around The Villages retirement resort in a golf cart - surreal but good fun. Heading over to Daytona tomorrow

Mike I'm putting on the pound a day I always do here

Retirement village? Golf cart? Arghhhhh!!!!! Cliff, what's happening to you?

Mmmm, pound a day- I could double my weight in a couple of weeks then...
Old 9 Nov 2011, 06:43 (Ref:2983424)   #2563
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thank you Mr H. BTW rang Mallory yesterday and they have stopped testing now untill next Feb.
Cliff, were you sitting in VIP seats as well Also BTW I hope Al does not where his Captain America uniform
Old 9 Nov 2011, 07:15 (Ref:2983430)   #2564
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Pith-y [pith-ee]

1. Brief, forceful, and meaniful in expression; full of vigor, substance, or meaning; terse; forcible; a pithy observation

you sure Mr mallett? moi? forceful? meaniful?
Sorry, spellchecker. Substitute two of the letters for "s".
Old 9 Nov 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2983481)   #2565
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Old 9 Nov 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2983498)   #2566
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
Iain, are you sure they didn't say Brew Chief?
Old 9 Nov 2011, 11:02 (Ref:2983514)   #2567
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looked at the map showing members on line - no-one where I am (Southern Costa Blanca near Orihuela). This just confirms what I have come to believe, I am invisible! Most noticeable when trying to arrange a pre/post race interview
Old 9 Nov 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2983534)   #2568
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mike, The Villages is a huge 80 sq mile complex of retirement homes just like Disney (Stepford) for the over 55s with loads of golf courses & the biggest pick up bar in Florida - you'd fit right in

No Iain, we were with the hoi polloi in the infield - but you can't have everything

BTW did I mention we're of to Daytona this morning to unload the car @ midday ready for practice tomorrow
Old 9 Nov 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2983546)   #2569
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Ha ha, over 55's tell me about it! For the first time in my life I got an OaP's discount yesterday when we vsited the Kennedy Space Centre, she asked if I was over 55, I said yes and she knocked $4 off the entry! Seems 55 is the new 65 over here.

Claire in the Cruisin Bar Alligator tails were on the menu would that do instead of snae.

Cliff will meet you at the track at 12am local time.

Wayne, blimey where were you staying mate, there are places to eat every few hundred yards in the drive up South Atlantic way up to Speedway Boulevard! I am just gonna try a yankee breakfast in the Cracked Egg cafe right opposite the hotel. Actually I havnt been eating that much since overhere just in the evenings today I will make an exception.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2983562)   #2570
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Mike, The Villages is a huge 80 sq mile complex of retirement homes just like Disney (Stepford) for the over 55s with loads of golf courses & the biggest pick up bar in Florida - you'd fit right in

BTW did I mention we're of to Daytona this morning to unload the car @ midday ready for practice tomorrow
Oooh goody, a pick up bar! F150s, Dodge Rams etc?

'Bout time you got to the racing bit, we are all waiting with baited breath......

On a different note, just watched HD TV for first time as it got here today. WOW, hope it ultimately includes motorsport coverage.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 13:41 (Ref:2983564)   #2571
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow,HD TV eh? Was it last week they did away with Gas Lighting over there Mike?

Dont get too excited about HD,you might be disappointed.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 14:05 (Ref:2983574)   #2572
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Ha ha, over 55's tell me about it! For the first time in my life I got an OaP's discount yesterday when we vsited the Kennedy Space Centre, she asked if I was over 55, I said yes and she knocked $4 off the entry! Seems 55 is the new 65 over here.
I'll remember that. I'm paying a visit next year
Old 9 Nov 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2983578)   #2573
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Wow,HD TV eh? Was it last week they did away with Gas Lighting over there Mike?

Dont get too excited about HD,you might be disappointed.

Not so far, but new TV probably helps as well!

Broadband is way faster here than was up north of county, so now I can upload vids onto YouTube! Will have to start using in-car seriously next year.

Gas lighting? Apparently Snetterton may get electricity in the paddock soon......
Old 9 Nov 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2983581)   #2574
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
.....Gas lighting? Apparently Snetterton may get electricity in the paddock soon......
Yes Mike, but when they say electricity in the paddock that only means from one car battery shared between the competitors!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 14:27 (Ref:2983584)   #2575
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
I'll remember that. I'm paying a visit next year
Another thing Alan, take your passport if you want to do the gantry tour, I didnt and had to do the slightly more expensive grand tour, maybe they are still worried about Russian spies!!!! Actually thinking about it, how did she know I was British to ask for my passport, note to self, stop wearing knotted hankerchief on head and dark socks under sandels in hot climates!