Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2994692)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Historic Festival

Now in its third year.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3065713)   #2
benny84
Rookie

United Kingdom
Essex, England
benny84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Donington Historic Festival 5th/6th May 2012

Provisional entry list has been put on the HSCC website - some really interesting machinery and strong entry lists with top historic racers.

Should be a cracking weekend!

http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Pro...List%20DHF.pdf
Old 26 Apr 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3065754)   #3
Middle_BBG
Racer

Middle_BBG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to marshalling at this meeting. Looking like a great weekend.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3065878)   #4
Bishop Ranter
Racer

United Kingdom
Whittlebury
Bishop Ranter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am busy working on the bottom end of my Riley Brooklands which I will be racing with my 17 year old 2nd cousin Ben Cooke. It will be Ben's first race.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3065896)   #5
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been trying to decide between this and the 360 at Snett (last year I went to the 360 and then had the second day at Donington but they totally overlap this year). Will probably go to Donington on Saturday as I would particularly like to see the pre-War sportscars and the 1000Km races.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3065915)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I think it'll be Saturday for me as i'm on a sesh in the evening so won't feel too clever Sunday morning!!

Plenty of qualifying and race action on either day.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3065919)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I think it'll be Saturday for me as i'm on a sesh in the evening so won't feel too clever Sunday morning.

Some good grids, hope weather gods shine on you all! I'll be at Snetterton where the sun always shines.....
Old 26 Apr 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3065921)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Some good grids, hope weather gods shine on you all! I'll be at Snetterton where the sun always shines.....
Ah ha! We'll have to catch up at a later meeting then Mr Bell?
Old 26 Apr 2012, 20:28 (Ref:3065933)   #9
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
Andy 308GTB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny84 View Post
Provisional entry list has been put on the HSCC website - some really interesting machinery and strong entry lists with top historic racers.

Should be a cracking weekend!

http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Pro...List%20DHF.pdf

That's some line up.

Lola T70's

Ferrari 250SWB's Maserati 250F Group C's ............

Interesting to see that the McInerney's of Britcar fame are competing in a Lotus Cortina.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3066058)   #10
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there ; glad to see this meeting has got it's own thread at last ! As low level contributor but hi level 'lurker' as Iain called me when we met a Monza last year, I wondered if you guys had something against Donington !!

Anyway, I'll be there in the U2TC event, Cortina No.60, and we'll be there from Thurs morning onwards for the test day, them hanging around until Sunday evening, as we are the last race on the program, so please feel free to drop by & say hi.

Let's hope for some good weather, not the c**p we've got at the moment.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3066061)   #11
benny84
Rookie

United Kingdom
Essex, England
benny84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's great Bishop Ranter - I'll keep an eye out for you in the Pre-War race!
Old 27 Apr 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3066090)   #12
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like a long day on the Saturday for everyone. I hope there's enough of us orange mob to be able to go and have a snooze at some point, or Sunday will be a real struggle!

Very much looking forward to this though.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3066099)   #13
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unless I mis-counted - 31 entries for the HF2 races. Astonishing.

Some rapid drivers in there as well. Should be interesting.

Frank Synter back and a couple of other well known names on driving duties.

Something for everyone.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3066271)   #14
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent entry list, looking forward to seeing them in action on Sunday
Old 29 Apr 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3067019)   #15
Bishop Ranter
Racer

United Kingdom
Whittlebury
Bishop Ranter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny84 View Post
That's great Bishop Ranter - I'll keep an eye out for you in the Pre-War race!
Please come and find us in the paddock. We will have the only Riley Brooklands in the field.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3067028)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy. I will be at Snetterton this weekend.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3067048)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Shame you won't be there but have fun at Snett!

I hope we can meet up at another event where you'll be running the Capri later in the year?
Old 2 May 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3068305)   #18
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still hoping to make this one on the Saturday (only) but won't know until Friday morning probably. Weather not looking brilliant - cloudy & cool (so possibly not great light for photography) but hopefully dry. Not cheap though is it - I think it's £25 on the day?

By the way, have Donington started to restrict people driving in from the main road 'paddock entrance'? I was there a couple of weeks ago and security were sending public cars trying to get in that way via the 'main entrance' and the long un-made roadway (which is not very tyre or windscreen friendly these days). Went to a few events last year and just drove in off the main road via the paddock entrance gate and parked on the grass / public car-park. Seems they might have changed this?
Old 2 May 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3068365)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Shame you won't be there but have fun at Snett!

I hope we can meet up at another event where you'll be running the Capri later in the year?
Sorry just spotted this. We're entered for the Slverstone and Oulton Park rounds of the JDC.
Old 2 May 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3068376)   #20
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Still hoping to make this one on the Saturday (only) but won't know until Friday morning probably. Weather not looking brilliant - cloudy & cool (so possibly not great light for photography) but hopefully dry. Not cheap though is it - I think it's £25 on the day?

By the way, have Donington started to restrict people driving in from the main road 'paddock entrance'? I was there a couple of weeks ago and security were sending public cars trying to get in that way via the 'main entrance' and the long un-made roadway (which is not very tyre or windscreen friendly these days). Went to a few events last year and just drove in off the main road via the paddock entrance gate and parked on the grass / public car-park. Seems they might have changed this?
When I went to the HSCC meet they let me in, I did have a pass (not paddock) though. I parked on the grass at the crossroads by security.

I may be there on Sunday, on the spanners, or hopefully not!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 2 May 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3068441)   #21
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When I went to the HSCC meet they let me in
...you obviously mentioned that you'd had a Delta Tea invite!
Old 4 May 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3069431)   #22
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like it's going to be crisp & chilly with sunny intervals and a chance of showers on both days. So that's thermals, shades, sun cream *and* waterproofs needed then!

See y'all tomorrow.
Old 4 May 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3069499)   #23
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spent most of yesterday organizing the redelivery of ale for the fire engine bar after our customer gave us an address in Surrey. There was mild (no pun) panic when they thought they'd shlepped the thing all the way to Donington & had no beer. All is well however, so make sure you have a pint of Spitfire on my behalf
Old 5 May 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3069581)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

I'm going in a mo!

I'll be loitering around the XJS and Vitesse's if anyone fancies a natter!!
Old 5 May 2012, 20:09 (Ref:3069999)   #25
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Brrrrrrr. Cold and very very busy.