Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2994776)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Masters Racing Series

GP Circuit races for the Masters Team.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3054512)   #2
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who is going to Barcelona? I will be there with the McLaren. Not in WSM this time but in the new Can Am Interseries event. I have fitted a set of GoodYear Bluestreak tyres, like the car ran in period.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3054546)   #3
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
Who is going to Barcelona? I will be there with the McLaren. Not in WSM this time but in the new Can Am Interseries event. I have fitted a set of GoodYear Bluestreak tyres, like the car ran in period.
Hello Marcus, I'm arriving on Friday late to report the weekend for www.retro-speed.co.uk. Will look forward to saying hello. We have report and images from Donington yesterday if you fancy a read.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 17:44 (Ref:3054566)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be getting there Thursday pm. Looking forward to first visit to Barcelona or Circuit de Cataluyna!

Hope the rain that the Renault World Series boys experienced testing there this week will be long gone......

Old 10 Apr 2012, 06:03 (Ref:3056185)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope all goes as planned boys,had hoped to be coming to this one but have other commitments now. Marcus,are Goodyear now making the BlueStreak again?
Excellent in the wet as I remember.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3059312)   #6
Christian Devereux
Rookie

United Kingdom
London W4
Christian Devereux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anybody is stuck for last minute transport, we have 15' and 1000kg available, leaving doom on Wednesday from Dover.
The car would have to be in Battle, E. Sussex, sometime Tuesday.
We'll have space for wheels etc as well.
See you down there!
Old 17 Apr 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3061103)   #7
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I will be taking pictures on Sat/Sun, if anyone wants any extra help let me know. Don't mind getting hands dirty.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 14:58 (Ref:3061532)   #8
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrognome View Post
I will be taking pictures on Sat/Sun, if anyone wants any extra help let me know. Don't mind getting hands dirty.
Are you taking photos out on the track? If so I will be needing some, if only to prove I was there.. perhaps you can drop in (pit 34) and leave me a card.
Marcus
Old 18 Apr 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3061534)   #9
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sorry that I can't be there but I hope you all have a great, successful and safe meeting.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3061582)   #10
retrognome
Racer

Quote:
Are you taking photos out on the track? If so I will be needing some, if only to prove I was there.. perhaps you can drop in (pit 34) and leave me a card.
Marcus
Hello Marcus, and I will be out on circuit. look forward to saying hello, maybe even persuade you to carry a Team Retro-Speed sticker.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 05:28 (Ref:3062439)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
My truck now named 'Big Blue' got us and 3 cars safely and quickly down here first thing yesterday! Great to be one first in and have space to get cars in garage without a bunfight. Any tenthers down here we are in garage 34.

While definitely warmer than UK not scorchio like it was last year apparantly. Free practice today, hopefully dry as I will be on pit wall!

Found a little cantina / cafeteria on an industrial estate close to circuit- Best Spanish food have ever tasted! Hope can find it again....
Old 23 Apr 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3064066)   #12
retrognome
Racer

Quote:
Marcus
Hi Marcus and well done on your 6th place, it could easily have been fourth! It was great meeting up and learning about the car. Will post some images later today after I have finished report. A job that like dishwashing, only starts when the party is over.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3064340)   #13
retrognome
Racer

Images From Barcelona

Quote:
Hi Marcus and well done on your 6th place, it could easily have been fourth! It was great meeting up and learning about the car. Will post some images later today after I have finished report. A job that like dishwashing, only starts when the party is over.
Here goes and btw there is a full report on www.retro-speed.co.uk with gallery to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Masters Catalunya 2012 511.jpg   Masters Catalunya 2012 495.jpg   Masters Catalunya 2012 488.jpg  

Old 23 Apr 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3064435)   #14
retrognome
Racer

Mickey Thompson Moon-Eyes

One more image of the McLaren showing the original Moon Eyes on its backside.
Attached Thumbnails
Masters Catalunya 2012 134.jpg  
Old 24 Apr 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3064769)   #15
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
One more image of the McLaren showing the original Moon Eyes on its backside.
Just love your photo! The car looks good on the Good Year tyres.

Here it was at Las Vegas in 1966

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 24 Apr 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3064878)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Great pictures, Peter! Good to meet you and put a face to the name. Possibly last time we were within talking distance was on Great Orme when it was a stage on Tour B, but I was concentrating hard at the time!

Marcus, I can confirm the car is almost home, as am just waiting for Bob from AB's to meet me at this service area. I'll give him the cardboard from underneath as well....
Old 24 Apr 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3064929)   #17
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Great pictures, Peter! Good to meet you and put a face to the name. Possibly last time we were within talking distance was on Great Orme when it was a stage on Tour B, but I was concentrating hard at the time!

Marcus, I can confirm the car is almost home, as am just waiting for Bob from AB's to meet me at this service area. I'll give him the cardboard from underneath as well....
How was breakfast?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3065073)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
How was breakfast?
Hah! Sore point. We were determined to get the 0745 ferry but got held up queuing at P&O check in etc. (Even more crap than it used to be.) Finished up on the 0850 boat and guess what- NO LANGANS !!!!!!

My letter of complaint to P&O will be in the post tomorrow....
Old 24 Apr 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3065090)   #19
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Finished up on the 0850 boat and guess what- NO LANGANS !!!!!!

My letter of complaint to P&O will be in the post tomorrow....
A man after my own heart . You have to be careful - not every P & O ship has them so you have to pick your time carefully and, like you, I have been upset by being transferred to a 'non Langans' ship.