Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 4 Jul 2004, 09:26 (Ref:1025519)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stickers

Following on from the patch thread I thought I'd post a cool (and not so cool?) stickers thread. Basically I have a couple of newly purchased stickers and thought I'd show them off. Hopefully to see some cool ones in return!

I've not stuck them yet...

Would it be possible for Ayse to make this thread a sticky?

Last edited by Adam43; 4 Jul 2004 at 09:28.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 10:48 (Ref:1025572)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both very cool Mr Ashmore!

Shameless plug alert once again, but we've got loads of old stickers at work. My particular faves are the Marlboro event stickers from the 70's and 80's: Stickers
Old 4 Jul 2004, 11:02 (Ref:1025587)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Marly ones are top! I also like this one http://www.tsf1.com/assets/product_images/STK130.jpg
Old 4 Jul 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1025864)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Stickers

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

Would it be possible for Ayse to make this thread a sticky?

Absolutely!
Old 4 Jul 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1025899)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Old 5 Jul 2004, 04:22 (Ref:1026341)   #6
Big Mac
Racer

Big Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got quite a few old Marlboro event stickers from McLaren in 1980. Looks like they may be worth something!!
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:19 (Ref:1028274)   #7
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not to sound thick, but are these stickers like vynl or somethign? Sorry if I do sound stupid, I'm only fourteen!
Old 6 Jul 2004, 18:21 (Ref:1028356)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not stupid at all.... if we were afraid to ask, we'd never find anything out.....

Normally these stickers (and bear in mind I haven't obtained many for some time) normally some kind of plasticised coating although I guess this falls short of vinyl. I've got a few collected from Le Mans over the years - but they were all given to me as freebies. Adam's look rather more impressive.......
Old 6 Jul 2004, 23:41 (Ref:1028681)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The Le Mans stickers were excellent. Those long ones that were the norm from late '80s until mid '90s were great. I remember seeing many people who went in the same car collect them. They fell out of favour with the ACO, I guess, and the ACO experimented with different shapes and sizes.

Anyway. FerrariFanatic. Mostly they are vinyl (or equivalent). The sort of thing you can stick to you car and they last. Basically not paper based, which would fade.

My examples above are bought - 6 euros! Crickey (for what they are!). However I have craved a Nurburgring sticker forever. Before it goes on the car (which must have been roung the track otherwise it isn't worthy!) I will remove the writting so only hte track layout remains. If you don't know you it doesn't matter to you!

I'd like to scan all those Le Mans stickers in for this thread, but they are stuck to the garage window!
Old 7 Jul 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1029177)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I agree about those LM "annual" stickers. I know they still do the smaller ones these days but there was something about the long ones - same format each year - only the colour would change occasionally. Shame they dropped that format.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 17:55 (Ref:1029475)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
IIRC someone else produced an unofficial 'long one' for a couple of years after.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1040687)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keep them in the packet, they may grow in value.

I'd never put a sticker of any sort on my car.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 21:08 (Ref:1040736)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I'll keep the car in the garage too, just in case
Old 21 Jul 2004, 18:09 (Ref:1042365)   #14
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We put all of ours on our trailer :S
http://www.marshalspost.com/images/tmp/big3Ia4_U.jpg
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 22 Jul 2004, 17:25 (Ref:1043676)   #15
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i found an original JPS 1977 British Grand Prix sticker in an old autosport
Old 22 Jul 2004, 18:11 (Ref:1043727)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Wow, a find...
Old 27 Jul 2004, 07:19 (Ref:1048455)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excellent. Ebay here I come.......
Old 27 Jul 2004, 08:01 (Ref:1048479)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I've bought a couple of Silk Cut stickers from ebay. It's a great place isn't it.

You could go crazy though...
Old 28 Jul 2004, 06:22 (Ref:1049472)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stickers are my favorite piece of motorsport memorabilia to collect. Why? They are usually inexpensive, easy to store or display and there are a million different variations.

I used to have about 1000 racing stickers of all types, but sold off the excess last year on ebay. Mostly what I collect is australian motorsport stickers and am always looking for more. Probably the prize in my collection is an original Mercedes motorsport michael schumacher dtm merc 190 sticker from one of the few races he did in the dtm.
Old 28 Jul 2004, 07:10 (Ref:1049492)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I know excessive use of pics tends to be frowned upon, but I must admit I'd quite like to see some pics of the more interesting or rare examples that everyone has?
Old 15 Aug 2004, 19:15 (Ref:1067326)   #21
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have a sticker from one of the first race weekends of Mondello Park's excistence!