Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Oct 2000, 19:03 (Ref:40824)   #1
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beautiful car. Looks like the current one, only swoopier and better. Check it out.

http://www.supersportscarworld.com/c...000/plm016.htm

Kinda reminds me of Cruella de Ville's car in the animated version of "101 Dalmations." Hopefully, it'll be a car that will be able to take the fight to the Audis.
Old 4 Oct 2000, 03:32 (Ref:40879)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks kind of swishy to me - and they forgot to note the most important thing: "WILL IT MAKE THAT PANOZ SOUND?"

Pretty car, yes. Let's hope it is a little bit faster than the current model.
Old 4 Oct 2000, 18:56 (Ref:41039)   #3
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree on that it's a real Panoz but I need to get used to it. I liked the solidness of the last one.
Old 5 Oct 2000, 06:22 (Ref:41159)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
looks very slick, is david brabham driving again in 2001...
Old 5 Oct 2000, 06:47 (Ref:41166)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read today that it will make its debut at Adelaide this year, and will be available to customers after Le Mans.
Old 5 Oct 2000, 19:07 (Ref:41295)   #6
BMWRacerITS
Rookie

BMWRacerITS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't expect it to sound like the Panoz of old. The new OHC 4.0 liter engine that Panoz is developing won't sound anything like the pushrod 6 liter that is in the current car.

According to folks I have spoken to who are "in the know" in sports car racing, if Panoz had decided to develop a traditional mid-engine car and spent the same amount of money on it as the front engine setup he has now, he would be running circles around the Audi's.
Old 6 Oct 2000, 01:24 (Ref:41357)   #7
BobN
Racer

BobN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panoz front engine

Check out Peter Brock's article at speedvision.com about the new Panoz and the front engine design potential. You may end up disagreeing with those that told you a mid engine would have been superior. The biggest plus appears to be the fuel load issue and how the moving of the fuel cell forward will make the car easier to dial in and as fuel burns off won't effect the handling. The big problem with current Panoz is not front engine but the engine package (weight, size. etc.). Tire wear should also improve with the new package.

Bob

Old 6 Oct 2000, 04:26 (Ref:41383)   #8
BMWRacerITS
Rookie

BMWRacerITS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting article and I would tend to agree with all of the logic he presents. Sounds very valid to me.

I will say though that the information I recieved came from people who work directly for the Panoz organization. One of the individuals is in fact a driver for the Panoz team.

So who knows? Maybe this front engine thing can work out to be better?!
Old 6 Oct 2000, 04:31 (Ref:41384)   #9
BobN
Racer

BobN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by BMWRacerITS
Very interesting article and I would tend to agree with all of the logic he presents. Sounds very valid to me.

I will say though that the information I recieved came from people who work directly for the Panoz organization. One of the individuals is in fact a driver for the Panoz team.

So who knows? Maybe this front engine thing can work out to be better?!
What the hell do drivers know. They only ride in around in the things. Only kidding.

Bob